Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2007 11:11:20 AM EDT
I planning on getting the boy (8) a airsoft rifle (AEG).  I have been researching it, but cant find exactly what I am looking for.  Airsplat has several that are close, but not exactly.

SBR(10" or so) with orange FH
full metal body and motor
A2 grip
M4 stock
carbine rail with vert grip
standard detachable carry handle
included charger
adjustable hop up.

I dont want a plastic piece of junk, as I want to play with it as well.  I will pay up to 150 bucks.

Thanks for the help and if there is anything I should have/not have with airsoft, please clue me in.

SzUrGoT
Link Posted: 11/8/2007 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I got my son the SIG 556 off of ebay for 35 bucks plus 12 for shipping. Had 2 mags, charger, battery, foregrip, sling, and SILENCER! Nice!
Link Posted: 11/8/2007 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#2]
For a decent electric rifle in that price range, you will almost certainly be buying a Chinese copy of a Japanese or Taiwanese AEG.

If that's ok with you, and you want all the things listed, I would most likely get an Echo1 brand gun, which uses a plastic receiver but does come with a warranty and is decent as far as the Chinese guns go.

How's this look to you? You can also get a sidefolder version, or one that has a non-ris forend but uses a detachable carry handle, which you wanted, rather than a flipup sight.

If you are willing to buy from overseas you can get one with a metal receiver, but you're out of luck if it arrives broken.

Personally I would just settle for a pistol or other type of gun or go a little higher in price, but this is, I realize, for an 8 yr old.
Link Posted: 11/8/2007 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#3]
man, check eghey! they have all metal shit for $79!
Link Posted: 11/8/2007 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#4]
THIS is the closest one I have found.  Only the stock and sight are different.
Link Posted: 11/8/2007 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#5]
That DBoys will do. Keep in mind that metal means cast pot metal. Since you may be playing the lottery with the Chinese stuff like that one, it's a good idea to test it out a lot during the warranty period the retailer is offering.

Get some decent quality .2g BBs when you buy. If you care to pay for it, a good battery and charger are nice since the ones that are included with guns are adequate but not great.
Link Posted: 11/8/2007 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
For a decent electric rifle in that price range, you will almost certainly be buying a Chinese copy of a Japanese or Taiwanese AEG.

If that's ok with you, and you want all the things listed, I would most likely get an Echo1 brand gun, which uses a plastic receiver but does come with a warranty and is decent as far as the Chinese guns go.

How's this look to you? You can also get a sidefolder version, or one that has a non-ris forend but uses a detachable carry handle, which you wanted, rather than a flipup sight.

www.airsoftatlanta.com/images/echo_one_m4_ris_jpg.jpg

If you are willing to buy from overseas you can get one with a metal receiver, but you're out of luck if it arrives broken.

Personally I would just settle for a pistol or other type of gun or go a little higher in price, but this is, I realize, for an 8 yr old.

Do you have a link for the pic you posted and the other you mentioned?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/8/2007 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#7]
www.airsoftatlanta.com/aeg.htm

Scroll past the high end stuff at the very top and find the 'Echo 1' brand ones.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Is Echo a better brand than Dboys?
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Why don't you just get him a dress and skip the middle-man.

Seriously, 8 years old needs a .22 rifle and some dad time.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Why don't you just get him a dress and skip the middle-man.

Seriously, 8 years old needs a .22 rifle and some dad time.

I am having to ease him into it because of the wife.  Kind of the boiling frog analogy.
I guess that means I should get a dress instead of him, but this way I keep getting laid.  He has plenty of time to work his way up and he has a AR waiting for him in my safe when he does.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Airsoft M249, since he'll never be able to own one.

Hell I want one...
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#14]
at $144.99 this looks dead on as per the other guy's response

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top