Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 7:54:29 PM EDT
Generally speaking, how much more will a dog grow after 6months old?    Breed is Belgian Malinois.    I'd guess she was about 20" tall at the shoulder right now, maybe a bit taller, and about 50-55lbs, I'd guess.   I'm judging this based off comparison of the known size of our GSD.

She was with out food and water for 3 days as a 2month old(we adopted her after she was rescued), and the vet said she might now get as big as she might have because of that.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing if you wrap it tightly in a blanket and feed it rice water.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#2]
My dogs grew a bit more after 6 months. Maybe another pound or two.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:29:16 AM EDT
[#3]
bump...

anyone else care to add their expertise?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:51:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Your Mal could put on another 20 pounds or so. Just depeneds on the genetics.
Female will be smaller end of scale.

Most larger breeds take a while to grow. Most grow up to the full hight by a year then start to fill out.

My Corso just turned 6mo. He is 85lbs. He will be 120-130 I would think when he is finished in another 2 years.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:53:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Your Mal could put on another 20 pounds or so. Just depeneds on the genetics.
Female will be smaller end of scale.

Most larger breeds take a while to grow. Most grow up to the full hight by a year then start to fill out.

My Corso just turned 6mo. He is 85lbs. He will be 120-130 I would think when he is finished in another 2 years.

This seems right.  GSDs will grow up to about a year, but will stay scrawny, and then they start to fill out a lot more and get that wonderful shepherd look.  The big dog bark comes in at about six months, though!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:56:46 AM EDT
[#6]
My wife and I rescued an 8 month old GSD a few years ago. At the time, she was about 45 pounds. Now that she's well fed and happy, she's up to about 80 pounds.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:57:29 AM EDT
[#7]
My Pomeranian stopped growing around 3 months
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top