Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2007 1:14:02 PM EDT
I'm not usually a fan of checkpoints, but.......

Illegal immigrant wanted for rape held
Alamogordo Daily News
Laura LondonStaff Writer
12/04/2007
http://www.alamogordonews.com/news/ci_7628056
Border Patrol agents working at the U.S. Highway 70 checkpoint near Alamogordo caught an illegal immigrant Sunday, who was also wanted in Colorado for sexual assault on a child.

According to a Border Patrol news release Monday, agents encountered the man in a Honda Accord with two passengers. He displayed unusual mannerisms and became irritated, and after continued questioning admitted to being in the country illegally.

The news release said agents arrested the man and processed him through the Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System. It returned an alert on the man for a possible outstanding warrant out of Colorado for sexual assault on a child, plus a heads up that he had been previously deported from the United States.

The man, whose name was not released, was turned over to the Otero County Sheriff's Department pending extradition, according to the news release.

The other two passengers were released, but the Accord was seized.

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection El Paso Sector Public Affairs Office explained the Border Patrol does not release names in such instances when they are not aware of prior convictions.

Demetrio Guerra, U.S. Customs and Border Protection El Paso Sector Public
Affairs Office, said the warrant was issued in El Paso County Colo., and advised the sheriff's department there would have more information concerning the man's identity.
Guerra explained the Accord was seized because it had an illegal immigrant inside.

"Most of the time, that is what happens," Guerra said.

He said when agents proceeded to question the three in the Accord, the occupants in the car gave conflicting stories.

The other two, he said, were U.S. citizens and were released.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Sigline
|
|
|
|
V
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:22:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sigline
|
|
|
|
V

They also seem to KILL an LEO every 60-120 days...

When I have more time I'll see if I can get an accurate
average for you if you'll add it to your stats down there
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard they cause baby bunnies to be born with unlucky feet too.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I heard they cause baby bunnies to be born with unlucky feet too.

BUILD THE WALL
DEPORT THEM ALL
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#5]
common guys you KNOW nothing is going to be done about this.............ever.

so unless some civilians go down to the border and do what NEEDS to be done.

ain't nothing gonna change.

because the people that are in charge of fixin it are the ones that want it to happen.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#6]
edited / banned ~ 82nd
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top