Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2001 2:01:09 PM EDT
Anyone here being hit hard by the current economic state?  My wife was one of the first to be layed off back in November.  Sucks because I was gonna buy a new AR and that new 300WSM in the Browning A bolt.  Oh well maybe next year.......
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine started in Oct when the Co. I worked for for 30 years went belly up.  I'd have to say the downturn seems more like a nose dive from where I'm sitting.  Oh well, I still have a couple more months of unemployment and then I think the Harleys gonna hit the auction block.
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I am O.K. but what ticks me off is a guy I work with blames it on Bush getting elected!
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess y'all better start reading "Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse".
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jim haughenhoff: I am O.K. but what ticks me off is a guy I work with blames it on Bush getting elected!
View Quote

Asking anybody who sells to manufacturers if you want the truth.  They will tell you the economy has been in the shitter for 2 years now.  It is just now catching up to the rest of the population.
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 7:13:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup, I was working for a web consulting company.  I was laid off last month, so I came out here to Kali to look for work.  Unfortunately, the tech job market is a lot tighter than just a few months ago. Still lookin'...
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#6]
The only effect this downturn has had on me so far in on my stock investments. As far as the job, I received a 12% raise last month so I'm not worried about getting a pink slip just yet.
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 3:50:34 AM EDT
[#7]
GW is has done as much to bring the economy down as Klinton did to "bring it up".
What really happened is the Reagan tax cuts.  That little thing in '92 was nothing and the economy was already on the upswing by mid October of that year, just like the economy has gone down somewhere around September or October
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 4:02:23 AM EDT
[#8]
My service business has dropped off by 30%. Just had the worst month in 3 years.
Yeah, Bush will get the blame and the media won't say anything to correct it. If anyone thinks cutting interest rates will fix things, look at Japan. Their interest rate has been cut down to .75% and they're still in a recession.
Hope everyone has a little money set aside. There'll probably be some AR's going cheap by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 6:37:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Our company has had much lower sales, especially in Europe. I think the downturn is coming, but I have been retreating from equities since the Y2K scare. Those in a cash posistion will be in good shape, especially those who like to buy used firearms. Ammo prices should go down as the Dot.Com warehouses try to liquidate merchandise.
One man's sorrow is another man's opportunity.
[8D]
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Nosheep Laid me off last night !! But I new it was coming we are slow at work and being union we all get it unless you have cherioo lips pork mouth or just plain suck!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top