Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2001 10:36:42 PM EDT
Hey all,
I know I just barely got married, But I'm gonna be a daddy!!!!![:D]  I honestly have never been happier in my entire life.  I finally have the girl of my dreams, I'm gonna be a daddy, and best of all I get to hang up the badge, move to Canada, and sell Police gear for a living.  To be honest, as some of you know the giving up on being a cop is a long time coming.  But to give it up to be a husband/daddy/normal guy, how sweet can it be !!!!! I'll still get on here from Canada guy, but I REALLY wont be the same Mike you all knew and loved to hate.  Well I'm off the the 24 hour drug store to pick up a box of cigars!!!!! God bless and I wish all as much happiness as I feel right now
Mike
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:38:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats Mike. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#2]
congrats sorry about the move to canada tough gun laws?
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Congradulations!  I too just found out that I'm going to be a Father.  I cant wait!  My wife is already buying everything she can.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]
GOOD LUCK Mike.   [beer]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:43:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Well call me crazy, but the tough gun laws are part of the reason to move.  Being that my wife is Canadian, I have visited there several times.  I have seen that Canada is a more civil society then I am use to, and I feel that is partly because of the tough gun laws.  The wife is an Ex cop so she will have no problem getting a permit to keep a shot gun in the house, and to be honest I really don't see a need for more then that.  Other reasons for the move include, Socialized Medicine, and an amazing family unit up there.  I guess even "jack booted thug" Ex Cop's can find peace in life......I'm just glad none of you guys killed me before I got there [;)]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:46:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I do like the medical systemBut I like the choices I have here better.  good luck anyway

john
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:48:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope you have some cop buddies who think similar to your posted views you can entice to go there with you.

I'm just glad you did not reproduce in our country.

While I believe in controlled/limited immigration I belive exporting of liberals should proceed unchecked.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:56:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh Dave.......Although they say people change, which is true I'm living proof, it's good to see you are your same old self [;)]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:06:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Hey --  Can I come to the Christening?

Seriously.  Congratulations !!!  

[url]ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/rlussier/images/babdanc2.asf[/url]

[img]www.angelfire.com/mo/loadthis/images/cigar.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:27:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Congrats.  That being said....

I have seen that Canada is a more civil society then I am use to, and I feel that is partly because of the tough gun laws
View Quote

boing - wrongo!  Cut the urban welfare sucking baby machines out of the mix - no race specifically mentioned so as not to inflame - and the USA has one of the lower crime rates of the industrialized nations. Period.

The wife is an Ex cop so she will have no problem getting a permit to keep a shot gun in the house, and to be honest I really don't see a need for more then that.
View Quote

I don't think you need the shotgun.  Guns are only good for killing people.  Guns are for police and military.  How can you have a gun in the house with a child.  Enjoy your permit.

You're teaching your kiddo to aspire to have socialized medicine?  I'm teaching my kid to get a job so he can get a good medical plan.  To each his own.  An' course I'ma teachin' him to aim COM on them blue helmeted fellers...

Good luck and again - congrats.

Tate
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:48:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Congratulations!!! Teach your kid well.
[beer]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 12:06:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Congrat's Mike [beer]

Hmmmmmm...Texas to Canada, are you sure you're ready for the cold! [:)]

Congrats to you too, schapman43 [beer]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 1:30:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Mike and schapman43,
Congradulations guys!  No better honor than being a father.  Raise them well.

Mike,
 Canada????
 Draconian gun laws?
 Socialized Medicine - from my understanding takes a very long time to get any medical procedure done.  Due to the bureocratic BS!  Friends of mine, brought their family down here to Houston to have a procedure done because the CA gov wanted to wait a year before doing it!!!
 Wish you the best of luck............
      (scratching my head)
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:41:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Better you than me!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:49:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hey --  Can I come to the Christening?

Seriously.  Congratulations !!!  

[url]ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/rlussier/images/babdanc2.asf[/url]

[img]www.angelfire.com/mo/loadthis/images/cigar.gif[/img]
View Quote

Well I'll be damned.  The two dudes I got into
my first flame war with have made up.  Contrats
GlockcopLives.

Great to hear from you again Drew!

[beer]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:52:52 AM EDT
[#18]
I am very happy for you!  Congratulations!..[<]:)]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:54:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Congrats
Move to Kentucky where the yhave loose gun laws!!!
Pray that your child is not as hard-headed as I am!!!!

