Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2007 12:51:35 PM EDT
This is a two posts in one.  The first is this bitch reporter.  The second part at the bottom is Quanell X getting owned over the incident as he does his Houston version of Jesse Jackson.

E-mail bomb the crap out of this liberal bitch. (Mods the e-mail is public and on the web-page)  We got that other reporter (Agular) booted from Fox 4 for the same type of shit, lets get this one gone also!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/falkenberg/5349444.html

Dec. 4, 2007, 8:38AM
Falkenberg: In Horn case, self-defense isn't so clear

By LISA FALKENBERG
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

There seems to be some confusion here. Joe Horn is not a hero.

The Pasadena homeowner certainly had a chance to be a hero, but he gave up that opportunity as soon as he allowed fear, adrenaline, suburban angst, Old West entitlement or all of the aforementioned to overwhelm his ability to think rationally and consider the consequences of his actions.

Let's imagine, for a moment, that the whole ordeal had turned out differently, that after the 61-year-old computer consultant called 911 to report a burglary next door on that November afternoon, he had followed the dispatcher's advice and stayed safely inside his house.

He still could have provided descriptions of the bad guys and let police know which way they were fleeing. He could have stood guard, loaded shotgun in hand, just in case the burglars preyed on his house next.

The headlines could have portrayed him as vigilant rather than vigilante: "Homeowner helps nab burglars," or "Hometown hero praised for being good neighbor."

Ignored pleadings
Most importantly, Miguel Antonio DeJesus, 38, and Diego Ortiz, 30, both of Houston, would still be alive.

But Horn didn't stay inside. He ignored the dispatcher's pleadings, grabbed his shotgun and charged out the front door to confront DeJesus and Ortiz, after uttering damning statements like "I'm not going to let them get away with it," and "I'm gonna kill them."

Horn's attorney and longtime friend Tom Lambright argues that his client acted in self-defense, that he thought he saw the alleged burglars lunging at him. Really? If the bad guys were armed only with a crowbar — the only weapon Horn mentions in the 911 call — would they really be lunging at a large man wielding a 12-gauge shotgun?

It will be up to a Harris County grand jury to decide whether Horn's actions were criminal.

Although a Texas law allows citizens to use deadly force to protect neighbors' property, some experts say the statute only applies to nighttime incidents.

Race muddies issue
Meanwhile, Horn has had to flee to an undisclosed location to escape the media attention. And Quanell X and cohorts are staging protests outside his house in an attempt to brand him a racist. Horn's supporters, some armed with a fleet of revving motorcycles, staged a dueling demonstration over the weekend.

I agree with the Horn supporters on one point: the race debate only muddies the issue. There's no reason to believe his actions were racially motivated.

But I am confounded by the rah-rah zeal with which some armchair vigilantes have celebrated Horn's actions. Some readers' comments on the Houston Chronicle Web site suggest the burglars "deserved what they got." Last time I checked, the penalty for burglary didn't include death.

At the demonstration, hundreds had signed the back of signs that seemed to suggest getting trigger-happy with a shotgun is as Texan as bluebonnets or the Lone Star flag.

"We're just citizens standing up for another citizen who chose to protect himself," said one demonstrator.

On some level, I understand the urge of residents overwhelmed and frustrated with crime to hold up Horn as a hero. He's the guy who fought back.

But Horn's isn't a clear case of self-defense. If it were, his name would be as unfamiliar to you as Gerald Lynn Southworth.

Southworth, a 60-year-old Porter property owner, also used his gun to fatally shoot someone he suspected of stealing. But Southworth's story a few days ago didn't grab national headlines. It was buried on Page B3 of this paper. Why? Because it appeared Southworth really was defending his own property.

Contrasting shootings
Southworth had reported thefts from his address two days before and had stayed overnight to guard his property. The suspect was still lying on Southworth's lawn when authorities arrived.

Still, these two men have something in common. When it was all over, neither seemed proud of what he'd done.

Horn was "devastated" and in need of a sedative after the shooting, Lambright said. A statement Horn issued said the killings would "weigh heavily on me for the rest of my life. My thoughts go out to the loved ones of the deceased."

Southworth had to be taken to the hospital because of chest pains after the shooting.

"I am sorry as hell," Southworth told KTRK (Channel 13). "I just wished there had been another way to resolve this."

In Horn's case, there was a better way. He just refused to take it.

[email protected]

Joe Video of Joe Horn Supports shut down Racist Quanell X

Here is why Quanell X is protesting Joe Horn.

“From the very beginning, we said that what the two brothers did was wrong. We don’t condone breaking into somebody’s house. But we are here today because we believe that it’s not right for anyone to become judge, jury and executioner, “ Quanell said, speaking into a bullhorn over angry shouts from the crowd.

Kinda Contradicts some of his other statements.  Linky

To “Pastor Porkchop, Bishop Coward” and other black leaders, he warned, “Sell us out, and tomorrow, the army will be knocking at your door.“[…]

“We will deal with police corruption in the streets by any means necessary.” An eye for an eye, a life for a life, he said. “I say to those corrupt police officers, I hope you are as willing to die as you are willing to kill.”

[…]

Later, he would say that if Louis Farrakhan is ever harmed, black people would kill every white in sight: “Blood will flow in America like a mighty river.”

[…]

“I refuse to allow some foot-shuffling, some head-bowing, knee-bending, boot-licking, behind-kissing, old-times-ain’t-forgotten, still-wish-we-in-the-land-of-pick-cotton, sell-out, window-dressing Negroes to QUIET ME DOWN, quiet down the spirit of young brothers and sisters, because Reverend Ham Hock, Pastor Porkchop, Deacon Chickenfoot and Bishop Coward would not stand up and fight for the liberation of their people — I’M SORRY!”

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#1]
didnt we get "rebbeca Aguliaur<sp> fired in Dallas for crap like this..  ?

we can do it again .  

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, that is hit-piece journalism, right there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top