Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/28/2007 1:37:38 PM EDT
A very worthy cause that needs help.  Hopefully you'll agree.  I've already donated a good bit of ammo and will be donating my time and a few of my rifles for the upcoming "fun shoots!"

Please help these soldiers if you can, even if it's just a box of ammo or a few bucks.  A little bit can go a long way!

LINK-Paralyzed Veterans of America Range Days

Abbreviated paste from link above:

Once a quarter I bring out many of my rifles and handguns to support the below “fun shoots” for our returning troops being treated at Brooks Army Medical Center, and our local Veterans Administration Hospital.

In the past, Paralyzed Veterans of America has begged for donations or just used their own meager funds to get ammunition to use in the firearms that volunteers bring. During each shoot we end up going through about $1200.00 worth of ammunition. Their blanket letter of endorsement is below.

I’ve dipped into my stockpile, and donated countless rounds, but now my stockpile is dwindling. I usually bring about 20 firearms to these events and it’s a very rewarding experience, and sobering at the same time, watching these brave men, actually having fun after traumatic injuries.

Young64 a member of our forum has also volunteered his time when his Navigator Schooling doesn’t get in the way.

If you would like to help out, below is a list of calibers commonly used, my mailing address is down at end.

Here is a list of calibers that we currently have a need for:

Rifle:
.223 *
.308 *
30-06 *
7.62x39 *
7.62x51 NATO
22-250 *
.243 *
6.5x55 Swede
7.5x55 Swiss
7.62x54R
.303 British
8mm Mauser

Handgun:
.25 ACP
.32 ACP
7.62x25
9mm Luger *
9mm Makarov
.40 SW *
.45 ACP *
.50 AE (they love the kick) *
500 S&W (they love the kick) *

Shotgun for Clays:

12 Guage *
20 Guage *
Clays *

The items with the * are the calibers they try to use their funds for (when they can't get a local retailer to donate), the rest come from members stockpiles. Any help, including common calibers is welcome.

Here is a link and text from a recent news article:

San Antonio News Coverage of the last "fun shoot"

Injured vets reclaim piece of former lives
Web Posted: 10/26/2007 10:20 PM CDT
Vincent T. Davis
Express-News

In the shade of the Bracken Shooting Range, a group of men and women regularly reacquaint themselves with a piece of their old lives.

They occupy 20 stations, firing pistols, rifles and shotguns with the help of those who understand where they've been.

"You want to shoot that 50 cal, bro?" Marco De La Rosa asks Army Staff Sgt. Chris Pettway on his third visit to the range.
After a bit of egging, the Alabama native agrees to shoot the pistol that only a few dare to try because of its recoil. Taped to the targets are black-and-white photographs of Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden.

"That's right! You're from Alabama, I'll hook you up!" De La Rosa jokes, rolling his wheelchair to set up the weapon. A Marine veteran, De La Rosa was paralyzed from the waist down while trying to stop a video store robbery 14 years ago near Camp Pendleton, Calif.

Pettway, a double amputee, walks to the station on lithium-ion prosthetic "C-Legs." He raises the 3-pound semiautomatic, called "Desert Eagle" by its manufacturer and those familiar with it, aims and fires. The shots form a tight group, with four bullets blasting a hole in Saddam's mouth.

Bystanders howl, applauding his accuracy. Pettway, 36, smiles and shakes his head.

One of several volunteers with the Texas Chapter of Paralyzed Veterans of America, De La Rosa works with vets, showing them how others who have been wounded have overcome their physical limitations.

The chapter has sponsored the recreational shooting program for those wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan since October 2004.

The injuries of participants range from basic nerve damage to full body paralysis.

Veterans Administration and Army therapists, volunteers, and family members join the wounded service members in the quarterly trips to the firing range, 2 miles north of Loop1604.

Member and founder David Bradshaw suggested the idea of the outing after a few members said they wished they could go hunting the way they did before their accidents.

"These young guys have had their life ripped away," Bradshaw said. "One day they're very active and then they wake up handicapped and live the rest of their life without parts of their body and they think life is over. We get them out there with people who have the same injuries and show them that life goes on."

VA recreation therapist Jose Laguna and Heather Soto from the Community Reintegration program at the Center for the Intrepid work closely with the service members to ensure they are physically and mentally prepared for the outings.
"It's a huge part of therapy to show them they're going to be able to do everything they did before," Soto said, watching her clients fire weapons. "They're their own best motivators."

