Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2001 1:55:39 AM EDT
Hello Everyone,
I thought that I'd show this link to my post in the Colt forum to get a wider audience. I do hope that Colt manages to win back consumers if the company reverses its course from the last few years.

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=63762[/url]

Take care, Mike
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Did I catch this right, Colt barrels aren't chrome lined?
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I know colt is in deep financial trouble. What I don't understand, is why they aren't trying to get back in on the revolver market. The only revolvers thaey make are the anaconda and python which cost about 900 bucks. They should capitalize on the S&W boycott, and start making revolvers that someone can actually afford. They would be able to totally CONTROL the revolver market if they did that. Instead, there pumping there $$ in the "smart gun" crap. like someone's going to buy a pistol with circuits and electronics. Just imagine how much business they would make if they started making pythons for $400.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 4:04:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Man, all of big domestic gun manufacturers screwed us at one time or another, Colt(assualt weapons), S&W(U.S. govt agreement), Ruger(10 rod mags & assualt weapons).  The only ones to hang tough were Baretta, HK, Tarus that I can think of off the top of my head.  Don't expect Colt to be a major force in U.S. commercial gun manufacturing as they are barely keeping their head above water.  
all of the people that used to work their are long gone to other things.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Colt firearms company is dead, dead, dead. They just haven't been buried yet.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#5]
That is a damn shame.  How much are Benelli M1 Tactical Shotguns going for??

Benjamin
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top