Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2007 10:57:20 AM EDT
I went to the Barnes & Noble bookstore in Akron, Oh on Friday night to meet Glenn and get the book signed.

Glenn is a lot taller than I thought he was. He is 6'2"

I saw a lot of NRA hats in the line and a few people that I thought I recognized from Bulletfest.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say there were a few other Arfcomers there.

So did any of you guys get the book yet?  It is a very funny book!!

Link Posted: 11/25/2007 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Just heard about it on George Noory.  Thinking about picking it up.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I am currently reading "The Guts to Try".

His book will be my next.

There are a lot of Glenn Beck haters here, so you'll be hard pressed to get good input.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't care for his shtick....
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I went to the Barnes & Noble bookstore in Akron, Oh on Friday night to meet Glenn and get the book signed.

Glenn is a lot taller than I thought he was. He is 6'2"

I saw a lot of NRA hats in the line and a few people that I thought I recognized from Bulletfest.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say there were a few other Arfcomers there.

So did any of you guys get the book yet?  It is a very funny book!!

Damn didn't hear about it otherwise I would have been there.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

There are a lot of Glenn Beck haters here, so you'll be hard pressed to get good input.

This was not an invitation for the haters to come in here and crap on my post.

I just wanted to see if there were other Arfcomers at the booksigning or if anyone here has gotten the book yet.

Link Posted: 11/25/2007 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm going out on a limb here and guess that the GB haters are also RP supporters ??
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1000. He seems to making a good living at it though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm going out on a limb here and guess that the GB haters are also RP supporters ??

Most of them...

Ron Paul will not go on Beck's show, stood him up once and now just hides.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This was not an invitation for the haters to come in here and crap on my post.

I just wanted to see if there were other Arfcomers at the booksigning or if anyone here has gotten the book yet.

I like the guy.

I was trying to let you know not to get your hopes up with too many people chiming in saying they were there (or have been to one) or have read the book.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#10]
First off, I am a Sick Freak.

I am an Insider and listen pretty much every day, I have gone to some of his live shows and events and I own his first book too.

With that said I don't think I will see anymore of his live shows nor buy any of his books.  My personal observation is that EVERYTHING in the books and live shows has pretty much already been covered in his radio show at some point, especially on the Insider.  I was actually bored at one of his live events because I know all of the stories and bits.  The first book had no original material in it, as I read the book I could hear his voice it was like I had heard everything before, oh yeah I had.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I know what you mean..........

Only major media person to talk openly and often about gun ownership in a positive manner....

Only major media person to talk about illegal immigration regularly...........

Only major media person to actually talk about what our Constitution means and why it is important...

Only major media person to actually talk favorably and often about our founding fathers and what they had to endure to make this country....

Only major media person to openly and often talk about how much he loves this country....

Yeah....I would get sick of that too.......
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only major media person to talk openly and often about gun ownership in a positive manner....

Only major media person to actually talk about what our Constitution means and why it is important...

Only major media person to actually talk favorably and often about our founding fathers and what they had to endure to make this country....

Only major media person to openly and often talk about how much he loves this country....

That's gonna leave a mark.....
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You forgot about calling out that Congressman for being an elitist....

Stopping the Mayor of Columbus from running for governor by "Challenging his manhood".

Saying that the 2A is for taking be the government from the bad office holders with violence if required.

And best of all Moron Trivia.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't tell Michael Savage that
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't tell Michael Savage that

Or Rush...or Levin..

Link Posted: 11/25/2007 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Haven't heard much positive about the 2A and gun ownership from Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly etc, etc.  Nothing negative, it's just a subject they seem to avoid.  Savage yes, he's a supporter, but he's also very much a fringe type of guy.  Don't listen to Levin, so I can't speak for him.  Beck's not afraid to say what the 2A is for and why it's necessary, he stands alone in that respect in the MSM.  He's definitely one of the good guys in my book.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#17]
In all fairness Rush as been rock solid on all those topics for the last 18 years. Ask me how I know!

Hannity annoys me some, but I still listen. He is a little too wishy washy. ]

Savage is a freakin moron. He is like a gnat who constantly talks about how he could take Rush's audience if he wanted to go to the same time frame. What a tool. I don't care about when he is right because he is wrong a lot.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 2:04:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Hannity and Bill O should never be in the same sentence as Rush.

Rush speaks about it, but he is not a chest thumper when nothing is going on..sometime in March when the SCOTUS really kicks in on the DC gun ban and all things related..like the people pandering their sides..he'll be all over it.

Link Posted: 11/25/2007 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#19]
My day starts with Beck at 0700, Rush at 1000, Medved at 1300 then finishes with Levin at 1600.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#20]
The book looked good as I flicked through it at Borders. If I hadn't picked up another book earlier, I would have got that one.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#21]
LOOK LIKE THIS IS THE 'THREAD".

I love it !

just picked up another copy for my father-in-law @ target last night.

ETA:  Looks like this is the hottest book for Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1000
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Glenn Beck is a douche
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Glenn Beck is a douche

Support your claim.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Glenn Beck is a douche

In soviet russia, Glenn Beck Douches you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top