Between 30 and 40 service members regularly register for the firing range trips, where weapons are modified to accommodate physical limitations.

Garland Jennings, 59, who has multiple sclerosis and muscular dystrophy, sipped on a straw that sets off a vacuum switch that fires a weapon at the range.

Another weapon, powered by a 12-volt battery, can fire when veterans place their chin in a cup that moves a joystick up or down or side to side.

"It's like freedom," said his wife, Jayne Jennings, watching a volunteer prepare the weapon. "He's independent with that set-up."

Later, standing with other wounded men, Spc. Michael Dunn, 23, fired a .22-250 caliber rifle. "That weapon is just amazing," he said afterward. "It feels good to smell gunpowder again."

Contact info, pics, video, etc... in the link up top.

Thanks for reading!  
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Email inbound to him.  I want to help.

Bob (DAV)
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Tagging this to show up in my active topics.  I will definately be helping out the DAV, I always do.  

May G-d bless our Veterans!

Link Posted: 11/28/2007 10:58:23 PM EDT
[#4]
For Your Viewing Pleasure.
space reserved for later post.
To all who are already involved in helping our wounded brothers You are just as much the reason we are a great country as those who have bled to protect it.
sw1217
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 5:00:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Tag for when I get home.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:26:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#7]
OP,

MANY GOOD PEOPLE HERE WHO WILL GIVE.

HOWEVER, MANY OF US ARE LAZY SHITS* SO YOU GOTTA MAKE IT 'EASY' !!  GET A PAYPAL ACCOUNT OPEN.  (PLEASE)

YOUR CAUSE IS MORE THAN WORTHY.  NOW GET THE BEST (EASIEST) METHOD AVAILABLE FOR US TO USE AND WE WILL HELP.

ASK SHOTAR AND POOBY WHAT PERCENTAGE OF THE MONEY CAME THROUGH PAYPAL DURING THEIR CHEESECAKE RAFFLE.  (I'LL BET 80%.)

5SUB

*Well, I mighta been referring to just me............
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#8]
A little update, all ammo is appreciated!  We are still a little light on pistol calibers .40 SW, .45ACP, 50AE and 500SW for the Dec 14th shoot.  

With the influx of donations we should now be able to hold the shoots more frequently, and keep them going as long as donations keep coming in.

For those who missed the original thread, we hold the shoots quarterly, because just didn't have the bucks for ammo.  With the new influx of ammo every 2 months might be a reality.

It has been asked if there was a paypal set up for donations, I am checking with the PVA to make sure it's ok according to their guidelines.
Otherwise, here are proven methods in which donations can be given:

By ammo from an online vendor (AIM, Ammo man etc.) and have the shipping address sent to me.

Gift Card to Sportsman’s Warehouse, Cabelas, Bass Pro shops, even Walmart since they still sell ammo here.

Money order made out to me or David Bradshaw, earmarked for “Fun Shoot” supplies and ammo.

Ship your own ammo.

Thanks again for the support!

Ed Hoffer
6303 Green Circle Drive
San Antonio, TX 78233
(210) 967-5850

[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like a good cause to me. I'll try to kick in what I can when I can. I'm a little overextended right now with supporting care package efforts for several units, so I won't be able to do as much as I'd like to. But I'm sure I can spare enough cash to get these guys a few boxes of 9mm or .223 ammo every month for as long as this goes on.

BTW, I'll dig around here and see what ammo I may already have that I can donate. I know I have ammo for several kinds of weapons I don't even own. It ain't doing me any good. But I don't know diddly squat about shipping ammo. So I'll have to read up on all the details of that process.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sounds like a good cause to me. I'll try to kick in what I can when I can. I'm a little overextended right now with supporting care package efforts for several units, so I won't be able to do as much as I'd like to. But I'm sure I can spare enough cash to get these guys a few boxes of 9mm or .223 ammo every month for as long as this goes on.

BTW, I'll dig around here and see what ammo I may already have that I can donate. I know I have ammo for several kinds of weapons I don't even own. It ain't doing me any good. But I don't know diddly squat about shipping ammo. So I'll have to read up on all the details of that process.

You are a good man C_H.

5sub
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
A little update, all ammo is appreciated!  We are still a little light on pistol calibers .40 SW, .45ACP, 50AE and 500SW for the Dec 14th shoot.  

With the influx of donations we should now be able to hold the shoots more frequently, and keep them going as long as donations keep coming in.

