Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 8:48:38 AM EDT
I am going with LSU and OU.

tOSU lost to the only decent opponent they played as did Kansas.  LSU lost to some bad teams but lost in overtime.  OU lost to some bad teams but is the only team considered that beat a number 1.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTL and
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:53:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Southern Illinois University
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:54:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I just want to see another SEC team pound the shit out of OSU.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:56:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
IBTL and

Why the IBTL?

Oh, just noticed you were in Ohio.  No need to explain further.  KU has just as much right to be playing as OSU does.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Ummmmmmm #3 Vs #4?

LSU is a two loss team
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Okay - my choices are Vanderbilt and Hawaii

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:00:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTL and

Why the IBTL?

Oh, just noticed you were in Ohio.  No need to explain further.  KU has just as much right to be playing as OSU does.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=645807

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=125&t=645788
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:01:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay - my choices are Vanderbilt and Hawaii

Good choices...
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Notre Dame vs Michigan

Hands down the two best teams in the country.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#10]
OU and OSU
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:06:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
IBTL and

Thanks for your valuable contribution to this thread.

LSU & USC
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:12:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Whoever wins in the playoffs.

Damn, wait...
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#13]
#1 and #2 natch.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Woot!

My first thread with a reply by Subnet!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:17:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Notre Dame vs Michigan

Hands down the two best teams in the country.

LOL.

Sad thing is some people probably really think that.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Woot!

My first thread with a reply by Subnet!

Uh...congrats?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#17]
I think the 3 best teams in the country RIGHT NOW may be Georgia, Oklahoma and USC.

But common wisdom says it'll be Ohio State and LSU.

This is why we need a playoff. We need to get rid of computer shit, trying to juggle wins/losses, comparing conferences and using human bias. Start a damn playoff and the top 8 or 10 teams go at it and PROVE ON THE FIELD who's actually best.

This is the one area where college basketball is vastly superior to college football. Just because you lose a few games in college basketball doesn't mean you'll automatically be shut out of a chance to go for the title.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I think the 3 best teams in the country RIGHT NOW may be Georgia, Oklahoma and USC.

But common wisdom says it'll be Ohio State and LSU.

This is why we need a playoff. We need to get rid of computer shit, trying to juggle wins/losses, comparing conferences and using human bias. Start a damn playoff and the top 8 or 10 teams go at it and PROVE ON THE FIELD who's actually best.

This is the one area where college basketball is vastly superior to college football. Just because you lose a few games in college basketball doesn't mean you'll automatically be shut out of a chance to go for the title.

Yep.  

Time to pound the BSC organization with emails telling them how their "system" has ZERO chance of proving who the real #1 is this year.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Oklahoma, I remember them from last year

I would put Oklahoma against LSU or OSU against LSU.  The reason is that fans of these teams will have heart attacks if USC is allowed to play for #1.  USC has the Rose Bowl and they at least realize there is no clear cut #1, #2, #3, #4 and after that it's just a cluster-fuck.  

Whoever doesn't play LSU, either Oklahoma or Ohio State should have to play Hawaii in the Hula Bowl.  It's only fair that Hawaii gets the same chance that Boise State did against Oklahoma last year.

ETA I proposed a top 10 play-off where the top 6 get automatic berths and the 7-10 playoff for the wild cards.  A winner out of the top 10 is enough.  Stretching it to the top 16 in football is unnecessary.  9 games for my system, 15 for the 16 game system
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Time to pound the BSC organization with emails telling them how their "system" has ZERO chance of proving who the real #1 is this year.  

You mistakenly assume that the purpose of the BCS is to "prove who the real #1 is".
Sorry, it's not, it's to make buttloads of cash for ABC, ESPN, the NCAA, and the athletic departments of various NCAA schools.

- CD
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#21]
missouri and west virginia,, you know they are the 2 toughest beatrches out there,,,hahahahahahahah just shows how much the BCS polls actually suck at keeping track of stuff,,,,just because they didnt lose more than 2 games up till now sure as the hell doesn't make them great teams,,,, the SEC has the toughest schedule of all the schools and the nation knows it but however in this kinder and gentler football poll era we have to show our concern and support for the lower schools and give them a confidence boost by allowing them to have shittyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy teams in the top 10 BCS polls........................ just to make them feel better about themselves so just maybe maybe they won't graduate coolege and wotk at the local bumb pitstop..I may have to stop watching college football like I did pro football.................. even though I still repsect college players more than pro's because they still have heart for the game........
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#22]
LSU v. OSU, it's already decided, just look here  Get yer tickets...!!!!

ETA USC's record against SEC teams is 16-10.  Wonder what LSU's record is against Pac-10 or even Big Ten?  ....all time, not just the last 10 years.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Ummmmmmm #3 Vs #4?

LSU is a two loss team

Ohio State plays one less game than LSU (Pansy ass Big 10 has no conference championship game), Kansas didn't even go to the Big 12 Championship game, or win their division, so that's why they won't go, and Hawaii is not even on par with Ohio State, much less LSU.  LSU beat Virginia Tach badly, so VA Tech doesn't go...I could go on, but why?  LSU has the strength of schedule, beat more ranked teams, plays in the toughest conference, and won their conference title game.  It'll be LSU and probably OSU, although OU is probably just as deserving as OSU.  LSU already dismantled OU in '03, so that means it'll probably end up being OSU.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:33:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:08:05 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Whoever wins in the playoffs.

Damn, wait...

Bingo.  A true meritocracy.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm in the middle of a game on NCAA '07 and the score is 304-0 with like 5 minutes left in the third quarter
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:52:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Should be Hawaii vs the winner of an Ohio State vs Kansas playoff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top