Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 4:51:25 PM EDT
So I'm doing a cross country and will be spending the night in P-cola Wed night.  Heard Seville Quarter is the place to go.  Anywhere else worth looking at?  Just going to be there wed night from about 2200-1200 the next day.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:01:24 PM EDT
[#1]
the only thing worth seeing in Pensacola is the aviation museum at Pensacola NAS. The rest of the town was seriously dissapointing.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Almost ran a convoy of a bunch of gold Mercedes-Benz off the road passing through there in a moving truck.

Most exciting moment of the trip.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Watch out for the Navy.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the only thing worth seeing in Pensacola is the aviation museum at Pensacola NAS. The rest of the town was seriously dissapointing.

+1 on the museum...
If it was the warm time of year, you would need to go to Gulf Breeze ( Pensacola beach ) and party at the " Dock ".
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#5]
well, i've done the museum at the NAS a few years ago, and i won't be there during business hours anyway.  basically looking for good restaurants/bars to go to on a wed night.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So I'm doing a cross country and will be spending the night in P-cola Wed night.  Heard Seville Quarter is the place to go.  Anywhere else worth looking at?  Just going to be there wed night from about 2200-1200 the next day.  

Mesa Verde?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Museum and the beach. Seville is, eh. You've seen one club you've seen them all. Thursday night is the big night at Seville anyway. Check out Emerald City ;).
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#8]

the only thing worth seeing in Pensacola is the aviation museum at Pensacola NAS. The rest of the town was seriously dissapointing

+1 This guy knows  what  he is talking about. Forget everything else in town. Spend at least half a day here and see what is on at the IMAX there.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#9]
most likely not going to be able to do the NAS due to time... planning to leave around noon on thurs morning, so that precludes most day activites
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
well, i've done the museum at the NAS a few years ago, and i won't be there during business hours anyway.  basically looking for good restaurants/bars to go to on a wed night.

McGarveys (sp?) just after the I-110 puts you off in downtown on the way to P-Cola beach.  Garbage burger is a good heartburn feast.

There is a so/so boobie bar downtown.  Seville Quarter is not a great suggestion as you will probably end up having the whole place to yourself.  I suggest heading over to Pensacola Beach and hitting up the clubs and bars over there.  Holiday Inn on the beach is better than anything in town.

If you don't have to stay in P-Cola, then keep driving to Destin.  Hog's Breath Saloon is a good place to go.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#11]
+ another vote for the museum at the NAS.  i was lucky enough to visit back in june.

if you had time, and it was warmer, i would recommend driving to perdido (sp?) bay.  i think it is south, but i was not driving, so i don't really remember.   very white sand, very clear water, and VERY hot babes.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Check out Emerald City ;).

+1
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Its Mcguires... I don't personally like the place, but I think Wed is ladies night. Its about as Irish as McDonalds, they don't have Guinness.

Sammys is the strip club, its almost nextdoor to Mcguires. Both are on Gregory St which is 1blk up from where you get off of I-110.

Honestly, if you are coming cross country from TX, you are never going to get near downtown PNS. I-10 doesn't run through the city, you'll have to get on 110 and run about 8mi to downtown.

I'd try to hit the Naval Avaition Museum, its awsome.

Give me your lic plate# and where you are staying, I'll get you a tour of the jail
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top