For those who missed the original thread, we hold the shoots quarterly, because just didn't have the bucks for ammo.  With the new influx of ammo every 2 months might be a reality.

It has been asked if there was a paypal set up for donations, I am checking with the PVA to make sure it's ok according to their guidelines.

Otherwise, here are proven methods in which donations can be given:

By ammo from an online vendor (AIM, Ammo man etc.) and have the shipping address sent to me.

Gift Card to Sportsman’s Warehouse, Cabelas, Bass Pro shops, even Walmart since they still sell ammo here.

Money order made out to me or David Bradshaw, earmarked for “Fun Shoot” supplies and ammo.

Ship your own ammo.

Thanks again for the support!

Ed Hoffer
6303 Green Circle Drive
San Antonio, TX 78233
(210) 967-5850

[email protected]

Ed,

Please believe that I'm trying to help and not bust your chops.

My guess was that 80% of the money raised for the Cheesecake deal was through PayPal.  shotar came along corrected my guess to the actual 95%.  It's just the best (read easiest) way to get money from one person to another.  Also, there is a clean audit trail.

Tom
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Indeed:

I think we only had to go back and correct 4 out of over 150 to ensure they were properly credited and when we did, Paypal made it easy to locate and verify with an email address.

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:28:40 AM EDT
[#15]
GREAT NEWS!

A lot of members have asked if they could use PAYPAL to donate to the Fun Shoot. The local chapter of the Paralyzed Veterans of America has given the ok for me to use my Paypal account. So as of know, paypal is accepted.

I ask that in the comments field you state "PVA Fun For Veterans"

The information for my paypal account is Edward Hoffer [email protected]

Please follow it up with an email to me on who your are, address, and how much you doated, and what forum prompted the donation.

Be assured that all funds coming into this account will be used for ammunition, and shooting supplies (ear plugs, shooting glasses, target fees when needed) and equipment need for the more severly injured so that they can enjoy the shoot.

Right now, looks like we need shotgun and pistol ammo, so thats what the funds will be used for.

Thank you all... Give what you can!

Ed Hoffer
6303 Green Circle Drive
San Antonio, TX 78233
(210) 967-5850

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#16]
GREAT NEWS! PAYPAL NOW ACCEPTED

A lot of members have asked if they could use PAYPAL to donate to the Fun Shoot. The local chapter of the Paralyzed Veterans of America has given the ok for me to use my Paypal account. So as of know, paypal is accepted.

Please follow it up with an email to me on who your are, address, and how much you doated, and what forum prompted the donation.

Be assured that all funds coming into this account will be used for ammunition, and shooting supplies (ear plugs, shooting glasses, target fees when needed) and equipment need for the more severly injured so that they can enjoy the shoot.

Right now, looks like we need shotgun and pistol ammo, so thats what the funds will be used for.

Ed Hoffer
6303 Green Circle Drive
San Antonio, TX 78233
(210) 967-5850
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#17]
sorry about the double post
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Ed Hoffer
6303 Green Circle Drive
San Antonio, TX 78233
(210) 967-5850

Ed,

I just moved to re-load my PayPal account and will give soon as the money gets there.

Ed, is this a continuing effort you folks have going or just a one-time push ??

Tom
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#19]
It is a continuing push..  when this event gets over we get ready for February one...  we keep going till we run out of money or ammo.

Ed
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:40:30 AM EDT
[#20]
As the shoot draws near, a final plea for funds or ammo in the pistol calibers and shot gun calibers.

.40 SW
.45 ACP
9mm Makarov
50 AE
500 S&W

20 Guage
12 Guage

This is locally run, having the PVA umbrella just allows us to purchase ammo locally tax free and at a discount.  I can account for every round and every dollar that members have contributed.  The more money we don't have to get from the PVA, the more money they can dedicate to buying the intricate shooting set ups that the paralyzed members need to enjoy this fun sport.

I know the holidays are upon us, and money is tight.  Give what you can, if you can't right now that's ok, the next shoot will be in February.

Thanks for your support in this endeavor!

Ed Hoffer
6303 Green Circle Drive
San Antonio, TX  78233
(210) 967-5850
[email protected]   (for email and paypal)
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:38:20 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ed Hoffer
6303 Green Circle Drive
San Antonio, TX 78233
(210) 967-5850

Ed,

I just moved to re-load my PayPal account and will give soon as the money gets there.

