Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2001 7:34:22 AM EDT
Here's a piece on Sen. Joseph Biden's speech before the Council of Foreign Relations on Monday, Oct. 22, 2001, from The Drudge Report:

[b]Sen. Biden Questions Airstikes' Time Frame; US Risks Looking Like 'High Tech Bully'[/b]
[i]Wed Oct 24 2001 10:22:37 ET[/i]

The top Democratic lawmaker on foreign policy said Monday that unless the bombing of Afghanistan ends "sooner rather than later," America risks looking like a "high-tech bully," the Wilmington News Journal reports.

"Every moment it goes on, it makes the aftermath problems more severe," said Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee.

Speaking to the Council on Foreign Relations, a nonpartisan group of foreign policy experts, Biden said he understands the bombing is required to help safeguard U.S. special forces operations, and that requirement creates a difficult balance.

Biden stressed that, like most Democrats, he has supported President Bush - but the "honeymoon' might get rockier soon."

"The longer the bombing goes on, the more susceptible we are to criticism, [u]justified[/u] and unjustified, in the Islamic world," he said.

"With every hour that passes, the United States pays an escalating price in the Arab world, and faces complaints that it is a high-tech bully that only attacks from the air."

END

And what would the 'justified' criticism [b]be[/b] that the US would be hearing from the Islamic World (EzraBenHun - 'Islamdom'), Sen. Biden?

Are these 'complaints' well-founded in your mind, Senator?  And what's this 'high tech bully that only attacks from the air' b.s.

Is Bil Maher writing your speeches, Senator?

Eric The(Flabbergasted!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#1]
No, people who have bettered themselves so that they don't live in the stone age attack from the air.

Forgive my memory lapse, what state does Mr. Biden 'represent'?
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

Delaware.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#3]
It just goes to show us that Truly  "Usama Joe Biden" is more interested in perception then reality.  Just as are most Democrats.  

If USAMA JOE BIDEN doesn't stop making weak statements people will start thinking he's a panzy.

IF USAMA JOE BIDEN DOESN'T STOP TRYING TO DISARM AMERICAN'S WHO BEAR ARMS PEOPLE ARE GOING TO THINK HES A COMMUNISTS.

IF USAMA JOE BIDEN DOESN'T STOP TRYING TO RAISE TAXES PEOPLE MAY THINK HE HOLDS MARXIST IDEAS.

IF USAMA JOE BIDEN DOESN'T SHUT HIS MOUTH HE MAY ACTUALLY THINK HE WON HIS CHAIRMANSHIP, AND JIM JEFFORDS DIDN'T GIVE IT TO HIM.

I think the logic holds across.

Ben
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I would pay money to watch Biden fight Patrick Leahy to the death, Gladiator style.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:44:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I am sooooo tired of people worring about an enemies feeelings.  WHo the hell cares how the Islamic world views us!!!  If any Islamic nation views us negatively then they are probably already our enemy so WTF difference does it make??

And "Hig Tech Bully"??  WTF is that??  Of course we are going to use high tech stuff, that's why we made it!!  Heck, I wouldn't bring a knife to a gun fight if I owned a gun.  So why shouldn't the US use the beast weapons possible??

Lots of idiots in this world.......unfortunitely alot of them are in government.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Delaware.
View Quote

Thanks, that explains it.  Apologies to normal folks that live there.

Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:47:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's his web page: [url]http://www.senate.gov/~biden/[/url]. Email at the bottom.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:48:42 AM EDT
[#8]
And Don't forget his name from now on iS:
USAMA JOE BIDEN

Ben
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:51:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Actually also email his competitor.  And that way he can go up to UJB and say you know; Do to your remarks people have taken to calling you USAMA JOE.

Ben
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:52:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Well I agree we should stop the bombing immediately,

let OBL get all relaxed, come out & stretch his legs, let the Taliban get comfy & come out of the mountains, set up some supply lines, etc.

Then bomb the crap outta them!
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:54:04 AM EDT
[#11]
THE MIGHTY ISMO HAS SPOKEN.

haha
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top