Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2007 5:26:25 PM EDT
My dogs get along fine for the most part and in some ways are inseperable but when I give one attention it get "interesting" as the other one will vie for attention any which way it can. Ya'll have the same problem?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely! Dogs have emotions too & get jealous as well. Hell, my former Rottie couldn't stand my then-GF & snapped at her whenever *I* wasn't around.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, they vie for our attention and the larger pushes the smaller away.

They play well together and don' t actually fight for our undivided attention, but they compete.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#3]
YO. fxntime. How are you?

Get a deer with a pistola this year?

And yes, my younger dog does get jealous. My "senior" dog is too dignified to care. She just hip checks junior out of the way....
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Odd because I was just thinking about this.  I have a lab and was wondering how adding a nother dog (GSD) would change the dynamics.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Not a dog, but my wife's cat get jealous when I give some attention to the wife.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#6]
We took in a tame stray cat 4 months or so ago.

Bailey Beagle and the cat get along fine, but if wife or i start paying attention to the cat, Bailey will sit with her back to us until we are done
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Dogs = Attention Whores

I know (x_X) after living with mine for 10 years I can safely say they will do ANYTHING for your affection.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]
yes
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, if one is getting attention the other will be right there to get petted too.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#10]
My dog hates it when I talk to my wife. If he's in another room and hears me talking to her he will come in and stand in between us and stare at her It turns out he's a much better judge of character than me He's fine with her if I'm not talking to her though but its funny as hell when it happens. He is a 12 year old yellow lab and we bought him together but he never really liked her I love that dog!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#11]
My dog always gets pissed off when I come home smelling like another dog...

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep, if I'm giving some attention to one, the other will be there shortly.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

And yes, my younger dog does get jealous. My "senior" dog is too dignified to care. She just hip checks junior out of the way....

Got one, medium sized doe, I'll be going out in late doe season to see if I can get a bigger one. One just won't feed us for the year.  

Used the SRH .454, close shot, maybe 20 yards broadside, took out the upper portion of the heart, ran about 30 yards before it piled up. I was sure enough of the shot that I unloaded and rucked the pistol as it was snowing pretty good.

Actually it's been worse between my 2 dogs since I had my old lab gal put down about a month 1/2 ago. They play together well and woe to anyone who would mess with the other but the jealousy part has on occasion gotten past the point of posturing and very close to a fight. The one did go after the other one about 2 weeks ago but it was the typical growlfest and snapping jaw bit without actually biting down to the point that injury would occur. By themselves they are fine, but spend time petting one [I do it all the time on the computer or watching TV] and the baleful eyes, head butting and such is annoying sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My dog hates it when I talk to my wife. If he's in another room and hears me talking to her he will come in and stand in between us and stare at her It turns out he's a much better judge of character than me He's fine with her if I'm not talking to her though but its funny as hell when it happens. He is a 12 year old yellow lab and we bought him together but he never really liked her I love that dog!

My ex-GF once told me it "was either her or the dog"............................

I told her, "We're gonna miss you, dear.............."    
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#15]
yes
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got one, medium sized doe, I'll be going out in late doe season to see if I can get a bigger one. One just won't feed us for the year.  

Used the SRH .454, close shot, maybe 20 yards broadside, took out the upper portion of the heart, ran about 30 yards before it piled up. I was sure enough of the shot that I unloaded and rucked the pistol as it was snowing pretty good.

Actually it's been worse between my 2 dogs since I had my old lab gal put down about a month 1/2 ago. They play together well and woe to anyone who would mess with the other but the jealousy part has on occasion gotten past the point of posturing and very close to a fight. The one did go after the other one about 2 weeks ago but it was the typical growlfest and snapping jaw bit without actually biting down to the point that injury would occur. By themselves they are fine, but spend time petting one [I do it all the time on the computer or watching TV] and the baleful eyes, head butting and such is annoying sometimes.

Sorry to hear about your lab.

Good work on keeping the population down... I'm thinking of doing some Doe hunting in Homer later this month....

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:08:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Mine too.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Yep, the puppy gets super jealous of the older one when I give him attention.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Two GSD's, and they will shove each other out of the way vying for attention.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:48:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, I only have one (a pit bull).  My GF has four Italian greyhounds and a whippet.  We don't see any jealousy issues... when my Libby is in the room, her dogs scatter  They are more than happy to relinquish all attention to her
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

My GF has four Italian greyhounds and a whippet.  

Might I ask why?????????    
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't have dogs, but my cats are that way.

One of them comes up to me and meows really loud whenever I talk on the phone.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Two GSD's, and they will shove each other out of the way vying for attention.

GSDs will do that!  And then they both try to get into your lap ...
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My GF has four Italian greyhounds and a whippet.  

Might I ask why?????????    

cause u cant bet on 1
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#27]
This can be a useful characteristic. As proven this evening, if you want to get the dogs inside, just start talking baby talk to one and the others will hustle in because they will want some loving too!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:37:28 PM EDT
[#28]
My dog barks if im on the phone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top