Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2001 5:44:43 PM EDT
Contrary to popular belief by many members of this forum... the Second Amendment is NOT the center of the Constitutional Universe. That is why it is the SECOND amendment.

As a public service I will provide a refresher to the text of the FIRST amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by a member of the moderate-majority who believes as strongly in the right to free speech as he does the right to bear arms. This member of the moderate-majority has also not abandonded important attributes like RESPECT and TOLERANCE in exercising BOTH of these rights.

Extremists suck.

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Was it the ninth amendment that specifically states that the enumeration of the amendments doesn't mean shit?

Or was that the 10'th.

Lest I must have forgotten, alas ye' don't grab aholdeth of yon basic premises of Constitutional Law..
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you're refering to 1st Amendmant rights here on this forum, you don't have them here.

However, you do have a point. But it's the 2nd that protects the other 9!
View Quote

I don't need to worry about my 1st amendment rights here because I also mentioned something called respect. I respect the OWNER of this board since I also own MANY web properties. I wouldn't post anything 'offensive' here because it is someone else's house. Just like I wouldn't light a cigarette in a non-smoker's house.

R E S P E C T

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top