Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2001 10:48:22 PM EDT
After not being able to get "my" Kimber Eclipse due to stupidity, I needed to treat myself (the pistol was a self Bday present) so I went looking for a Baikal side by side.  None of the local gun shops had one so I thought I'd just check out Davidson's Gallery of Guns.  

They now have a service where you search their offerings and when you find what you want they send the request to local gun shops who respond with their best price.  The prices varied by almost sixty bucks and the one I chose is at a relatively close gun shop I never knew existed. I clicked on "accept", gave a down payment online and they then shipped the gun to the gun shop, even sending me a tracking number.

I'll let you know how it ends up, just curious if anyone else has tried this.

edit- "Me fail English, that's unpossible!" - R.W.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 3:42:08 PM EDT
[#1]
OK, so no one has used it.  Here is the URL so you can check it out.  I think it is a pretty cool idea.  [url]www.galleryofguns.com/[/url]

Certainly makes shopping easier here in the Bay Area so you don't have to fight traffic and bridges to check stuff out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:08:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used it.  It worked very well.  It's amazing what different dealers in my area charge for the same gun.

Bradd
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn!!! I still cant find a Sig-550
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#4]
We order from davidsons exclusively. They only sell stuff that they can back up with a life time replacement guarantee. My most recent purchases have been from there, too. Their shipping prices are sweet. When we order any amount of guns via overnight fedex, the cost is only $15! I just ordered a KP95 that was on sale and I also get a $40 rebate (pretty sweet when you get a gun like that for $250). They have great people at Davidsons and their sales prove it.

On a side note, I have gotten a new found respect for Ruger quality from the guns we recieve from davidsons. All our customers rave about what their rugers can do. I decided to start trying 'em out and now I have a 77MKIIVT in .308 that shoots 1/2moa, a mini 14 (hold your jeering) that will consistently do 1moa with match ammo, a superblackhawk .44 (very nice hunting gun), and now a KP95. I used to be like everyone else that jeered at el cheapo rugers, but now I can honestly say that all of their products are solid and very well made.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#5]
So far ,every gun I wanted was "allocated" which means no dealer in my town can get one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sounds like a very good service, I would like to try it but I can't get the link to open??? Is there another link to Davidsons?
View Quote

Works for me.  You can try going straingt to the locator page: [url]www.galleryofguns.com/GunLocator/locatorstart.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Lame.  No such caliber as 50bmg on there.

Link Posted: 10/27/2001 3:05:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top