-Chuck
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:56:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Congratulations!!
Your real life has now begun.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:42:01 AM EDT
[#21]
I know I will be flamed big time for this but that is a discussion for another day. Granted you don't know me and I you. I'm not a troll, but I've been involved in the Internet discussion groups for 5 year. In those year I have read numerous post about having babies and how great the parents are along with all the congradulations of fellow poster. In the past I have never responded but the time has come.
WHY?
How can you be happy knowing you will are responsible for bring a living breathing being into this world. A world that is cruel and full of unhappiness. Really think about it life is full of struggle and unhappiness with an occasional spirinkle of pleasure.
Even worse with todays governments you are providing them with more cannon fodder they can use to boister their egos. Or another slave that can toil away "in the fields" to add money to the callfers (sp) of the elite. I could go on but I guess you get my gist.
I'm sorry I don't feel any happiness in this situation only sorrow. You would be correct in assuming that I haven't any children. But that was by choice, because I have had these thoughts since I was 18 when I saw my class mates and my brothers friends march off to that "noble cause".
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:48:04 AM EDT
[#22]
There is a BIG shortage of Family Doctors in Canada.  Socialized Medicine does have its draw backs.  I for one would perfer a Two Tier system....the single Tier only works if you are on the bottom of the socio-economic ladder.

Where in Canada are you moving to?  If its close I would be happy to let you shoot my AK, AR, FN etc just to keep you in the loop!  Somehow a shotgun is just not enough for me....

Link Posted: 10/26/2001 7:36:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Glockcop,
Congratulations! As a parent myself I understand your joy and the satisfaction you will experience as you raise your child.
Best of luck to you where ever you decide to relocate.
As for Hineline, are you like, a professional jerk or something?

And TripleD, out of 100,000 sperm cells you are the one who found the egg? I'm sorry your parents brought you into this cold cruel world.
You sound like you would have been a perfect candidate for an abortion to me.

Peace through superior firepower!
muz, out
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 7:46:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Muzlblsat,

There is no good reason for an abortion.

A good slapping or bullet well placed maybe.

Mike and Scott,

You'll soon experience true,un-conditional love.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Congrats Mike and Shapman!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Congratulations to both Mike and Shapman!  Having children is truly a blessing, but it is also a lot of hard work.  Remember that your lives are no longer your own, and that every thing you do will be an example to your kids.  Raise them well!

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 8:43:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well call me crazy, but the tough gun laws are part of the reason to move.  Being that my wife is Canadian, I have visited there several times.  I have seen that Canada is a more civil society then I am use to, and I feel that is partly because of the tough gun laws.  The wife is an Ex cop so she will have no problem getting a permit to keep a shot gun in the house, and to be honest I really don't see a need for more then that.  Other reasons for the move include, Socialized Medicine, and an amazing family unit up there.  I guess even "jack booted thug" Ex Cop's can find peace in life......I'm just glad none of you guys killed me before I got there [;)]
View Quote

What a complete pile of bullshyt. Good bye and good riddance.

Link Posted: 10/26/2001 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#29]
WOW what a response!!!! Thanks all for the support, and for those of you who felt the need to take this opportunity to challenge my judgement or to make a personal attack, well lets just say if ya don't like me you didn't have to respond.  As far as the lack of Dr's in Canada, my wife's family is made up of mostly Dr's and one of her aunts is one of the top ten OB's in the nation (of Canada).  As far as gun laws.....there just guns.  I have spent ALL of my adult life either in the Army or as a cop packing and for some reason it has just gotten old.  I am looking forward to being a simple guy who lives a happy family life, and who's biggest daily headache is traffic.  Sorry if I stepped on toes guys, but we all change.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 3:05:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I know I will be flamed big time for this but that is a discussion for another day. Granted you don't know me and I you. I'm not a troll, but I've been involved in the Internet discussion groups for 5 year. In those year I have read numerous post about having babies and how great the parents are along with all the congradulations of fellow poster. In the past I have never responded but the time has come.
WHY?
How can you be happy knowing you will are responsible for bring a living breathing being into this world. A world that is cruel and full of unhappiness. Really think about it life is full of struggle and unhappiness with an occasional spirinkle of pleasure.
Even worse with todays governments you are providing them with more cannon fodder they can use to boister their egos. Or another slave that can toil away "in the fields" to add money to the callfers (sp) of the elite. I could go on but I guess you get my gist.
I'm sorry I don't feel any happiness in this situation only sorrow. You would be correct in assuming that I haven't any children. But that was by choice, because I have had these thoughts since I was 18 when I saw my class mates and my brothers friends march off to that "noble cause".
View Quote

I always try to keep my responses on this board
positive - whether it's an attempt at humor,
encouragemnt, or wisdom.  Sometimes people respond in a good way, sometimes my posts suck.
I rarely literally "go off" and say things that
I [b]KNOW[/b] will piss somebody off without
trying to mix a little sarcasm with it too.

