Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2001 12:11:07 PM EDT
 I just heard that this guy wanted to do his show with some of the victims of the WTC bombing- I don't believe that the guy is legit, and there are too many coincidences/ stuff he could have learned before the show about these people.  I think he is a well meaning man, but he has no real psychic powers to talk to dead people.  What a con-man!
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#1]
As a called and ordained servant of the Word I pronounce him a fraud in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.  He should repent. No, I am not being flippant.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Fake, a cheat, and a scumbag that preys on peoples emotions.

Just more polished than "Caol me now for yor frree readin'"
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I think he's a charlatan and it would be distasteful for him to do a show with the victims of the WTC attack. Sick, just sick...
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Isn't that kinda like the pot calling the kettle black?
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#6]
My father in law insists that he is real, but I have watched several times, and find it ridiculously fake.  I could figue out all of his psychic revelations by doing internet research on those people.  I think that he searches their private history before the show, using their names/address from the ticket orders.  Some people have common names, and that is why he is often not right the first or second time.  
  The guy is, at best,  a well meaning man who wants to make families feel better about their loss.  At worst, he is a snake who preys on peoples' emotions to make a profit.  He strikes me as a conman.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#7]
[rolleyes]did you really have to ask? My [;)] Qeejie board told me he's fake!..
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#8]
If he knew all that malarky, he'd tell people BEFORE they die what to do to make life better.

And, Miss Cleo would call YOU first.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 1:11:53 PM EDT
[#9]
My mom loves the guy, but I think he's a total fake.  I don't believe in that sort of stuff.  

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Let me try,
I’m seeing a woman in you life, a lover… or maybe your mother.
She had blonde hair…, or knew someone with blonde hair, yes,…yes it becoming clearer.

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn-i thought you were talking about John Edwards the Slimeball lawyer  Senator from NC--changing his stance on something--Dick
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#12]
A pretty obvious fraud.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Hmmm.....lets see, what channel is he on?.....OH Yes, thats it,...THE SCIENCE FICTION CHANNEL.  He MUST be legit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Wife dragged me to see him in person shortly after our daughter died. Wife was looking for some conformation that an after life existed. Tough losing a loved one and not having a firm belief of a life after. He never contacted with us in the crowd. It made my wife feel better because she believed he was being contacted by people who had "crossed over". I left $20+ poorer.

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#15]
The thought of that guy doing a show w/ wtc survivors makes me sick!  He better make no profit on it.

It's a technique called "cold reading".  If he talked to the audience before the show and already knew something about them, then it's "warm reading".  

Ever notice he ask more questions than making actual statements?  If you count the "hits" versus the "misses", you'll realize he's extremely bad at what he does.  The credulus audience are so eager to believe they'll make the proper feedback and yell out the "answer" at the faintest clue ("I see the letter J...", "YES, his name was Joe!!!").  SNL did a spoof on him that was pretty much to the point.  Cold reading wouldn't work if the "victim" has a poker face and refuse to give the reader "clues".  For the skeptical few, the likes of John Edward does not impress anyone.

[url]http://www.randi.org/library/coldreading/index.html[/url]

[url]http://www.skepdic.com/coldread.html[/url]

[url]http://www.skepdic.com/vanpraagh.html[/url] Van Praagh had been hailed as the worst cold reader that fooled the most people.

[url]http://www.csicop.org/genx/edward/index.html[/url]

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#16]
There you go.  [url]http://www.tvinsite.com/broadcastingcable/53130.htm[/url]

Parasite is the word.  That's what those people are, parasites.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:34:28 AM EDT
[#17]
They're reporting on Drudge now that the show is cancelled...
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:52:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Why would you pay money to have someone tell you the first letter of the name of a recently departed loved one?

Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:53:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Does the fact that the show airs on [gold]the Sci-Fi channel[/gold] provide anything close to resembling a [size=5]frickin' CLUE[/size=5] to the show's legitimacy???[whacko]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:57:39 AM EDT
[#20]
FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE

HE IS A SINNER PLAYING ON EMOTIONS...
THE BIBLE CLEARLY STATES THAT THERE IS A BARRIER BETWEEN THE SPIRITUAL REALM AND EARTH.
-CHuck
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:21:45 AM EDT
[#21]
He's as real as Jim & Tammy Baker were.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey 4R77, thanks for the good links...I've forwarded them to my father-in-law, who insists that Edward is legit.  I hope this convinces him, but I think that losing his father 10 years ago has made him WANT to believe in this shit. It really is sad to see such a fraud as Edward getting syndication.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top