Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2007 8:37:49 AM EDT
I'm probably going to get a 135i next year and I'm thinking about taking european delivery of it.

Has anyone ever done that. Sounds like a blast.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:40:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Been there done it.  It was awesome, I highly recommend it.  I picked up a 2003 330i with my dad (my car).  Only downside is the 5 week wait to get the car in your hands again once you drop off in Europe.  I'd make sure you realize your going to make close to 2 payments before you see it again, but.....I'd do it again ina heartbeat.  You do save some money too.

Post or IM with any questions.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:44:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Humor me please.  What do you guys mean by European delivery?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#3]
No but a friend of mine did it with his mom. She had terminal cancer and wanted to do it before she passed away. so they did and he said it was incredible.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Been there done it.  It was awesome, I highly recommend it.  I picked up a 2003 330i with my dad (my car).  Only downside is the 5 week wait to get the car in your hands again once you drop off in Europe.  I'd make sure you realize your going to make close to 2 payments before you see it again, but.....I'd do it again ina heartbeat.  You do save some money too.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

If you book your flight with Luftansa in coordination with the ED program, your companion flies for free. It sounds like you'd get a brand new car and most of a european vacation (and the chance to drive your new car on the autobahn) for the same price as domestic delivery.

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:47:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Not likely to be saving much money with the current Euro exchange rate.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You fly to Munich to pickup your new BMW. You get to drive it around Europe and drop it off at one of the authorized shipping centers where they ship it back to the states.

Basically, the whole thing is cheaper because you skirt the US import rules (or something).

eta: BMW European Delivery
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Read this and you'll be sold!

Try this new link:  www.chamberware.com/Europe/?name=#Germany
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:51:26 AM EDT
[#8]
One of my professors in undergrad picked up his 3-series this way.

I plan on doing the same.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Volvo has the same thing, called Overseas Delivery. You get to drive your Volvo around Sweden and then drop it off.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You fly to Munich to pickup your new BMW. You get to drive it around Europe and drop it off at one of the authorized shipping centers where they ship it back to the states.

Basically, the whole thing is cheaper because you skirt the US import rules (or something).

eta: BMW European Delivery

Interesting, but as noted above, the exchange rate sucks right now.

I like the sound of it though.  It is something for me to consider when the dollar goes back up.  I can probably get to Europe for free if I can get some orders.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#11]
sign me up for this for when I get my 5 series.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

www.chamberware.com/Europe/

Um.

That link doesn't work.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um.

That link doesn't work.

Odd - works for me.  Here it is cold:

ETA:  New link:  http://www.chamberware.com/Europe/?name=#Germany
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um.

That link doesn't work.

Odd - works for me.  Here it is cold:

http://www.chamberware.com/Europe/

The source code of this page is protected by HTML Guardian
The ultimate tool to protect your HTML code, images, Java applets, Javascripts, links, keep web content filters away and much more...
www.ProtWare.com
21 Success Secrets of Self-Made Millionaires. Become a millionaire faster and easier than you ever thought possible! Do you ever wonder how it is that people just like you become millionaires? Would you like to know how? By applying these practical, proven strategies into your life, you will become a millionaire faster than you ever thought possible. Buy the 21 Success Secrets of Self-Made Millionaires today, apply them to your life and become a millionaire faster than you ever dreamed. You can do it! A compact text providing a step-by-step formula to become a self-made millionaire, based on the success secrets used by other millionaires. Includes 21 strategies and ideas for moving ahead in finance and in life, showing how to get organized and make plans for becoming wealthy.

ONLY AT US! E-book!!
DOWNLOAD NOW FREE!!
The newest program for fast search and download adult content - sex video, photo, naked stars,orgasm,orgy.
Attention! Only to persons 18 years are more senior.

Íîâåéøàÿ ïðîãðàììà äëÿ çàãðóçêè ýðîòèêè è ñåêñ âèäåî.
Âíèìàíèå! òîëüêî ëèöàì ñòàðøå 18 ëåò.