You are the most negative piece of shit that I
have had the displeasure of running into on this
board in a long time.  What is it that you expect from life that you aren't getting?  Who's
responsibility is it to see that you have a
"happy" life?  If your response to an expecting
first-time father is this - it's no wonder you
your life sucks.

Write down a few simple facts of life and take
them with you when you crawl back into the hole
you came out of.  Keep your ass there until you
understand.

1.)You reap what you sow.
2.)You reap [b]more[/b] than you sow.
3.)You reap later than when you think you will.

See if you can figure out why your life sucks.
Your attitude is the biggest problem, and only
[b]YOU[/b] can change it.  If you're waiting for
life to become all sweet and rosey so you can
change your outlook [b]then,[/b] you'll die just
as miserable as you are right now.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 4:52:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 6:43:25 AM EDT
[#32]
[beer] Good Luck, My "baby" is 3 now.

You only need a few rules

1 Love em every minute.
2 Be there for them when they need help.

the rest justs happens.

Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Glockguy, dont get sick in Canada. My buddies make a killing treating Canadians. They have to pay out of their own pockets. Most of the good Canadian Docs also swam across the river. Try getting an MRI without a six to nine month wait. Some diseases will kill you during that time. You also lose a lot of choice. Even with all the drawbacks, NO-ONE in the world has better health care available than Americans.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:11:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Congratulations! By the way you do know that your house will never smell the same after the little one gets home don't you? HE HE HE [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Muzlblast Halfcocked A3kid - Thanks for reaffirming my convections. I don't flame anyone it is just one of my self imposed rules when it comes to Internet discussion groups.
The one thing I have learned through life is that when someone cannot defend their position they attack the person asking it. I posed some questions in regards to having children in this day and age. Do I get responses concerning that question NO I get attacked. Am I surprised HELL NO, matter of fact I would have been surprised if it had been the opposite. Human nature never changes; only the faces

Concerning my attitude. I believe I see the world as it really is and not what I want it to be. Sure I've had my good times but if you really exam your life you will discover that there are far more bad times then good. It is probable a survival techinque of the Homo Sapian that allows it to reflect more on the good times then the bad.
I'll close by quoting one of my favorite philosophers B. Franklin he stated " The more one learns of the world the lest he likes it"

Good day Gentelman
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:19:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:32:34 AM EDT
[#37]
TripleD, that's losertalk. You made the decisions that lead you to this unhappiness. Why don't you try to make some decisions that will make you happy? It's not just how you see things, it's how you do things. Only losers gripe and whine at how bad the world is. You obviously know nothing about human nature. Even in places like Somalia or Chad, where people are starving to death and wars won't stop, people still have kids. Kids represent the future, the hope for a better future. If these people are just going to complain as you do and die in a miserable dump, then what's the point of living? Having children gives people an incentive to make the world a better place, it motivates people to provide for someone other than themselves.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:38:12 AM EDT
[#38]
best wishes and dress warm. drink rumple minze!!

[:)]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Congrat's Mike [beer]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 12:09:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
...Perhaps it is the hope that the world will improve just a little with each generation. Or it may be the desire for some measure of immortality.  Or it may simply be that feeling you get when your baby smiles at you first thing in the morning.
View Quote

Not to mention I'd rather give my guns and other sh*t to my children than to the government. :)
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 12:21:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Congrats bud! I'm happy for you.

But why Canada?
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 12:29:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

You just described life from any era, can you tell me about a time when everyone was happy and there was no war? Get a clue bud, the first of the noble truths of Buddism(sp?) "life is suffering". Life has always been hard, it has also always been well worth it. I may only get a few hours of time with my wife for every couple dozen hours spent "toiling" but it is well worth it & I am very happy with my life, good & bad.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 5:39:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Well congradulations, what a wonderful event; and on to a new phase in your life.  Being called dad is one of the greatest moments in my life.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top