Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2001 4:07:38 PM EDT
At 0930,folks walked into my office at the clinic and said"we are here to put in your computer".They put in a Dell with a 1.8 Chip,512 of RAM,100 Gig hard Drive and a 21" Sony Trinitron monitor.I am sure it is nice but the screen is so big my arms are not long enough.I want my old computer and 17" monitor back since I am computer illiterate.
cpermd
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Man those are some nice toys.  Is there a DVD rom to play movies on that 21 inch screen?

(BTW, name change since many have questioned my choice of "Flip")
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell this thing will burn DVDs and CDs
This monitor is HUGE
I don't word process,nothing that complicated.I sit on my ass,teach Emergency Medicine and Family Practice Medicine and play in my gun sites and stock sites.Some email.This is a huge waste of resources.I have already had the computer savvy residents in here burning CDs and DVDs.I now have my own personal copy of "Grease"
cpermd
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 10:31:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll trade you the 17" Sony Trinitron that I got with my Dell five years ago! Or if you can wait, I'll upgrade to a newer system later this year. [;)]

Edited to add: I do lots of writing but also some graphics and layout/desktop publishing.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Just readjust the way your mouse tracks to compensate for the larger screen.
Or else change the monitor display settings to a lower set of numbers so everything is bigger on screen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top