DOWNLOAD NOW FREE!!
Îò Àâòîðà: ÊÈÁÅÐÑÀÍÒ-ÌÀÒÐÈÖÀ - íîâåéøèé(!!!) è ñàìûé ãðàíäèîçíûé ïðîåêò Ðóíåòà çà âñþ èñòîðèþ åãî ñóùåñòâîâàíèÿ!!! Ñàìîå ïîäðîáíîå è èñ÷åðïûâàþùåå ðóêîâîäñòâî ïî êèáåðñàíòèíãó, ñîñòàâëåííîå ñ èñïîëüçîâàíèåì òåõíîëîãèé ìóëüòèìåäèà; ðåâîëþöèîííûé èíñòðóìåíòàðèé; óìîïîìðà÷èòåëüíîå ïðîãðàììíîå ñîïðîâîæäåíèå è íàäåæíàÿ òåõíè÷åñêàÿ ïîääåðæêà... Ñîçäàòü ñîáñòâåííóþ èíòåðíåò-èìïåðèþ, ïðèíîñÿùóþ äîõîä íå ìåíåå 1000-1500$ â ìåñÿö, òåïåðü ïî ïëå÷ó ÊÀÆÄÎÌÓ... Âàì áîëüøå íå áóäåò íóæíî ïîêóïàòü â Ñåòè êíèãè, áèçíåñ-ïàêåòû è ïðî÷èå ìàòåðèàëû ïî èíòåðíåò-çàðàáîòêó! Çàáóäüòå î òðàòàõ, îòíûíå è íàâñåãäà - Ñåòü áóäåò ÏÐÈÍÎÑÈÒÜ Âàì äåíüãè, à íå çàáèðàòü èõ ó Âàñ... Òåïåðü âû ïîëó÷èòå ÂÑÅ ×ÒÎ ÍÓÆÍÎ äëÿ çàðàáîòêà â Ñåòè (è äàæå áîëåå) â îäíîì "ôëàêîíå". ß ìå÷òàë ñîòâîðèòü ýòî ×ÓÄÎ, ñ òîãî ñàìîãî ìîìåíòà, êàê òîëüêî ïîíÿë - ÊÀÊ ÈÌÅÍÍÎ ìîæíî çàñòàâèòü Ñåòü ïðèíîñèòü ìíå ñîòíè, òûñÿ÷è è äåñÿòêè òûñÿ÷ äîëëàðîâ. Ìå÷òàë ñäåëàòü íå÷òî òàêîå, ÷òî ìîãëî áû ïîìî÷ü ëþáîìó ÷åëîâåêó áåç èñêëþ÷åíèÿ 100% çàðàáàòûâàòü â Ñåòè, íå âûõîäÿ èç äîìà. Ìå÷òàë ñîçäàòü óíèâåðñàëüíûé èíñòðóìåíò äëÿ èíòåðíåò-çàðàáîòêà, êîòîðûé ïîäîøåë áû êàê àêàäåìèêó, òàê è ñòóäåíòó; êàê èçíûâàþùåé îò ñêóêè äîìîõîçÿéêå, òàê è ïðîäâèíóòîìó ïðåäïðèíèìàòåëþ. Íå÷òî, ïî-íàñòîÿùåìó âñåîáúåìëþùåå, ãðàíäèîçíîå, ôóíäàìåíòàëüíîå... Ðàáîòàþùåå áåçîòêàçíî â ëþáûõ óñëîâèÿõ, ïîäîáíî àâòîìàòó Êàëàøíèêîâà, è â òî æå âðåìÿ - ìàêñèìàëüíî ïðîñòîå â îáðàùåíèè... Òîò ñàìûé "ñòàíîê äëÿ ïå÷àòàíèÿ äåíåã", î êîòîðîì ìå÷òàþò ìèëëèîíû ìàíèìåéêåðîâ íî êîòîðûì îáëàäàþò ëèøü åäèíèöû ïðîäâèíóòûõ êèáåðñàíòîâ!!! È âîò, ìå÷òû, íàêîíåö, ñòàëè ÿâüþ! Õîòü è ïîòðåáîâàëîñü ìíå íà ýòî áîëåå äâóõ ëåò è íå îäíà òûñÿ÷à äîëëàðîâ. Ñòàíîê ñîçäàí!!! Ðàçóìååòñÿ, ðîáêèå ïîïûòêè âîïëîùåíèÿ ýòîé ìå÷òû "âñåõ âðåìåí è íàðîäîâ" ïðåäïðèíèìàëèñü ìíîþ è ðàíüøå. Òå æå ïàêåòû FEM è FEM-2, íàïðèìåð... Ïî÷åìó ðîáêèå è ïî÷åìó ïîïûòêè?.. Äà ïîòîìó ÷òî ÊÈÁÅÐÑÀÍÒ-ÌÀÒÐÈÖÀ íå èäåò íè â êàêîå ñðàâíåíèå íè ñ îäíèì èç ñóùåñòâóþùèõ íûíå â Ðóíåòå áèçíåñ-ïàêåòîâ, ðàâíî êàê è ñî âñåìè èìè âìåñòå âçÿòûìè!!! Äíè è íî÷è, ïðîâåäåííûå çà êîìïüþòåðîì, íåäåëè, ìåñÿöû è ãîäû (à ðàâíî ñîòíè è òûñÿ÷è äîëëàðîâ!!!) ïîòðà÷åííûå íà ïîèñê, ïîêóïêó, èçó÷åíèå è ïåðåðàáîòêó ñàìûõ ïîëåçíûõ, öåííûõ, ïåðñïåêòèâíûõ áèçíåñ-ïàêåòîâ è êíèã Èíòåðíåòà äàëè íàêîíåö æåëàåìûé ðåçóëüòàò. Ñîáðàâ âñå ñàìîå öåííîå è àêòóàëüíîå, êàðäèíàëüíî ïåðåðàáîòàâ ìàòåðèàë è ïîëíîñòüþ àäàïòèðîâàâ åãî ê ðåàëèÿì Ðóíåòà, äîáàâèâ îãðîìíîå êîëè÷åñòâî ïðèíöèïèàëüíî íîâîãî è ïîëåçíîãî, ðàçâèâ òåìó FEM'îâ è ýëåêòðîííîé êîììåðöèè ÄÎ ÊÎÍÖÀ è ïðåäñòàâèâ åå â âèäå çàâåðøåííîé ÑÈÑÒÅÌÛ (ìîùíîãî èíñòðóìåíòà, ãîòîâîãî ê äåéñòâèþ), ìíå óäàëîñü íàêîíåö ñîçäàòü Ũ... ÊÈÁÅÐÑÀÍÒ-ÌÀÒÐÈÖÓ - ñàìîå ïîëíîå, âñåñòîðîííåå, öåííîå è ïîëåçíîå ïîñîáèå ïî ýëåêòðîííîé êîììåðöèè â Ðóíåòå. Íàñòîÿùóþ ýíöèêëîïåäèþ êèáåðñàíòèíãà! Èíñòðóìåíò äëÿ çàðàáîòêà, ìàêñèìàëüíî ïðîñòîé â îáðàùåíèè è íåâåðîÿòíî ýôôåêòèâíûé íà ïðàêòèêå. Çàÿâëÿþ ýòî áåç ëîæíîé ñêðîìíîñòè è áàõâàëüñòâà, èáî Çàïàäíûå àíàëîãè Êèáåðñàíò-Ìàòðèöû ñòîÿò íå äåñÿòêè è äàæå íå ñîòíè, à ÒÛÑß×È ÄÎËËÀÐÎÂ!!!

