Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2007 1:15:47 PM EDT
I just got back from the liquor store with my Christmas gifts for a few friends.  This store had the packages with glassware and bottle for the same price as a lone bottle.  I picked up two boxes of Crown, one JD, one Chivas 12, one Forty Creek and one Wild Turkey Rare Breed.

So how is the Forty Creek, Wild Turkey Rare Breed and the Chivas 12?  Decent stuff?

Any other recommendations?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#1]
the turkey is good, all i drink is 101.  any of the higher priced bourbons are good.  just stay away from fighting cock.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I like most Bourbon, more so when it is given to me.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed is good have not had the others.

Quoted:
the turkey is good, all i drink is 101.  any of the higher priced bourbons are good.  just stay away from fighting cock.

That is a great bottle to have in your collection.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#3]
fighting cock?

I've never heard of that, but it sounds like one to put on the counter!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Chivas is some greaaaaat shit.  I bet you'll like that one the most.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope so, but noticed the 12 is blended... I guess I'll find out shortly.

I'm only giving 3 away.  One friend loves Crown, one likes the Forty Creek, and I'll probably give a Crown to my cousin, or Special Reserve Crown as he is a fan of that.  I think me and a friend will "sample" the crown tonight, though I'm not too wild on it.  The Special Reserve is worthless IMO, but it seems like there are Crown followers that would buy if it was shit-flavored.

I know the next trip will included some Gentleman Jack (never had it, and its only $2 more) along with some Glenfiddich something or other.  I really like these box sets!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#6]
As far as bourbons are concerned I think Eagle rare 10 yr oldis quality at a good price(22.99)  Ive also had pappy van winkle 20 yr old very nice but pricey ($80).

Wild turkey rare breed Is also good ,probably better than their russels reserve.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top