Tom

Edward Hoffer [email protected]

Please follow it up with an email to me on who your are, address, and how much you doated, and what forum prompted the donation

Though you say "forum", I'm guessing you mean site so I'll put in AR15.com.

5sub
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:50:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ed Hoffer
6303 Green Circle Drive
San Antonio, TX 78233
(210) 967-5850

Ed,

Tom

Edward Hoffer [email protected]

Please follow it up with an email to me on who your are, address, and how much you doated, and what forum prompted the donation

Though you say "forum", I'm guessing you mean site so I'll put in AR15.com.

5sub

Ed,

my small gift has been sent.  Would that I could do more for these fine people.  At least I can and will be a faithful monthly contributor.

5sub

As requested, email will follow.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#23]
WOW Thank you very much.

As we were light on handgun ammo, that what it will be used for.

Again thanks!!

If this keeps up we will be able to hold the shoots every two months versus three.

Ed
Link Posted: 12/14/2007 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#24]
We had a BLAST. About 30+ patients who and family and from other facilities participate in the shoot.

The oohs and ahhh as they got to fire a REAL Garand, some pristine mausers, Mosin Nagants, M1a'S. K31, Finn's, FAL and lots of AR and ak's/

They had a bast on the pistol and shotguns lines as wlll. Firing tokarov pistosl, Makarov (bulgy and C82, and the SW 500 went thouh 100 rounds.

Many thanks to the volunteers who helped clean weapons, carried boxes and boxes of ammunition.

It was WAY worth to see their smileson on the troops and we used a 22 for severe burn cases and the led slead (that was donated)

All the funds sent in were spend on pistol and shotgun ammo so it was a well rounded blinding SUCCESS!!!

As soon as I reinventory what went down range, will start ginning up interest for the next fun shoot whiich is tentatively set for Mar/Apr.

Again, thanks to those who donated, volunteered their valuable time and made it a fun time for all. It was a very good cause.

Ed
Link Posted: 12/14/2007 4:18:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for the AAR, Glad fun was had by all.
sw1217.
Link Posted: 12/17/2007 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks to all who donated and/or volunteered!  'twas a great day!

Proud to have been a part of it!  Looking forward to the next one!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2007 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#27]
peskador,
You and Ed rock!
Thank You for giving us the oportunity to take part.
sw1217
Link Posted: 12/17/2007 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks, right back at ya'!  I'm really just an innocent bystander who saw fit to help how I could with a donation of ammo, my time, my guns, and by taking the opportunity to spread the word wherever I could.  Ed Hoffer is really "the man" that has put his "all" into it thus far.

I will continue to back this cause whenever, wherever, and however I can.  Hopefully with time and word of mouth, this program will really "take off"!

I can't tell you how good it was to see the smiles on those soldiers' faces!
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Here is the promised update on current needs, and information on the next FUN SHOOT.  It’s lengthy but hopefully it addresses all concerns.

To those who have volunteered their valued ammunition, money and time in the past a heartfelt resounding THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

The next FUN SHOOT is tentatively set for 22 or 29 February (A Friday), as normal the gates open at noon.

Any and all donations are welcome whether it be ammunition, money, or just support.  Below are the current needs ammunition wise to ensure a quality February Fun Shoot, the other calibers we have enough for a few (2-3)  fun shoots depending on what donor firearms are brought.  Shipping and monetary donation information is at the bottom.

Pistol Ammunition:

.25 ACP
.32 ACP
.357 Mag
9mm Luger
9mm Makarov
.45 ACP
.50 AE  (They love this round, but it’s pricey ammo)
500 S&W (They love this round, but it’s pricey ammo)

Rifle Ammunition:

30.06 Commercial
6.5x55 Swedish
7.5x55 Swiss
7.62x39
300 WSM

For Skeet:

20 Gauge
12 Gauge

For those who can come, and volunteer themselves and their firearms, the following we have ammunition for (please let me know what you are bring so I can bring the ammo):

MILSURP/Commercial Rifles that shoot:

5.56 NATO
7.62 NATO
7.62x54R
7.62x39
30.06 M2 BALL  (Garands, 1917, 1903’s)
7.5 Swiss
6.5 Swedish
8mm Mauser

Commercial Rifles that shoot:

7mm Rem Mag

Shotguns suitable for Skeet:

20 Gauge
12 Gauge

Pistols that shoot:  