ÒÎËÜÊÎ Ó ÍÀÑ! Ýòîò ïàêåò Àáñîëþòíî áåñïëàòíî!
DOWNLOAD NOW FREE!!

Thats what I get.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
<snip>
Thats what I get.

This is what I get:

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 10:26:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Thats what I get.

Spyware/malware scanner, STAT!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thats what I get.

Spyware/malware scanner, STAT!

Whoa.  +1
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#18]
What's the base price of a 135i?  I saw them a few days ago on BMW's site and now I want one.

European delivery sounds like a great time.  Of course, you'll need to take her on the Autobahn and stretch her legs.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>
Thats what I get.

This is what I get:

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/Eyesofsilver/M3EuropeanDelivery.jpg

That looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

And soon theres going to be a V8 M3.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#20]
I would have loved to do that with my BMW 335, but couldn't take the time off of work.

Hope you do it and post pics from along the way.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
What's the base price of a 135i?  I saw them a few days ago on BMW's site and now I want one.

They are quoting $35,675. Cheap for what you get.

The powerful 135i Coupe features BMW’s twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder engine that produces 300 horsepower and an incredible 300 lb-ft of torque from as low as 1,400 rpm. With its direct piezo gasoline injectors, twin low-mass turbochargers and air-to-air intercooling, optimum performance and economy is achieved with no loss in engine response. For the 135i Coupe, acceleration from 0-62 mph is accomplished in 5.3 seconds and top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph. Both engines feature on-demand engine coolant pumps that improve fuel economy and reduce parasitic losses for increased efficiency and power output.

I have no idea what that means, but it sounds sexy.

Quoted:
Of course, you'll need to take her on the Autobahn and stretch her legs.

Of course.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I hadn't heard anything about the new 135i until today...it sounds awesome, like what I envision an M3 should be.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Check out the ED (not THAT ED you pervs) forum over at bimmerfest.com.  You will learn everything you ever wanted about the entire process.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Amusingly, my dad bought his '96 (first model year) BMW Z3 while stationed in Germany, through a German dealership. However, as all Z3s (and now Z4s) are built here in the US at the Spartanburg, SC plant, the car had to be shipped to him in Germany.

Then Uncle Sam paid to have it shipped back to the US.

The unfortunate part is that he was deployed to Bosnia the entire time he had the car and never got to drive it in Germany. It just sat in the carport.

-Mark
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hadn't heard anything about the new 135i until today...it sounds awesome, like what I envision an M3 should be.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'm probably going to get a 135i next year and I'm thinking about taking european delivery of it.

Has anyone ever done that. Sounds like a blast.

Likely going to take Euro Delivery of an S5 next Summer. Audi has one hell of a program. Most programs include some discounts off MSRP, others have complimentary stays tath offset some travel costs - Audi has both - as well as tours, events, etc.

You should hit the Ring while you're there (Psst dont mention it to your host - seriously)

ETA Audi European Delivery Program

Luck
Alac
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
<snip> However, as all Z3s (and now Z4s) are built here in the US at the Spartanburg, SC plant, the car had to be shipped to him in Germany.

Not for long.  Z4 production is being moved to Germany by 2009.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top