Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2007 2:13:27 PM EDT
Right now with all of the stuff that we can own that's marked "Restricted" and"LEO/Gov't ONLY" how is the next AWB (god forbid) going to be able to be enforced?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:15:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:17:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't follow.  Are you asking what they are going to do with the marked items, or what they are going to further restrict.

I hope the SCOTUS ruling is positive for gun owners.

If the wrong people get into office, first it will be the gun owners, then they'll disarm the police.

Pretty soon the only people with guns will be the criminal.

I'm not as paranoid as I seem

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't follow.  Are you asking what they are going to do with the marked items, or what they are going to further restrict.

I hope the SCOTUS ruling is positive for gun owners.

If the wrong people get into office, first it will be the gun owners, then they'll disarm the police.

Pretty soon the only people with guns will be the criminal.

I'm not as paranoid as I seem

Yea how are they going to enforce what we already own? How are cops supposed to know the difference between post post ban and post post post ban?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:19:49 PM EDT
[#5]
If the ban is the same as the last one, I'll bet there will be some requirement for guns t be marked with dates of manufacture.  That will make the current "LEO" guns legal, and ensure we can't buy newer ones.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Right now with all of the stuff that we can own that's marked "Restricted" and"LEO/Gov't ONLY" how is the next AWB (god forbid) going to be able to be enforced?

The way I see it, "we, the people" have the last word on whether or not there is to be yet another AWB.

If it does come down to house to house confiscation Katrina style, I for one sure as hell won't go quietly.

I'm not even sure "they'll" know how the hell to go about it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If the ban is the same as the last one, I'll bet there will be some requirement for guns t be marked with dates of manufacture.  That will make the current "LEO" guns legal, and ensure we can't buy newer ones.

Alright that works, how about magazines?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

They aren't going to repeat their mistakes and pass the same AWB.

Hell, you're from California--how does it work there?  That's more likely how a federal ban would look.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Be about effective as the last one too
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#12]
It will be largely disregarded, like drug laws.

Violators will be raided by SWAT teams at odd hours for years following the ban.  There won't be one big door-to-door.

A "War on Guns" will be fought just like the "War on Drugs".

Hopefully the SC will rule in favor of the obvious and we won't have to worry about this.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They aren't going to repeat their mistakes and pass the same AWB.

Hell, you're from California--how does it work there?  That's more likely how a federal ban would look.

Works pretty much the same as any other state with the exception of fullcap mags.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#15]
"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them -- Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in -- I would have done it." - Sen. Dianne Feinstein FeinSwine
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Alright that works, how about magazines?

Could be the exact same, date codes on the new mags, IF there is a grandfather clause.

They could try to ban possession, or make us register our "pre ban" rifles and mags.

Hopefully they will not succeed.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them -- Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in -- I would have done it." - Sen. Dianne Feinstein FeinSwine

Another useless person from Krapafornia..
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Alot of LEO mags (Glock and HK come to mind)  have the 9-13-94 Restricted date on them.  A new ban would probably just stamp a new date.

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#20]
No Loop holes this time...
No sunset...
They wont drop the ball next time round
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I think IF, big IF, there is another ban, it will be like the California ban. (new rifles would not have detachable mags) No more detachable mags or evil features.
There would be a grandfather clause with some sort of registration and no sunset..they are not going to make the same mistake again....but I really don't think they will be able to get enough support to pass a ban...yet
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:39:34 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm of the opinion that we can prevent it from happening again.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:09:27 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

"Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe."
--U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein Associated Press “Ms. Gun Control,” who holds a rare California concealed weapons permit. 11/18/93
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top