.25 ACP
.32 ACP
7.62x25 Tokarev
38 Special
.357 Mag
9mm Luger
9mm Makarov
40 S&W
.45 ACP
.50 AE
500 S&W

Shipping Mailing address:

Ed Hoffer
6303 Green Circle Drive
San Antonio, TX  78233-3902

Home Phone:  (210) 967-5850

Email:  [email protected]

Monetary Donations can be just about anything to include:

PayPal is accepted at [email protected]
Gift Cards to Sportsman’s Warehouse, Cabelas, Bass Pro shops, WalMart
(we prefer Sportsman’s Warehouse, because they donate as well, and apply a discount to what is purchased)

Monetary Donations are used for Ammunition Purchases, shooting supplies, and special need equipment for disabled/paralyzed shooters.  How you desire the funds be used can be stipulated.  If you prefer to just donate to the Texas Chapter of the Paralyzed Veterans of American  shoot me an email and I’ll tell you how.

The TPVA does send out thank you letters, which can be used for tax purposes if you so desire; if you donate please make sure I get your name and address for this purpose.

Thanks again for your support, and to the Firearms Forums who allow the word to be spread.

Ed Hoffer
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Federal Ammuniton came through in a big big way.

They donated through the Armed Force Foundation the following

9mm Luger 2500 rds
.45 ACP 3000 rds
.223 1600 rds
30-30 120 rds
20 Guage 1250 rds
12 Guage 1250 Rds

A big thanks to Federal and the AFF

With that donation... here is what we are light in.

Pistol Ammunition:

.25 ACP
.32 ACP
.357 Mag
9mm Makarov
.50 AE (They love this round, but it’s pricey ammo)
500 S&W (They love this round, but it’s pricey ammo)

Rifle Ammunition:

30.06 Commercial
6.5x55 Swedish
7.5x55 Swiss
7.62x39
300 WSM

If you can help out either with the above ammo, gift certificates (sportsman warehouse) or bucks for us to purchase the spendy stuff... it would be appreciated.

Ed

(my computer crashed in a big way... if any of the volunteers who volunteered at the last shoot would email a copy of the email I sent which shows who are willing volunteers would appreciate it... Ed)
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks Ed!  Email headed your way.
Link Posted: 1/31/2008 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#33]
The next Fun Shoot date is firm for the 29th a Friday.  As normal the gates open at noon for those willing to volunteer.

We've had a lot promises of gift cards, money etc.  That somone never got here.  If you didn't receive a thank you from me, something went wrong.

We are in desperate need of funds for the spendy ammo.  50AE 500 S&W and 300 WSM.  These are for handguns the troops really like to try, and we hopefully won't let them down.

I we don't get the other shortages (listed a post or two above) we will just not bring those firearms till we get a supply of ammo to feed them.

If anyone has any questions feel free to email me:  [email protected]

For those who have helped in the past a BIG thank you!

Please help if you can.

Ed
Link Posted: 1/31/2008 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Thanks Ed!

I've got some .500 headed your way!  
and I'll be bringing some .308 with me on the 29th.  See ya' then!
Link Posted: 2/12/2008 8:06:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Still have a need for funds to purchase the spendy ammo... or order it online and have it shipped to me.

We have enough ammo for the 29 Feb Fun Shoot except for:

50AE
500 S&W
300 WSM

Thanks for all you past support!!!

Ed Hoffer
6303 Green Circle Dr
San Antonio, TX  78233
Link Posted: 2/19/2008 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Please help if you can

Link Posted: 2/23/2008 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Bump for a great cause!

I really want to help out on this, but am fairly short on funds.  Is there no longer a need for any of the smaller calibers such as 9mm, .223/5.56, etc.?

How about other items such as hearing and eye protection?  Clays or throwers?

Link Posted: 2/23/2008 9:56:29 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Bump for a great cause!

I really want to help out on this, but am fairly short on funds.  Is there no longer a need for any of the smaller calibers such as 9mm, .223/5.56, etc.?

How about other items such as hearing and eye protection?

Any and all help is needed and much appreciated.

I'm not sure about the hearing and eye protection, but I'll ask Ed to let us know.  Ammo and monetary donations continue to be needed.  These soldiers go thru quite a bit of ammo on each of these range days so there is always a struggle to keep enough ammo on hand for use at the next shoot.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to do something helpful for our soldiers!  
Link Posted: 2/23/2008 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#39]
With some recent donations, we are set on some calibers for a few shoots.

We are also covered on clays and throwers.  Earplugs are contributed by the range we shoot at.

