Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 8:20:12 PM EDT
I live in the middle of nowhere and haven't had TV since moving here almost 2 years ago.

I missed the Superbowl last year because none of my friends wanted to watch it.  I'm not missing it again; it's like getting cheated out of Christmas.

Plus, I really miss the History Channel, Discovery, etc.

It looks like in my area that only 2 companies are available; Dish Network and DishTV.

Which one has better customer service and less BS with hidden charges, etc.?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#1]
My next door neighbor has Dish Network. She does nothing but complain about it. The service keeps going down, her favorite programs keep getting switched to a higher rate per month plan, the customer service is located in Bangladesh, etc. etc. She is very unhappy with them.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I was on their website trying to get info on actual costs and partially filled in a service order with my first name and phone number.

I canceled it and ten minutes later, some guy with a thick Indian accent calls me and wants to know what package I want.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#3]
There ain't any!

I have Dish Network & when it rains, it goes out. Wish I had my C-Band dish back!

Mike
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My next door neighbor has Dish Network. She does nothing but complain about it. The service keeps going down, her favorite programs keep getting switched to a higher rate per month plan, the customer service is located in Bangladesh, etc. etc. She is very unhappy with them.

Funny, I've had dish network for 10+ years, and have never had a complaint about it.

But, since the original poster asked.....

IMHO:

If you like sports...and I mean like them allot. Then I'd go with Direct TV.

If you like all of the other stuff, more than Sports....Then I would go with Dish Network.

They really are pretty close to each other, in terms of programming, and rates, Etc.

I'd say that it comes down to the two questions above, as to which one you want to get.

Best Of Luck!
Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I have Direct TV and heavy rain is the only problem. I've never had to call customer service. It works better than Cox Cable. I'm getting ready to up grade to Hidef after the first of the year. Verizon offers a  Web/phone/sat. tv  package in this area, can you get it there?  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:39:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I have dish and my only problem with them is no football package.hardly ever goes out but I will switch to direct dv for football package next year.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:49:39 AM EDT
[#7]
DirecTV=NFL Sunday TIcket=win.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:53:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:59:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny, I've had dish network for 10+ years, and have never had a complaint about it.

But, since the original poster asked.....

IMHO:

If you like sports...and I mean like them allot. Then I'd go with Direct TV.

If you like all of the other stuff, more than Sports....Then I would go with Dish Network.

They really are pretty close to each other, in terms of programming, and rates, Etc.

I'd say that it comes down to the two questions above, as to which one you want to get.

Best Of Luck!
Tall Shadow

+1

Mine works perfectly ..... even in very bad weather .... I have both SD and HD (two dishes) .............

Must be installed properly ......

Your neighbor:
- if her service keeps going down, it needs aligned properly
- programs getting switched and escalating costs is just not true
- I have several local service providers and I'm pretty much out in the sticks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top