Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2007 1:45:26 PM EDT
I had a full coverage policy on an old Ford pickup truck for about the last seven years. To drop the policy to basic liability would have only saved about $8 per month so we kept the full coverage. The truck looked like it had been used to haul cannonballs and was getting kind of weak in the engine compartment too. Since I bought a new Dodge truck and traded my KIA in, I figured I'd just sell the old klunker for $500 to the first person interested in it.

When I parked it in front of my house last Thursday it didn't take but about 45 minutes before two guys stopped and said that they would be back Monday to buy the truck. I told them that is it was still here that would be fine but I wouldn't hold it for them.

The next morning at about 03:00 hrs my sons Mercedes had a wheel bearing start to make some noise on his way to work so he limped back home and I told him to take the truck to work. He left and five minutes later my phone rang. Shit!  I knew that this was going to be bad news! It was my son calling from two miles away. He had hit a big 6 point buck and destroyed the left side of the truck. It took two hours for the State Trooper to respond because on his way here he hit a deer with his cruiser and after he filled out the report and was on his way again, he nearly hit another one.

The insurance adjuster looked the truck over and called on Monday with the news. They offered $2600 to settle the claim. The truck belongs to my daughter but the insurance is in my name since I am the one that drives it the most but she is going to get a nice Christmas check!

Sometimes insurance is actually worth the money. Things don't usually work out that way for old Pangea.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:52:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it when good things happen to good people.hhhhh,
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#2]
How about this for a happy insurance story.  Quit a job, made ONE cobra payment, then had a heart attack and had open heart surgery.  Total cost?  $100,000 plus.......
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How about this for a happy insurance story.  Quit a job, made ONE cobra payment, then had a heart attack and had open heart surgery.  Total cost?  $100,000 plus.......

You should have had two for that kind of deal!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:55:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yeah, uh, congratulations...
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:59:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Good deal on the insurance.  Guess I know where to go deer hunting.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Good for you!

Start shopping for a new insurance company now, they don't like that sort of thing.

Ask me how I know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top