For at least the next 2 shoots (4 months) funds for ammo we fall short on at the last minute is what is primarily needed.

If it wasn't for the two large corporate donations (Century and Federal) this shoot would have been posponed till March.

We still need help, especially the spendy ammo or funds.  We just aren't as desperate for this next shoot.  I've already dipped into my pocket for some 500 S&W, if they don't feel the kick with 500 gr bullets vs 350 gr this time... we need larger caliber handguns.  They might be licking their wounds... but they are still macho!

Ed
Link Posted: 2/23/2008 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#40]
I've got a few odds and ends you guys are welcome to.  I was at Sportsman's Warehouse today and splurged on some .500S&W...  Just one box, though.  At nearly $2 a round, I can understand why you guys need help with it.

I'll stop by Bracken on Friday if that's not a problem.  I have to be on campus later on in the afternoon, otherwise I'd offer up my firearms for use.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2008 5:06:37 AM EDT
[#41]
height=8
Quoted:
I've got a few odds and ends you guys are welcome to.  I was at Sportsman's Warehouse today and splurged on some .500S&W...  Just one box, though.  At nearly $2 a round, I can understand why you guys need help with it.

I'll stop by Bracken on Friday if that's not a problem.  I have to be on campus later on in the afternoon, otherwise I'd offer up my firearms for use.  

Works for me!!!  Thank you very much, look forward to meeting you.

Ed

PS

Last shameless plug for volunteers, firearms and funds for this fun shoot...  

If all goes as expected the next fun shoot will be in 2 months... and the drive for ammo and money starts all over again.

Ed
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm going to give this one more bump.  Tomorrow is the 29!
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Bump, this needs to stay at the top.
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#44]
We were able to beg borrow steal the calibers we were short of, so all firearms will be represented tomorrow.  YEA!!!!!!

After tomorrow will be revisiting our stock of ammo supplies and get ready for the next shoot in hopefully April.

We ran short of volunteers, but was able to find some active duty army types that were willing to take off for an afternoon of helping their brethren.

Thanks to all who have supported this cause in the past, and hope more will be able to participate in the future.

Tomorrow is humility day....  even though I served 23 yrs in the military, I did not have to give as much as these guys have given.  Anything that can give them a smile, anything that can be given to them so that they are appreciated is the least we can do.

Thank you all.

Ed
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Is there anyway this can be a sticky so that all can see it?  This program will be ongoing, and any attention it can get would be appreciated.

Ed
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

We ran short of volunteers, but was able to find some active duty army types that were willing to take off for an afternoon of helping their brethren.

I'd love to help out for the time I'm there(2 or 3 hours)...  Do you need any help setting things up before noon?
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Is there anyway this can be a sticky so that all can see it?  This program will be ongoing, and any attention it can get would be appreciated.

Ed

Best thing is to contact a mod.
Link Posted: 2/29/2008 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks to Ed and Ernest(I hope I remembered that right) for putting so much work into setting this meet up.  Another thanks goes out to Bracken Range for having everyone!

Sorry I had to leave before clean-up started.  Hopefully I'll be able to make it up to you guys next time.

Here are some pictures:

If you see your picture up and do not want it posted, please contact me and I'll remove it as soon as possible.

Link Posted: 3/1/2008 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#49]
another great day!

Thanks for coming out, Chips!  It was good to meet ya'!

Here are most of my pics.  Click for fullsize:

Link Posted: 3/5/2008 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#50]
We had the Fun Shoot last Friday on the 29th.

We had a good showing of guys and gals from Brooks Army Medical Center and they all had a blast!

We also had a number of volunteeers that where able to donate their time and efforts to help, which made it a lot easier for all.

This time instead of Bracken Range only donating some allocated shooting stations... the whole range, all spaces where reserved for us so we had a lot more room to spread out.  If you are local and use the Bracken Range be sure to thank Chuck!

Some brought some oldies but goodies, we had black powder and some 45-70's which were enjoyed by many.

I want to extend my thanks, and that of the TPVA for all who helped support this cause and helped make it possible.

We can still use monetary donations (pay pal, gift cards etc.) for the ammo we are usually shy on, and of course all ammo donations are still accepted.  Right now we have adequate stock on hand for a few more shoots, but the more we have the less there is to worry about.

I want to also extend a special thanks to the volunteers that stayed afterwards and helped me clean all the firearms I brought!!!!

Ed
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top