Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2001 11:14:02 PM EDT
I've been putting off getting my finances in order for a while.  I'm thinking of going with the Vanguard Group. Any insights?
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an account at my local liquor store, they manage my funds quite nicely.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 12:07:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I use Vanguard. I have no complaints. I can't really offer any advice though in our current market environment. Try checking Fabianlive.com for indepth fund management.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 2:17:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Vanguard is great for their index funds. I use them for that reason, as well as Price, Kaufmann, Janus, RSIM, Fidelity, and a couple others I bought into a while back. I usually start by figuring out how I want to diversify, and then pick the best funds in the categories I selected keeping in mind things like manager tenure, turnover, fees, etc.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 3:12:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Putnam
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Vanguard index funds.  Their expenses are the lowest.  Their former director John Bogle wrote a book explaining the index investing theory and I though it was very persuasive.

I also have some money in the Strong Growth fund; for an actively managed mutual fund, their expenses are relatively low, and the fund manager is quite good.

Check the prospectus for the funds you are thinking about; the things I look for are low expenses and low turnover (high turnover often triggers capital gains).
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe the core of ones investments should consist of index and tax-managed mutual funds.  Vanguard does an excellent job in this area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top