Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/23/2001 6:43:00 PM EDT
does anyone want to start a collection to help her get another AR?  It was bad enough to get the pink slip, but then have her Preban Colt AR Stolen, and not have the money to get another. Mabye one of the mods could help and collect the money, and mabye someone could sell a rifle to the cause at a reasonable price.

Just a thought to help out a fellow member.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#1]
that sucks that's sad. i could give her some emotional support. i have a whole caring senstitve side that hardly anyone evr sees, only girls i like, which so far has only been one.

i won't do anything weird, just want to help.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought it would be nice to help her out in response to her recent problems :)
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#4]
That really sux. Let's keep this one at the top for a while.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Phil is correct - insurance should provide, that's what it's for...
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Excuse me?  First off, how was it 'stolen'?  Was it due to negligence on her part or did someone actually break into her home?

Secondly, I lost my job yesterday.  I bet a whole lot more people are going to be let-go in the near future.  Want to take up a collection for me too?

I just can't help the sarcasm.  [:X*]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:02:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey, I don't have an AR, and I can't afford one yet, I want a fucking collection to.

God I hate beggers.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:33:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey, I don't have an AR, and I can't afford one yet, I want a fucking collection to.

God I hate beggers.
View Quote

OMG! WTF are you doing here then...
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:15:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

God I hate beggers.
View Quote

Uhhhhhhh.. I never saw anyone begging for anything.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:28:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:28:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

God I hate beggers.
View Quote

No AR15... but 241 post... about what?

Only thing worse than a beggar is a hoarder
Anyhow the dude wasnt begging...just reaching out.
I carry insurance for these kind of situations as do most that own these expensive weapons.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:58:09 AM EDT
[#13]
So did they steal the safe it was in or break into it?  If the gun was not in a safe when not being used, she deserved to have it stolen.  It is irresponsible gun owners like this that will F it up for all of us.  Either put your shit in a safe or sell it.  A great gun safe costs as much as a good gun.  There is no excuse not to have one, other than being a irresponsible gun owner.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:06:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:07:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Interesting how inconsistent some people are. AR50Troll, seems like you forgot to ask Coltshooter if his buddy had his guns in a safe before they were stolen in Omaha. In fact, most of the posts were either supportive of the guy who lost several guns, or negative towards police and how they do their jobs. Funny how none of that shows up here. Yeah, I know the guy just moved into his new home, into a new neighborhood, with strangers hanging outside, what sounds like, well past midnight. Then he leaves the home vacant for a while. No one seemed to bring up the fact that he didn't seem to take any precautions under those circumstances.
Some of the folks here...well, let's just say I don't carry much respect for the ones bashing AR15-gal right now. I agree that a safe should be your first purchase. But I'm  sure ar50troll would agree,  we don't live in a Utopia.
WSmac
btw, I've reread the posts here and I do acknowledge those showing their support.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:07:31 AM EDT
[#16]
So did they steal the safe it was in or break into it? If the gun was not in a safe when not being used, she deserved to have it stolen. It is irresponsible gun owners like this that will F it up for all of us. Either put your shit in a safe or sell it. A great gun safe costs as much as a good gun. There is no excuse not to have one, other than being a irresponsible gun owner.
View Quote

You are one ignorant jackass.  You need to get the hell of this board.  speaking of a F'up, You are a prime example.  What does the constitution have to say about our gun ownership rights? Oh yeah, I forgot the clause that states you have to keep them in a safe to own them.  I have over 15 guns and I do not own a safe.  I guess I am a irresponsible gun owner.  My family has a heritage of firearm ownership and not one has a dedicated gun safe.  As far as her deserving to have it stolen, you deserve a good ass kicking for posting shit like this.  I guess everyone who has a CRIME commited against them deserves it.  I guess if my wife leaves her gold rings, etc. on the dresser and someone breaks in and takes them, she deserved it.  I have heard some ignorant things on this board, but this takes the cake.  The reason this post was started was to offer help to a fellow member who seems to have had a BIG stroke of bad luck.  Obviously this post has brought out the true colors of some individuals on this board.  

Chris Williams
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:14:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Whoa!  This one needs to stop right here!  Chris, I appreciate the gesture.  You're very sweet and I am touched by your concern.  But there are a lot of folks on this board who have lost their jobs recently, and/or have had much worse happen to them than having an AR stolen.  

If any of you out there are looking for a cause to donate to, let me remind you of our brothers in New York.  As far as I know, their fund is still coming up short.  [url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=52745[/url]
That is a MUCH more worthy cause.

