Jeez, whens that coming out?

Ditto.

Tagged for response.
Link Posted: 10/26/2007 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
'Nother want-one-of-those here.
Link Posted: 10/26/2007 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#3]
uh, you just built beat my mk11 clone that was on the boards for a build....

Holy shit.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 2:24:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I was wondering why LWRC changed their name - makes sense now. Thanks for the info!

What abhorrent behavior from someone who is supposed to represent their company; especially one that is so high profile.

At any rate, the name change was pretty clever. They were able to keep the acronym and didn't even have to change their website or anything!
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 3:43:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I don't know what service was like at LWRC before the original name sake left but I purchased one of their M6A2 16" piston uppers about two months ago.

The company was great to deal with and took care of me 100%. They had a small issue with shipping.. a quick call and I was taken care of. They also threw me a couple of extras for the mishap. I'm very pleased with the service and as for the rifle....

Her name is Irene and she wears Troy BUIS now and a couple more KAC rail covers.
The upper is on a POF GenII billet lower with a Vltor stock

Only had this rig out to 100yards but its a tack driver.
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nothing like a .308/7.62, piston driven, side charging, billet uppered, billet lowered, billet railed, DPMS/SR25 mag taking rifle to make one lust for final production pics.

Did I mention you will be able to turn a knob on the gas block to turn it into a straight pull bolt gun for use with subsonic or supersonic ammo with a suppressor?

www.lwrifles.com/sabrr/sabrrec3.jpg
www.lwrifles.com/sabrr/sabrrec4.jpg

So in other words they are reinventing the FAL by mixing it with AR parts? There are a few AR features I'd love to see mixed into an FAL so it my be promising but from a civy standpoint it may make the rifle more expensive than it is worth.

Link Posted: 10/29/2007 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#7]
How is LWRC as a company, with out this guy?
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#8]
The question is, will it take a NFA registered "drop in" sear?
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Will the company sell extra operation parts?  I'm interested, but concern about buying
a specialized weapon from a small company without spare parts.
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 3:46:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I wish someone would make a 308 type AR that works reliably with standard FAL or M14 mags..Bushmasters 308 failed and that wouldnt work reliably with the FAL mags it was designed for..M14 mags work modified or now they have production ones to work with the Armalite AR10...whats needed is a design that works with cheaper readily available mags.The SR25 mags are like the DPMS 308 mags I believe and those are $36 to $40 a piece...that will make it truly worth buying.
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#11]
The .308 platform, looks to be a cross between a AR and FAL design...probably taking the best of what both platforms has to offer.

With all of that billet, those suckers are going to cost some $$$$
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I wish someone would make a 308 type AR that works reliably with standard FAL or M14 mags..Bushmasters 308 failed and that wouldnt work reliably with the FAL mags it was designed for..M14 mags work modified or now they have production ones to work with the Armalite AR10...whats needed is a design that works with cheaper readily available mags.The SR25 mags are like the DPMS 308 mags I believe and those are $36 to $40 a piece...that will make it truly worth buying.

Forget about FAL mags ever going into a rotating bolt weapons, it a shit idea that got dropped for good reason.

Link Posted: 10/29/2007 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#13]
It doesnt have to be a multilugged design..im sure a rotating bolt can be designed that will work with the chosen magazine maybe thats the problem in 308 ARs who says it has to mimick the 5.56 bolt.Im sure a bolt can be designed with an acomodating extension to work with a given mag.
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
How is LWRC as a company, with out this guy?

Because he has not owned the company for about 4 years. The new management team along with a group of investors own the company. This guys removal and the renaming/restructuring of the company has increased confidence in the market place and productivity within LWRC  (Land Warefare Resource Company).

In the past year I have:
1) Designed and put into production our 8" 6.8 SPC PSD platform (which recently kicked some major ass in a offical trial/study)

2) Completely redesigned (from a clean slate) and built LRIP's of the IAR submission.
(Some notable features: Open bolt/Closed bolt operation, mid-length piston system, adjustable gas block with windage adjustable BUIS, hammer forged barrels)

3) Redesigned the Advance Combat Bolt (Gen II) and resumed it's production.

4) Designed the 7.62 SABR family of rifles which we are currently prepping for production.

5) Currently designing LWRC rifles with/for two highly respected instructors/shooting schools, to be released around SHOT Show.

LWRC IAR with Bayo and ACOG

Hammer Forged 4150 CMV Poly-Rifled 1-7 twist barrel blank scrap (Note: The nice and evenly spaced hammer marks on exterior)

IAR with rail mounted M203 and AimPoint optics

View through AimPoint COMPM4... AimPoint 3X magnifier swung to the left out of the way by using a LaRue LT649 mount

View of IAR with ARM-R top panel removed

Close-up of Radial fluted heavey barrel and front sight block

Another view of barrel and front sight block assembly (Note: windage adjustment, gas adjustment knob, folding front sight and bayo-lug)

Paul Howe shooting our 6.8 PSD
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 9:29:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow, it really looks like you guys have been making all the right moves.

