Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2007 4:19:46 AM EDT
Last week I agreed to Chaperon my Daughters Drama club to go see "The Diary of Anne Frank" at the Broward Center. I enjoy the Theatre and having been in "The Diary of Anne Frank" ( I played Mr. Dussel) a number of years ago, I was quite interested in going to see the show.

This morning I find out that it is "The Diary of Anne Frank" as told by interpretive dance

AS the Title says, I am less than thrilled now. I enjoy the Theatre, both musicals and straight plays. I can tolerate Opera. Ballet and interpretive dance on the other hand...

I'm committed to going, but wow I wish I could get out of this one.

I think I would rather be water boarded
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:22:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Just pay a bum to take them insted.  Just kidding you are screwed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:23:47 AM EDT
[#2]
sounds awful
just part of being a good dad though
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:26:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Theater is where the wildest chicks in high school hang out...That's where I met my wife...If you've got sons, encourage them to get into technical theater-the'll learn to build sets, wire lighting (both important man skills) and it will put them in close proximity toi theater chicks who tend to not be shy about walking out of the dressing room in various states of undress....
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:33:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Theater is where the wildest chicks in high school hang out...That's where I met my wife...If you've got sons, encourage them to get into technical theater-the'll learn to build sets, wire lighting (both important man skills) and it will put them in close proximity toi theater chicks who tend to not be shy about walking out of the dressing room in various states of undress....

Why do you think I volunteer to chaperone and / or assist with all of my daughters Drama club (and now community theater) functions?

FWIW I've been in and out of the Theatre most of my life. Mom had me going to auditions soon as I could walk and it has been in my blood since
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:51:20 AM EDT
[#5]
echo6,

Does your "interpretive dance" go something like this?

GM
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:52:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I sense a Lebowski moment.

Colonel Hurtz
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:01:37 AM EDT
[#7]
My sympathy, but having daughters myself, there is no reason to legitimize all the drama by giving it its own club.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:05:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My sympathy, but having daughters myself, there is no reason to legitimize all the drama by giving it its own club.

+5
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:10:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:21:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I recomend that you go, you did say ya would...  But, i also recomend that you sleep without snoring!

Enjoy the time with the kids..They can be a hoot!

Semper Fi
Ed
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:29:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
echo6,

Does your "interpretive dance" go something like this?

fuserservices.com/interpretivedance.JPG

GM

I was thinking of a meat therometer to the temple but, yes, that will work too
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:36:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Nothing that a 60 oz fountain Coke mixed with a half pint of Rum won't get you through.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top