Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 9:46:12 PM EDT
In class tonight we were having an unsupervised discussion about if businesses should be concerned with societal good or just profits.  And as those discussions go we got off topic.

We were talking about the Presidential candidates and who we support.  Two of the guys were Democrats and voted dem in the last two elections.  

Guess who they support?  RON PAUL

One's main issue was Iraq and the other was MJ.  As least that guy was honest.  He wants it legal so he can smoke it without harassment.

I am beginning to believe a Ron Paul run 3rd party would help the Republicans.  I think the "conservatives" that would vote for him will stay home if they can't vote for him and there are a LOT of loony left that like him.

Interestingly, with most of the democrats I have talked to lately (not just from OK), guns are a huge non issue.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:50:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a hardcore Democrat friend of mine (even reads Utne Reader and Mother Jones) who asked me what I thought about Ron Paul.  I was taken aback.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
If a pro-war democrat like Hitlery gets the nomination, Ron Paul could be veddy veddy good to us.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Interestingly, with most of the democrats I have talked to lately (not just from OK), guns are a huge non issue.

I've thought that for years.

Sure, they don't like guns and don't know why I 'need' my AR, but they don't go to the polls thinking about it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#4]
After watching the Commie News Network "debate", I'd have to agree.

The RP's main support is on the Left.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Liberty is popular, Perot would have won if he had stayed in the running.

If Paul gets the nomination he will win.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If a pro-war democrat like Hitlery gets the nomination, Ron Paul could be veddy veddy good to us.

How can you even tell if Hitlery is pro one thing or the other, she been for and against everything at least once.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Not surprising the tards at work certainly know RP as of late.  They don't look at his core beliefs beyond basic talking points though.

So if true libs (not just the confused or bandwagoners) are pulling for RP they are uninformed.  Just remeber not all democratic voters are moonbats and traitors, but they are usually uninformed.

Ron Paul as President is not condusive to entitlement seekers.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How can you even tell if Hitlery is pro one thing or the other, she been for and against everything at least once.

A) She voted for the war, thats a HUGE liability.
B) She's been meeting with Bush advisers on how to continue the war.
C) Wars create power for the executive, and she loves power.
D) She's never said unequivocally that she will end the war.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:57:22 PM EDT
[#9]
You may be onto something. I regilarly see people standing on the street corners holding Ron Paul for president signs. They look like Democrats, in that they are not at work like a Republican would be.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Holy fucking shit I just realized!!  In before the "all Paulbots are potheads" comment.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:58:52 PM EDT
[#11]
If Hitlery gets the nom, and Paul doesn't, I can guarantee you that SOMEONE will run on an anti-war platform.  And that someone will hurt the Democrats.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Interesting that Iraq was the deciding factor, since several of the Dem front-runners have been opposed to the GWOT since day one -
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#13]
This reminds me of a thread from a couple of months ago.

Third party candidate like RP wouldn't hurt the R's any more than the D's.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Interesting that Iraq was the deciding factor, since several of the Dem front-runners have been opposed to the GWOT since day one -

Like Finestien whose husband has made many millions since the GWOT kicked off on defense contracts.  I think Obama was the only Dim candidate who can claim opposition throughout.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You may be onto something. I regilarly see people standing on the street corners holding Ron Paul for president signs. They look like Democrats, in that they are not at work like a Republican would be.

Don't worry, they are probably out on disability or something.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like Finestien whose husband has made many millions since the GWOT kicked off on defense contracts.  I think Obama was the only Dim candidate who can claim opposition throughout.  

+1

All the others voted for it before they were against it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Liberty is popular, Perot would have won if he had stayed in the running.

If Paul gets the nomination he will win.

Did you take my bet?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=641725
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Thats good they were for Ron Paul.  I am just glad they don't believe the BS that comes of out the mouths of hitlery and osama.  shit, that dude can have all the pot he wants if neither of them get elected.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:14:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Democrats want Ron Paul.  Foreigners want ron Paul. Doper conspiracy idiots want Ron Paul. All this tells me is: HOPE TO GOD RON PAUL DOESN'T WRECK THE GOP NOMINEE'S CAMPAIGN
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Iraq is basically like a liberal democrats biggest issue and many others as well.....more or less.

Yeah, Obama voted against the war.  But he's black and even many liberal Dems would not support a black president.

So that leaves RP, even though he's running as a Republican.  He is extremely outspoken about being against the war and he's white.

That's good enough to satisfy many liberal dems and others.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:15:05 PM EDT
[#21]
IF RP gets the republican nom. he will win.

I kind of like Thompson, but I think RP is the republicans only chance to get in the white house.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
IF RP gets the republican nom. he will win.

I kind of like Thompson, but I think RP is the republicans only chance to get in the white house.

Did you take my bet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top