Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/3/2007 1:44:39 PM EDT

If you find yourself arguing with either PAEBR332, Cincinnatus or FLAL1A, you should probably stop and re-evaluate your argument, because it is VERY likely that you are wrong.  

Just helpful advice, nothing more.

I also propose that those "Three Wise Men of ARFCOM" be given control of the BAN BUTTON for one day every year (perhaps chosen at random), to do a Deep Colon Cleanse of arfcom, expunging annoying trolls, kids, and the insane.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#1]
But you can ignore Dk-Prof
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Also don't ask what 87 means.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

That guy creeps me out.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I study FLAL1A's posts like a hawk (he's one of my favorite posters). The other two I'm not sure of. It's not because I disagree with you, it's because I never bothered to notice. That said, you're another one who's posts I study with great interest, so I'm sure you're (likely) right.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That guy creeps me out.  

Me to
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That guy creeps me out.  

STICK IT IN HER POULTRY AND POST PICS!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That guy creeps me out.  

damn freaky dutch!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you find yourself arguing with either PAEBR332, Cincinnatus or FLAL1A, you should probably stop and re-evaluate your argument, because it is VERY likely that you are wrong.  

I also propose that those "Three Wise Men of ARFCOM" be given control of the BAN BUTTON for one day every year (perhaps chosen at random), to do a Deep Colon Cleanse of arfcom, expunging annoying trolls, kids, and the insane.

Insane is a relative term.  Would that only apply to those who have been adjudicated mentally unstable?  If not, we may lose over half of the members.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Also I might add our (beside Cincinnatus) many combat veterans who n00bs continue to try to impress with their knowledge and skeelz...

They have the patience of Saints!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Insane is a relative term.  Would that only apply to those who have been adjudicated mentally unstable?  If not, we may lose over half of the members.

Yeah - I only meant the really annoying kind, not the good entertaining kind.  Those we defnitely want to keep!  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That guy creeps me out.  

OK I am not going to lie... there are flecks of spit on my monitor from LOLing you cretin!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I forgot that FLAL1A was who he is and suggested "teh penis" in a roundabout way when he was asking for avatar suggestions recently

I have been waiting on the "hammer of jurisprudence" since then
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That guy creeps me out.  

OK I am not going to lie... there are flecks of spit on my monitor from LOLing you cretin!
I must pass credit to Persephone, she's the one that said it. Which makes it even funnier
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Redacted
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Don't ask about the goose in DK-Prof's dresser drawer...someone had to say it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I know Cincinattus is a Marine, what about the other 2? I don't know their backgrounds.  Care to update a fella?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I know Cincinattus is a Marine, what about the other 2? I don't know their backgrounds.  Care to update a fella?

I don't want to reveal their occupations without their permission - and I also feel that it really shouldn't matter.  The opinions stand on their own merits.  This thread was certainly not meant to "out" either of their professions in any way, and if that unintentionally happens I'd want staff/mods to immediately trash the thread.

Sorry
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

+1, I know PAEBR is the constitutional master, and FLAL1A bought a hotel full of marines drinks, but thats about it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#20]
did I miss anything?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I got in an argument with Cincinnatus once, and we ended up apologizing to one another.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't want to reveal their occupations without their permission - and I also feel that it really shouldn't matter.  The opinions stand on their own merits.  This thread was certainly not meant to "out" either of their professions in any way, and if that unintentionally happens I'd want staff/mods to immediately trash the thread.

Sorry
I agree that it shouldn't really matter, but I'm not really well known for getting into the serious threads around here so while I've seen em around, I'm just not real familiar with em
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry

Ditto, especially FLA1LA. It's a priviledge to have him post here and I'd hate it if somebody could put two and two together with a google search.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Do not argue with DK-Prof, he can get foul!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:04:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#26]
DK, I would have to agree with your choices

GM
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Is there a particular thread that brought this on, out of curiosity?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:04:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Obviously i'm a newb here but always interested in learning from those wiser than myself. Any chance we could get links here to some of there more enlightening and/or entertaining posts.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I will tell you the most painful (and funny) thread beatdown I have ever read was by Cincinnatus.  I think it was over 20 pages.

The one with the guy that posted a letter from his mother?

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#32]
How about arguing with 5sub?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry

Point taken and edit made.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I just wanted to post and say DK-Prof is a newbie...

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

he is around for the entertainment value
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Especially when it comes to the GWOT threads, arguing against Cincinnatus is just going to leave you looking foolish. (Which can be amusing for the rest of us! )
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Shit, tag any thread about Iraq or terrorism that Cincinnatus is a part of.  By page 5 people will be all but calling him a traitor to the republic.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#38]
I agreed 100%
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#39]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

he is around for the entertainment value

So he's like the village idiot or something? lol
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
It is interesting to me that after reading many, many posts, it is actually true that a few guys can be counted on to know what they are talking about.  

And a great many more can be counted on to be wrong almost every time.

All senority here does is enable you to know the difference.

Precisely!

And now that you've posted in this thread, I am HORRIBLY EMBARASSED that I did not mention you in the original post.  Please forgive the oversight.

Of course, you are so civil, that I have a hard time remembering instances of you actually arguing with people - so including you wouldn't necessarily have been useful advice!  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That guy creeps me out.  

He creeps YOU out????
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:19:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Especially when it comes to the GWOT threads, arguing against Cincinnatus is just going to leave you looking foolish. (Which can be amusing for the rest of us! )

you got that right
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Not really - although FLAL1A posted an absolutely beautiful gem yesterday:

Quoted:

On Biden's behalf, I should point out that he makes my nutsack look handsome; he makes my cock seem thoughtful and modest; and his voice makes the bleat of my puckered bung chanting my alimentary satisfaction with a big bowl of lima beans and rice sound like Pavarotti singing Nessun Dorma on the best night of his life.

Pure genius!

And it's great to see Cincinnatus back and posting again.

But there was no particular thread that spurred this thread.  I'm just glad that we've got people like that in our online community.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:20:10 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
It is interesting to me that after reading many, many posts, it is actually true that a few guys can be counted on to know what they are talking about.  

And a great many more can be counted on to be wrong almost every time.

All senority here does is enable you to know the difference.

Sometimes... if I'm actually paying attention.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#46]
I would say that DK-PROF should be added to that list, but he doesn't like the movie Titanic, and for that I respectfully dissent
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Umm, okay. Im sure they are great guys and all, and Im glad you like them. However, I personally do not care much for giving gratuitous fellatio.

Then again, I don't like geese either.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On Biden's behalf, I should point out that he makes my nutsack look handsome; he makes my cock seem thoughtful and modest; and his voice makes the bleat of my puckered bung chanting my alimentary satisfaction with a big bowl of lima beans and rice sound like Pavarotti singing Nessun Dorma on the best night of his life.

Pure genius!

Thats hilarious!! My wife(quasi-lib, workin on her) even got a good laugh out that one
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Do not argue with DK-Prof, he can get foul! FOWL!

Fixed it, for you!

96Ag
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Shit, tag any thread about Iraq or terrorism that Cincinnatus is a part of.  By page 5 people will be all but calling him a traitor to the republic.

Or threatening to beat him up.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top