Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2007 9:12:16 AM EDT
 My family is getting me an iPod for Christmas.  I know very little about them.  I was thinking it would be nice to watch videos and stuff while waiting at doctor's appointments ( had a pulmonary embolism not too long ago).  They want to get me the Apple 80G version.  Is this good?  No one in my family has one to ask.  Any good spots to get info?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:15:44 AM EDT
[#2]
80gig is probably the best one. The ipod mini does not have enough room to hold a lot of songs and the screen isnt big enought to watch videos. The ipod touch is too expensive and too small to hold a lot of songs. 160gig is over kill for most people.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I have had many iPods, and they are a *wonderful* product.  I just got the 160GB iPod "Classic" the other day, and am rapidly filling it up.  Unless you archive music, as I do, you will likely have no need for anything over the 80GB, and it will serve you well.  They are easy to use, great sounding machines.  You will like it quite a bit, and you have nice relatives to get one for you!

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Everything you need to know about ipods.

Oh, fuckin' owned!

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
80gig is probably the best one. The ipod mini does not have enough room to hold a lot of songs and the screen isnt big enought to watch videos. The ipod touch is too expensive and too small to hold a lot of songs. 160gig is over kill for most people.

imho 80 gigs are way to much for the average person

id recomend the 30 or 60 but deff an ipod video
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:24:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Pretty sure they dont make the 30 or 60 gigs anymore, only 80 or 120. And since they added the video crap, the 80gig holds about the same as the old 60 gig
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:27:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Everything you need to know about ipods.

This fucking shit has to stop. MODS!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#8]
You wanna watch videos on a Ipod...get the Ipod Touch in 16gig...
Best screen going...plus it has wi fi so you can surf arfcom while in the waiting room
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:43:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Tag because my daughter wants one. I have looked at the ZUNE 30 gig also. Does the IPOD have copy right stuff on it? I have tons of music that I downloaded but I was told IPOD/ZUNE will not play it.

Do you have to buy all the music from IPOD? Can you buy from Napster/Yahoo,etc? Is the ZUNE as good as the IPOD nano. I have seen a 30 gig Zune for the same price as the 8 gig Apple?

SO if anyone can big me up to speed on the whole process of how to get the music/buy it, whatever you do. I have a generic Iriver that I just plug in and drag songs to it,It does not care where the tunes came from.

Sorry for the high jack, but I need to know also.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Tag because my daughter wants one. I have looked at the ZUNE 30 gig also. Does the IPOD have copy right stuff on it? I have tons of music that I downloaded but I was told IPOD/ZUNE will not play it.

Do you have to buy all the music from IPOD? Can you buy from Napster/Yahoo,etc? Is the ZUNE as good as the IPOD nano. I have seen a 30 gig Zune for the same price as the 8 gig Apple?

SO if anyone can big me up to speed on the whole process of how to get the music/buy it, whatever you do. I have a generic Iriver that I just plug in and drag songs to it,It does not care where the tunes came from.

Sorry for the high jack, but I need to know also.

Download it from limewire or other peer to peer sharing services for free
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#11]
See this thread for some good info - (not a RR thread...)
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=645133

I have a 80G iPod Classic and think it's great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top