Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 7:14:03 PM EDT
These 2-page ads in Guns&Ammo stating 4 books for $.98 with membership.  Within membership, you must purchase 4 books at regular price within 2 years.

Is anyone a member and do you feel it's worth it?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I was a member a few years ago.

I bought the required books and a couple extra and then opted out.  No harassment or "YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE MUAHAHAHAHA" like with BMG music.

It was worth it from my experience.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:17:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I joined about 10 years ago. I liked that I could pick out 3 or 4 books for a quarter each. They ended up sending me the featured book each month or season, and it was up to me to buy it or ship it back within a certain amount of time. Unless you are really on the ball you will end up with some crappy books that you are stuck with at full price.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Teh postage sucks.  Trick is to meet your quota in as few orders as possible to keep the postage down and then quit.

BTW, on the selection(s) of the month, you can get on-line and cancel the shipment before it comes out.  Saves you a trip to the post office that way.

I've done that many times.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I joined about 10 years ago. I liked that I could pick out 3 or 4 books for a quarter each. They ended up sending me the featured book each month or season, and it was up to me to buy it or ship it back within a certain amount of time. Unless you are really on the ball you will end up with some crappy books that you are stuck with at full price.

I used to be a member. They would send me an email before shipping the monthly selection. I usually just went to the website & declined it. Very simple.

Only reason I'm not still a member is that I have more books than I could read in a year.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They ended up sending me the featured book each month or season, and it was up to me to buy it or ship it back within a certain amount of time. Unless you are really on the ball you will end up with some crappy books that you are stuck with at full price.

What was the amount of time you had to send it back?  I travel alot for work, so the internet shipping-cancellation option would be a big help for me.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#6]
The books I bought from them were nice and a good price however they pissed me off. Twice they sent me monthly selections even though I declined and it took them over four months to correct my account.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They ended up sending me the featured book each month or season, and it was up to me to buy it or ship it back within a certain amount of time. Unless you are really on the ball you will end up with some crappy books that you are stuck with at full price.

What was the amount of time you had to send it back?  I travel alot for work, so the internet shipping-cancellation option would be a big help for me.

I once had some books they sent me sitting around for three months before I finally sent them back (unopened/unread).  After that they no longer send me their monthly selections.  I just buy once and a while when something peaks my interest.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I really appreciate all of the information that was posted.  Thanks guys!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top