Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2007 8:59:09 AM EDT
Sunday, December 02, 2007

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows the race for the Republican Presidential Nomination is getting more and more competitive. Rudy Giuliani continues to lead nationwide with 22% support, but his lead is shrinking. Surging Mike Huckabee now attracts 17% of Likely Republican Primary Voters nationwide. Fred Thompson and John McCain each earn 14% while Mitt Romney is close behind at 11%. Ron Paul attracts 6% of Likely Republican Primary voters nationwide and no other Republican candidate reaches 2%

------------------

I still think Romney will get the nomination

eta - unfortunately, Fred is dropping just as fast (if not faster)

www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2008__1/daily_presidential_tracking_polling_history
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I am not surprised that the further we get into the race and the more people learn more about Guiliani, the more they realize he is NOT a Republican.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not even surprised that Huckabee is doing well... while I'm not a big fan of his, Southern Governors have a habit of winning elections (Bush the Younger, Clinton, Carter...)  

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Huckabee seems to be the guy who has made the biggest surge since this thing kicked off. He went from being a relative unknown to a real contender apparently.

Yet I don't know Jack Schitt about the guy. He's one of the few on the list I don't know much about. Where does he stand on the issues important to arfcommers?

Guns?
The Military and the GWOT?
Illegal Immigration?

Fred Thompson is still the guy I want. And he may end up with the nomination. It's still very early. But in the end, I want someone more conservative and with a more conservative voting record than Romney or Guiliani. If Huckabee turns out to be the guy on the list who can compete with and beat Romney and Guiliani, would he be a significantly better choice?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Though I'd prefer Thompson, he has the charisma of a cold fish.  Huckabee has charisma.

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Though I'd prefer Thompson, he has the charisma of a cold fish.  Huckabee has charisma.

The problem with Huckabee (besides loving big government) is that he has no money, and would be going up against a Dem with a huge bankroll.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#6]
But if the Huckster wins the nomination, wouldn't all that republican money pretty much flow his direction?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Isn't Huckabee a creationist?

- BG
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:18:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Huckabee seems to be the guy who has made the biggest surge since this thing kicked off. He went from being a relative unknown to a real contender apparently.

Yet I don't know Jack Schitt about the guy. He's one of the few on the list I don't know much about. Where does he stand on the issues important to arfcommers?

Guns?
Illegal Immigration?

Fred Thompson is still the guy I want. And he may end up with the nomination. It's still very early. But in the end, I want someone more conservative and with a more conservative voting record than Romney or Guiliani. If Huckabee turns out to be the guy on the list who can compete with and beat Romney and Guiliani, would he be a significantly better choice?

Huckabee is A+ on guns (and he's not just a poser).
Military and GWOT is a ? but he's probably OK
He's an F on illegal immigration.

Fred's still my man but Huckabee would be better than anyone else except for the illegal immigration part.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#9]
These polls are BS. I have a hard time believing Mike Huckabee is at 17%.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Huck - Thompson ticket? better then gulliani - romney ticket....
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
But if the Huckster wins the nomination, wouldn't all that republican money pretty much flow his direction?

of what is raised as of now?  not sure, I don't see Romney sharing any of his own money, I doubt Paul would either.  

You also have to consider Huckabees' ability to raise future money, his current abilities cast doubt.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:21:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Huck - Thompson ticket? better then gulliani - romney ticket....

The ticket will be Romney - Huckabee, guaranteed.

Quoted:
These polls are BS. I have a hard time believing Mike Huckabee is at 17%.

I doubt they're rigged, but it is important to note that early state polls are far more important than national polls.  This is where Romney is winning.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:24:05 AM EDT
[#13]
The Ron Paul campaign is getting bigtime recognition on the internet & behind the scenes.  He just did a great interview with Blitzer who now is warming up to Paul.

Ron Paul is getting Dangerous & the Establishment knows it

He needs a security detail the likes of which Rudy could only dream about when he was cheating on his wife

luckypunks Iowa Primary prediction:

Ron Paul 33%
any other candidate < 20%

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I am not surprised that the further we get into the race and the more people learn more about Guiliani, the more they realize he is NOT a Republican.

He doesn't have an upper lip either!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't for sure how much mayors actually make and set policy and change the constitution and set federal madates and laws but damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn little mayor rudy has done so much for his country....... just another dictator wannabe in my book... But I did watch the debate and I was suprised of how much power a mayor has over the POTUS, I really always thought it was the other way around but I was wrong.......
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:26:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The Ron Paul campaign is getting bigtime recognition on the internet & behind the scenes.  He just did a great interview with Blitzer who now is warming up to Paul.

He needs a security detail the likes of which Rudy could only dream about when he was cheating on his wife

Ron Paul 33%

Ronbots always make me lol...
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Unfortunately, Hitlery would beat Huckabee like a drum. The Left and the Middle would line up behind her like a bunch of lemmings. This is not the time for a president who is a Baptist minister.

Aside from that, we will not have a president named "Huckabee."  

Go Fred Go!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Ron Paul 33%

It's the Iowa CAUCUS Ronbot!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He doesn't have an upper lip either!

I've noticed that too!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#20]
I get the feeling Fred will go away soon.  As far as Gulianis #s being down, I guess that means there is hope.  Huckabee will be the vice president candidate I think, but the question is for who.

They should boot Tancredo and Hunter from any future debates (IMO) so as to allow for real candidates more time to seperate or shoot themselves in the foot.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#21]
More people would vote for Edwards than Thompson...   wow
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Rush says Fred is the only true conservative in the GOP race. The rest are moderates. I think he's hoping to win SC, which will give him a little momentum.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Guns?
Illegal Immigration?

Try this: The Conservative Case For -- And Against -- Mike Huckabee

So, if you're someone who thinks, "If George Bush could learn to talk a little better, I'd love to have him around for a third term because of his domestic policies," Mike Huckabee is your guy.

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Sorry Iowa CAUCUS...same results.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Sorry Iowa CAUCUS...same results.

I'll let it go this time.  Mostly because I'm afraid that if I don't I'll have a huge mob of Ronbots, wearing tinfoil hats, standing in my front yard when I wake up in the morning.  Scary stuff!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:58:58 AM EDT
[#26]
<tinfoil>Huckabee was a third tier candidate until he was invited to address the CFR Sept. 28, suddenly he leap-frogs to 17% and is still surging.</tinfoil>

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#27]
RON PAUL WILL WIN TEH NOMINATION!!!!

seriously, I don't really trust Huckabee because of all the Arkansasans that say he has only raised taxes and done nothing for the 2a.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top