Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2007 1:19:03 PM EDT
I was looking at getting a pair for a gift.

I have never owned a pair, so was looking for some feedback from the hive.

like these

here
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#1]
SFC Rich, my MS1 Instructor wears them. I have to assume they are a good boot, he isnt the kind to put up with shit.  thats all I know, Sorry.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I love mine...good boot...great soles....strong...I have the composite toe ones..comfortable
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I had them, bought through department uniform allowance. Had the composite toe cap. They were comfortable at first, but within a month or so began to hurt my feet,heels.

Switched back to my previous boots style (ordered a new pair) of the AirTac Ridge 8" zipper....foot pain gone.

Speaking for me only....I did not like them, and I was the one who got them on the order list in the first place.

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#4]
thanx for the replies..
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
man them things gave me the worst blisters till my heels were as tough as leather. but after that they were fine and pretty durable.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a few pair had had one pair at least 3 years very comfortable to me I recommended them to a few other guys at the station & have not heard a complaint.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome in the Sandbox, I just don't like the way they look.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#8]
any one know if they run big or small?

close to your normal boot size?

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:50:57 PM EDT
[#9]
A couple cops here in town swear by them!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
any one know if they run big or small?

close to your normal boot size?

I would like to know too. Like a comparable size to a Timberland boot?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#11]
No personal experience, but one of my co-workers got a pair and he can't stand them.  According to him, they're stiff, don't break in well, and aren't near the boot Danners or 5.11s are.  I've had 5.11 HRTs and ATACs, Danners and Rockys.  I'll be getting 5.11s from now on.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Poke Here

Got mine from these guys

& they run a 1/2 size large, so order a 1/2 size small if I remember right.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I won't put it in caps, but  make sure they're the ones that are made in AMERICA!!!  The ones that are Chinese made suck.  The sides on mine blew out after six months of hard use and my Lt's did same two months after mine.  I took both pair back and learned that lots of people were having problems w/ them.  That's when he handed me a pair and told me these were made here instead of overseas.  Other than that, they're pretty comfortable.  Also, mine were the black ones and not the desert ones BTW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top