Fricken Awesome!

Tell me about that bolt, it looks remarkably similar to the LMT enhanced bolt, specifically the lobster tail extractor.  Some kind of partnership?
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Wow, it really looks like you guys have been making all the right moves.

Fricken Awesome!

Tell me about that bolt, it looks remarkably similar to the LMT enhanced bolt, specifically the lobster tail extractor.  Some kind of partnership?

The bolt looks similar but is different in many aspects. These differences have been confirmed by Carl Lewis himself and also have a Pat. Pending.

A few notable design specs:

Angle in which the springs rest (one bolts spring arangement is radial to the center line, the other has them perpendicular)

Ours uses buffered springs

Our springs are captive within the bolt body

Fully supported bolt face

No undercut on the two lugs on either side of the extractor

No stress relieving notches in the lugs. Our Gen I units had a larger notch that was dead center within the lugs. This design caused feeding issues in some rifles.

Agressive extractor claw design.

Shot Peened

Certified by a CIP approved proof house

High nickel content, thus no need for potective surface treatment/plating

Link Posted: 10/29/2007 11:05:42 PM EDT
[#17]
quote snipped-aimless

DAMN!!!! i am going to be so broke next year!

Link Posted: 10/29/2007 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for quoting all of that for your brilliant & insightful one line reply.
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Members of the staff here at LWRC had a sneaking suspicion that member "Moose" on this forum was actually Paul Leitner-Wise. This has been confirmed, more on this later in this post.

It appears he has been operating on almost all of the other firearms forums under the name bgoddin. His alias this time is Brian Goddin, a supposed General Dynamic's executive/consultant. Of course, GD has no such person. I almost wished they did. Other than his public posts, he has been up to alot of funny business by PM/IM on the various boards, and those have been streaming in to us here. If he has duped you into a conversation, we would appreciate you forward copies of your communication with him to me ([email protected]). This guy needs to go to jail for good. I am so disappointed in our legal system thus far. It seems they do not care much about white collar criminals like PLW.

Funny enough, most comments I get is "how can this guy be that stupid to do this AGAIN from his home IP address." The answer is he thinks everybody else is too stupid to figure it out.

The IP address is 76.21.179.50  When you search the location for the IP, the little yellow pin interestingly almost sticks out of the roof of his house. I passed on the IP to AR15.com and the IP is a match for PLW's shill accounts as the USSOCOM officer hipfired gun, and the other shill accounts he set up. It appears as though this zebra cannot change his stripes and continues to con, manipulate, decieve people, and get himself in trouble. That is his choice....he will surely wear a uniform with stripes on it one day if he continues to engage in these types of activities.

I thought you guys deserved to know. He has been communicating with members on other boards like the famed "loomis farms" filling his angry head with bullshit information. He has manipulated others in industry. The reading has been enjoyable.

Please send us your famous PLW/Moose IM's.

What is he doing/trying to do?
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 4:29:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Jesse:

I remember seeing something about this bolt a while back, but I was unable to find the thread, so I assumed that I must have been thinking about the LMT bolt. Thanks for bringing this back to light.

I'm curious, though: which bolt has the recesses for the extractor springs machined parallel, and which one has them machined along a radial axis? It was unclear to me from your description.

Is this bolt available on its own, or only as a feature of your weapon system? Are replacement parts readily available?

The apparent endorsement of your product by Paul Howe speaks volumes.

Link Posted: 10/30/2007 5:39:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Hopefully there wil be at least a 16" version. 7.62mm out of a 12" barrel sucks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 5:46:33 AM EDT
[#22]
12, 16, and 20 inch versions of the SABR will be available.
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Good deal, 16" or 20" will be the ticket. Are you going to be able to buy an upper? For example, say one purchased a 16" rifle and also wanted a 20" upper to switch out, would the 20" upper be available independent of a lower?
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Eventually it should be.  Might even be 18" uppers available.  Much is still in the air over there.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#25]
you guys know if those handguards are available for purchase to fit AR15s and DPMS 308s??
Link Posted: 11/4/2007 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Jesse,

Can you give some details about the handguard.  How does it disassemble to allow removal/cleaning of the piston?

Those 7.62 rifles look awesome....can't wait to own a few!

Link Posted: 11/5/2007 11:48:15 AM EDT
[#27]
And I remember when Grenadier Precision was formed to make rails and scope mounts for FALs.
Link Posted: 11/5/2007 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Nothing like a .308/7.62, piston driven, side charging, billet uppered, billet lowered, billet railed, DPMS/SR25 mag taking rifle to make one lust for final production pics.

Did I mention you will be able to turn a knob on the gas block to turn it into a straight pull bolt gun for use with subsonic or supersonic ammo with a suppressor?

www.lwrifles.com/sabrr/sabrrec3.jpg
www.lwrifles.com/sabrr/sabrrec4.jpg

Well ONE good thing to come from all this bullshit is that I never heard of LWRC until today - and I LIKES that .308!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top