Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 2:59:07 PM EDT
My account got hacked on Myspace and now I get 10 fucking spam e-mails a day.

Does Office outlook have a spam filter I am missing, or is there a free spam blocker I can download somewheres on teh intartubes?

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Tools>Options>Preferences>Junk E-Mail, and have at it!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Tools>Options>Preferences>Junk E-Mail, and have at it!

But they send from different address every time, so every time I block one, the others just come right through..

Is there a filter I can use?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#3]
You could setup a rule to automatically delete messages with certain subjects, but even that won't be perfect. Spam-catching can be a MAJOR pain in the ass. If your provider isn't doing it, there are various downloads for Outlook that in theory will do it for you, but I don't know anything about them. Probably just get you more spam...(ETA: Though Norton and AVG and other full 'protection suites' generally have some sort of spam filtering function.)

Or just get a Google account, and stop worrying about it!

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You could setup a rule to automatically delete messages with certain subjects, but even that won't be perfect. Spam-catching can be a MAJOR pain in the ass. If your provider isn't doing it, there are various downloads for Outlook that in theory will do it for you, but I don't know anything about them. Probably just get you more spam...(ETA: Though Norton and AVG and other full 'protection suites' generally have some sort of spam filtering function.)

Or just get a Google account, and stop worrying about it!

Will time warner help if they are aware of the problem?

I dont really want to change my email address.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Nobody on this board has spam blocker on their email?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nobody on this board has spam blocker on their email?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:16:44 PM EDT
[#8]
My school email has Barracuda Networks spam filter, which actually works pretty good. My other account is gmail, which has it built in. Sorry.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My school email has Barracuda Networks spam filter, which actually works pretty good. My other account is gmail, which has it built in. Sorry.

Barracuda isnt free is it?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Barracuda isnt free is it?

No, it's actually hardware based (and somewhat expensive at that). However, it does seem to work good (at least for my account).
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Spamfighter.com
It's free and works well, there is a constanly updated data base it builds upon, I really like it on OE.
Has Never blocked legit messages.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top