Whoever tacked this, would you please un-tack it?  I'm fine, and will only get better.  Thanks, but let's move on.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:32:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:33:24 AM EDT
[#19]
will gladly donate $20 to cause if insurance is no help.
C'mon, guys, what happened to "we're all in this together", etc. I know some are on hard times right now but we only need a small number of members to help out here. Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:34:35 AM EDT
[#20]
AR-15GAL... You have a lot of class!! and i mean that.....pat
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:35:20 AM EDT
[#21]
AR-15gal,

1. Are you married?

2. Happily?

3. Do you like married men?

Edited because I can think faster than I can type.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#22]
How about posting the serial # so we can check the next gun show?
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:41:51 AM EDT
[#23]
I'll pony up $30 to help her out.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:53:46 AM EDT
[#24]
my email address is posted now. Let me know if we're going to do something here. I'm pretty busy over the next couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So did they steal the safe it was in or break into it?  If the gun was not in a safe when not being used, she deserved to have it stolen.  It is irresponsible gun owners like this that will F it up for all of us.  Either put your shit in a safe or sell it.  A great gun safe costs as much as a good gun.  There is no excuse not to have one, other than being a irresponsible gun owner.
View Quote

There are certain logistical reasons why everyone can't own a safe. I live in an apartment complex, on the third floor. Having a slab and 1000-lb+ safe is just not in the cards.

That said, I don't feel I am any less of a responsible gun owner. I would bet that I'm more conscious of where my trigger finger is and what my [b]muzzle covers[/b] than alot of AR15.commers, you included. I don't have children, and for those few few times when I have visitors that do, I make special arrangements for my collection. Those assholes who walk around the range holding a pistol, trigger-finger-on, probably own safes, too.

If someone breaks into my pad? Well, if I'm home, [b]game on[/b], my friend. If I'm out? Well, first I have an alarm system. Second, I pay a premium to insure all my guns and accessories. I have a list on file with my provider that is itemized to the sling swivel.

AR15-Gal, I am sorry for your loss, and your recent unemployment. Life happens, assholes will be assholes, and if you're ever in TN you are welcome to shoot any of my firearms.

havoc

Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:32:49 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm with EdAvilaSr here.

AR15Gal is a class act. You have my sympothy for your recent hard times but more importantly you have my respect!!

Eddie Wood
VA

May God bless FDNY and let Bin Laden burn in hell.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Whoa!  This one needs to stop right here!  
Whoever tacked this, would you please un-tack it?  I'm fine, and will only get better.  Thanks, but let's move on.
View Quote

I hope your heard that round of applause AR-15Gal.

I love a class act.
Thank you.

Jack
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I suppose if she was wearing makeup and a short skirt you'd be telling us how she deserved to get raped, too. Ignorance.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think deserved is right to say but you are playing a game of chance if you don't have a safe. All the rest  you say I think is true but she did not deserve having her gun stolen. But let's hope it taught her a lesion that she won't forget.

I'm sorry AR-15gal that you had your gun stolen and everything and I mean no flame on you or anything like that. I hope they find your rifle soon before it is used in a crime and when you get it back I know now you might think about getting a safe.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#30]
tayous1,

Now that is a polite way to gripe.  I don't necessarily agree with you but nonetheless your gripe is well received.  For some people it is not feasible to have a safe, like someone else has already stated.  I live on the third floor of an apartment complex and this isn't very convenient when your talking about a gun-safe.  I have all of my guns insured, and I have the serial numbers recorded.  Mabye when I move into a house I will get a safe, but to refer to anyone that does not have a safe as an irresponsible gun owner is ignorance.  I did talk to AR15-gal, and she has a $1000 deductible so that won't be of much help.  But she is hoping that the NRA gun insurance that comes with mebership will be able to help.  I think it would be a nice thing to do to help her out. Even if the $1000 of NRA insurance money comes through it will not buy another Pre-Ban Colt.  Why not help a person out?  

Chris Williams
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#31]
She certainly has my sympathies, but it's just not practical to ask for a donation except for those members who have hit REALLY hard times.  I also lost my job, however, I would be embarrassed if somebody was holding out the cup for me.

AR15GAL, I hope you get a better job, and your AR is recovered.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#32]
It won't buy her a new pre-ban, but it's a start.  I see SP1's for sale in good condition for ~$1100.  Not perfect, but better than nothing.  Still, the situation sucks.  I don't have a safe because I cannot afford one right now, and can barely afford the AR.  However, it looks like we may be getting one when my new contract comes through.  Got to have a place to put my M16 when I get it. [:D]  Of course, even that is wishful thinking, as the contract is not set in stone yet.

I was laid off in March of this year, 3 days after my son was born.  Since then, I've had 4 jobs including the one I'm at now.  Now is not a good time to be unemployed, but it could always be worse.  As my wife constantly reminds me, they can take away everything I own, but they can't take away what really matters to me.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#33]
chris_williams,

Is the victim by chance an NRA member?  NRA membership includes some gun theft insurance.

