Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2007 1:14:47 PM EDT
Pair of A-10s fly by overhead (only saw them for a brief moment, but you could tell before they went by that it wasn't a normal jet coming...).

Made my day.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:15:37 PM EDT
[#1]
COOL
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Where are the pics?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#3]
You can always hear them coming by the whistling of the engines.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#4]
When I was doing civilian contract work at Ft. Hood, I would stop to watch them fly around.  It's amazing what they can do.  I would also stop to watch the B-52's, Apaches and M1's, but the A-10's were my favorite.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Had two fly over Jax a few weeks ago while I was walking to my car at work to go to lunch, didn't have my camera with me though, very cool to see.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Worked at Peas Intl. Tradeport this summer on a new hanger and they had KC-130s and A-10s landing almost daily. Coolest thing was watching the Sea-Hawks land and take off in formation.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I see them sometimes out of Kirtland AFB. Agile suckers!

Ugly as sin, but I bet there're a lot of ground pounders who think they are the prettiest thing flying!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I lived a Fort Indiantown Gap, PA about 15 years ago. While I was there several Air Guard A10 Squadrons used a Range directly behind the Post to practice strafing runs. No matter how many times I have watched them practice, I am always in awe of the sound of the gun on that plane when it fires.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#9]
      We have several around here (ct). I should know but I believe the Ct Guard has them.
      Several did a couple of laps in a fly over this week for the services of ex govenor O Neil.
     Last Memorial day several did a fly over for our local parade. Don't know what the regs are for heigth and such but I have to believe they were at least bent all to hell
     They are very cool .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top