Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 11:08:31 PM EDT
I swapped out my Aluminium Stock on my Carbine with an M4 style Stock & now it is fouling the Charging Handle, it all looks identical to my M4gery except the buffer tube length, any ideas why?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck.  And I was all prepared for a econ lesson.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:49:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I love money and things related to the stock market. You got me all hot and bothered for no reason.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:09:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I swapped out my Aluminium Stock on my Carbine with an M4 style Stock & now it is fouling the Charging Handle, it all looks identical to my M4gery except the buffer tube length, any ideas why?

Things are not the same size.  Are you certain that you have parts from a reputable supplier and not an airsoft buffer tube and stock?

Where is the handle contacting the stock or buffer tube?  Does the charging handle "foul" when the stock is extended or only when it is collapsed?

You state that the lengths of the buffer tubes are different.  A rifle tube with a carbine or pistol buffer = big problems.  Same thing with the spring.  Do you have the correct parts for the configuration?

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:18:04 AM EDT
[#4]
The Charger only fouls the plastic when the stock is collapsed, doesn't touch the tube at all, the Stock is from SGC in Bodmin Cornwall, the tubes are different as one is M4 with the slanted end & the other is an XM177 type. Anyway, I've sanded a little off the top of the Stock & it seems fine now, it's not pretty but it works.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:30:13 AM EDT
[#5]

OK.  Flattening the top forward edge of the stock is common.

What type of stock is the aluminum one you mentioned above?

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:51:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Not sure, there are no markings on it at all, it has the acetate coating.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top