Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2001 4:28:07 PM EDT
So, I was unable to sleep last night (stuck in a hotel in Tucson) and so I watched Eddie Murphy in "Beverly Hills Cop".  

One scene jumped out at me that I had never noticed before and re-emphasized to me how totally clueless the hollywood types are when it comes to guns.

It's a scene early in the movie when Axel is visiting the gun club and the 6-foot blonde woman is shooting.  She's shooting a 44-mag REVOLVER and not only does she shoot about 10 rounds, after every shot you could hear brass hitting the floor.  HAHAHAHAH.  

I'm sure what happened is some FX guy added the sound after the fact and used his generic sound kit not noticing the fact that the babe was using a revolver.

Hollywood is SOOOOOOOO lame.

- CD
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
and this suprises you why?
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
...She's shooting a 44-mag REVOLVER and not only does she shoot about 10 rounds...
View Quote

Only 10 rounds???

It must be one of those lousy post-ban revolvers blocked at 10 rounds.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
...the suprise came because I had never noticed it before and I've seen the movie 3 or 4 times.

- CD
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#4]
ok, thought you were suprised that hollywood was lame
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Damnit, I'm not lame.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Movies really lose my respect when they can't get the gun stuff right.

On the other hand, sometimes they are the funniest stuff in a film comedy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn dudes, its a movie not a documenary, Its sole purpose is to entertain you not show real life. Rule of Hollywood "all effect, no fact"
GG
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
Damn dudes, its a movie not a documenary, Its sole purpose is to entertain you not show real life. Rule of Hollywood "all effect, no fact"
GG
View Quote

Unfortunately, a lot of the public gets their gun 'knowledge' from the movies and the stars get their knowledge from movies also when they speak out against guns.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:08:27 PM EDT
[#9]
ROY ROGERS was the greatest shot in the whole world.  If you ever see one of his old movies notice how he hits a rock with every round fired.  BANG - RICOCHET, BANG - RICOCHET, -- I mean the man could shoot his horse and still get a ricochet.  Amazing -- ALLONS11
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...She's shooting a 44-mag REVOLVER and not only does she shoot about 10 rounds...
View Quote

Only 10 rounds???

It must be one of those lousy post-ban revolvers blocked at 10 rounds.
View Quote

Actually, I think it was one of those fully automatic semi-auto assault revolvers that take them 75rnd clips [:D][:D]

Sgtar15
[img]http://www.tartarus.net/images/water/frog2.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 10/26/2001 1:15:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 8:47:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's the directors who pull off that stupid shit. It's not the people who work behind the scenes because they usually know their stuff.

I remember one movie with a guy shooting skeet from a boat. He grabs this purty over/under and the sound of a pump shotgun shucking was dubbed in. [>:/]
View Quote

Have you ever noticed that whenever stars point a gun at something you hear the sound of the action being cycled?  I was watching a movie (I forget which, the only memorable thing was how bad it was) and the "heroes" cycled their weapons 15 times in one scene.  At that rate, they would have been almost out of ammunition before they even started shooting.

Another thing that I noticed was that in the last gun battle scene in L.A. Confidential Russel Crowe is shooting a revolver that seems to eject it's empties after every shot.  Sometimes the dub folks are just stupid if you ask me.

"Do what you will,
just don't expect much from Hollyweird."
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 9:39:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Not to start a flame war, but how many of you know how to make a movie? Can you imagine a bunch of gun nuts trying to make a movie? Hollywood would be saying how lame our movie knowledge is. [}:D]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top