Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2001 3:36:19 PM EDT
I have a 20" Bushy that I would like to do some mods on.

Is there a Postban-Govt. contour bbl? I'd like to lighten up my rifle a bit but maintain the 20" length.

Also, I'd like to add a comp. I understand that the Flash hiders are supposed to cut down the amount of flash visible to the firer and I was wondering, do the compensators also do this to some degree? I was hoping that by directing the flash to the side this might be accomplished. Is this a valid assumption?

What would be some good recommendations for post ban compensators?

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster has a 20" Gov't profile barrel, although I don't know if it is available in post ban.  You could always have the comp pinned and welded on.  

Oly arms can sell you a gov't profile 20", but it seems right now they have a very long waiting time.  

Another option would be to have your barrel turned to Gov't profile then refinished.
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The Smith compensator works really well at keeping the muzzle level, but most compensators seem to actually increase the flash, as seen by the shooter. They redirect the sound, too, making the rifle seem a lot louder. But, overall, the Smith is one of the best ot there, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 6:33:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bushmaster has a 20" Gov't profile barrel, although I don't know if it is available in post ban.  You could always have the comp pinned and welded on.  
View Quote

Removing the flash hider and pinning and welding a comp is legal?
YOUR ANSWER IN NO WAY CONSTITUTES REAL, GENUINE FOR SURE AND FOR CERTAIN LEGAL ADVICE. [;)]

Melon;

Do you have a link for Smith comps?

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top