BTW - My gun collection is covered as unscheduled personal property under my homeowner's insurance policy as well as the NRA policy.  Many renters' policies would cover firearms as well.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks everybody for the positive support.  Mabye my post was more of a gesture of kindness than one of practicality.  I do hope that the NRA can help her out.  I realize that many people are in a tight spot around here right now, and my sympathies are with you all.  AR15-gal has in no way asked for this posting, I did it out of kindness, not to embarress her or "hold out the cup" and beg for her (I'll leave the begging for the TV evangalists).  You guys are some great people (with few troll exceptions).  

Chris Williams
[:D]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#35]
From reading these posts, it sounds like the person who started this thread is the one who needs to understand that each of us need to account for our own actions and destiny in life. It sounds like she does. If anyone is concerned about losing their firearms, get insurance. Panhandling is against the LAW.

OT, what's the difference between antiUSSA and USSA?
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#37]
From reading these posts, it sounds like the person who started this thread is the one who needs to understand that each of us need to account for our own actions and destiny in life. It sounds like she does. If anyone is concerned about losing their firearms, get insurance. Panhandling is against the LAW.
View Quote

Well I guess you are referring to me.  And my response is for you to get a life.  I certainly realize that everyone is accountable for their own actions.  I am not some left wing liberal freak who thanks that the poor and oppressed, or the black man or any minority for that matter should get a hand-out.  However, on the other hand I do beleive in the christian principle of brotherly love.  I do not want my taxes going to this, but would rather my community do this through other means.  Offering a hand in a time of need is not such a bad thing.  Oh yeah, I almost forgot how everyone who has a crime commited against them is indirectly responsible for it (we are responsible for out actions).  That is a great argument.  "Your honor, my client was taunted with belongings by the plaintiff.  So therefore it is his fault that he was robbed."  What kind of screwed up logic is this?  I can't believe the kind of shit-brained ideas come out of some of you people.  With this logic If you were mugged then the doctors would look at you and say, "Well it was your fault so we don't think you deserve any attention, besides its your destiny."  And as far as your panhandling BS, Most AR15 members on here are like family, and the definition of panhandling is "To approach strangers and beg for money or food." You are a visitor to this board in my opinion not a member. If you were you would view these people here as freinds.  We shoot together, discuss things together, And sypathize with each other.  Helping each other out is not panhandling.  Try investigating a word before using it there einstein.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Just for the record. I don't want your help on anything. It's not your responsibility to take care of me. If I decide I want to sell all my guns I have to buy a Bicycle or something that is where my priorities lie. Please don't offer to send me anything or ask others to do the same.

Hey guys I just screwed up big time and it cost my ownership of my only transferable M16. Now if anyone wants to loan me about $6000 at low interest I would be interested in that deal.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude, you give all gun owners a bad name.  We have respect for everybody from the guy/gal with the belt-fed in their Liberty safe to the guy/gal with the SKS in their closet.  Elitest shit like this we can do without because it's "IRRESPONSIBLE"!!!  [flame]

ARGAL- My condolences, nice guns are hard to come by, but we KNOW you will recover.  Sounds like you've got a lot of friends on this board; it also sounds like your a class act, so you can count me as one of them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
does anyone want to start a collection to help her get another AR?
View Quote

NOPE! Sounds like a SCAM to ME!

DaMan
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#41]
AR15-gal, I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your job and your rifle. I think you showed a hell of a lot of class tonight, don't listen to the negative people here most of us really do care. Please let us know how the NRA insurance works out, I've been a member for many years and always wondered if it was really any good. God Bless.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
does anyone want to start a collection to help her get another AR?  It was bad enough to get the pink slip, but then have her Preban Colt AR Stolen, and not have the money to get another. Mabye one of the mods could help and collect the money, and mabye someone could sell a rifle to the cause at a reasonable price.

Just a thought to help out a fellow member.
View Quote

Of COURSE, she's got a case number from her local Police Departement we can refere to????!!!!!

Just curious!  DaMan

IF NOT....... THIS IS A FRIGGIN SCAM!
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, or being on a budget and living in a GD apartment that ain't big enuff for two people, much less a safe. Think about that before you lump everyone who doesn't fit into your narrow definition of responsible into your little mold, Jagoff.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Of COURSE, she's got a case number from her local Police Departement we can refere to????!!!!!

Just curious!  DaMan

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#45]
No, however he was asking for a collection, hoping that the "brother in arms" fund would come into play here.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#46]
OK, we need to start a gift registry for AR15Gal, like for weddings.  DPMS or Bushmaster, some place of her choice.

And each of us send her one part and $1 toward purchase of the lower.  Then, when she gets all her parts, she can put it together...

Well, it was just a thought.

I get these short circuits at times...
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:09:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just curious!  DaMan

View Quote
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Some of YOU GUYS suck some SERIOUS ASS!

You'll believe ANY SHIT you're fed!

If AR15GAL can provide us with the Serial #  and the Case #, that would help a lot tracing her "stolen" AR!

DaMan
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top