Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2001 7:20:55 PM EDT
I still wish that we could have helped him find it in himself to have the [b]COURAGE[/B] to [b]HONOR[/B] the [b]COMMITMENT[/b] he willfully entered into.

There is a value system expected of our Men and Women in the armed forces. On the face of the "Core Values" card each Marine is expected to carry with them, always, is the following:

HONOR
INTEGRITY, RESPONSIBILITY, ACCOUNTABILITY

COURAGE
DO THE RIGHT THING, IN THE RIGHT WAY, FOR THE RIGHT REASONS

COMMITMENT
DEVOTION TO THE CORPS AND MY FELLOW MARINES
View Quote

and on the rear:

Marines...
1. OBEY THE LAW
2. LEAD BY EXAMPLE
3. RESPECT THEMSELVES AND OTHERS
4. MAINTAIN A HIGH STANDARD OF INTEGRITY
5. SUPPORT AND UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION
6. UPHOLD SPECIAL TRUST AND CONFIDENCE
7. PLACE FAITH AND HONOR ABOVE ALL ELSE
8. HONOR FELLOW MARINES, THE CORPS, COUNTRY, AND FAMILY
View Quote

Up until very recently, I've always felt that this card was something that the cub scouts should be handing out, but now, I realize what void it was intended to fill.

Semper Fi,

Dave
________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you were accused of being a Man, would there be enough evidence to convict you?  
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you from a soon to be Marine.  I've always wanted to be a Marine for the reasons you just stated.  I just can't see myself as anything else.  Semper Fi
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thank you from a soon to be Marine.  I've always wanted to be a Marine for the reasons you just stated.  I just can't see myself as anything else.  Semper Fi
View Quote

Welcome aboard! When do you ship? What MOS?

BTW, you are going to be successful in anything you want to do, because those values [b]are[/b] already important to you!

Semper Fidelis

Dave

(updated and edited because I wanted to let everbody else know what you're gonna' do too!)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top