Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2001 4:51:17 PM EDT
For the last few years I've been having these white marks appear on all of my finger nails.

I am extreamly compulsive about how they look (my nails), and I'm finally fed up with them. I just kept hoping they would go away.

WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY FROM?!?! How do I make them go away, for good.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats calcium buildup.......or AIDS
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Well are they lines? I do not think they are lines because in anthropology they use the lines to determine serious illness. When you get very ill your nails stop growing and the anthropologists count these "rings" to determine how many times the subject has been ill(like counting the rings on a tree). So If you were very ill as a child a few times this could be the cause.

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#4]
fungus.No kidding,harmless though.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I have read a couple of health mag articles that seem to indicate the spots are due to a zinc deficiency.  Not a Dr., but might be worth looking in to.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#6]
No, they are random marks. Each time they grow out, more appear, or more appear as another one is growning out.

They are all unique in shape and size.

I see people with them all the time.

If it is a calcuim build up, how do I get rid of them?
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#7]
May be nail psoriasis. Do you have other skin problems? Any family history of psoriasis, etc. Pic would be helpful but I'd rec a dermatologist to evaluate as you seem pretty concerned about this.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#8]
iron deficiency....take two vitamins. dont worry.. call me in the a.m.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:28:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Possibly a deficiency of selenium and amino acids. Can't remember which ones. a long time ago I went to a Dr. for allerdies and he mentioned the lines in my fingernails and reccommended the above.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For the last few years I've been having these white marks appear on all of my finger nails.

I am extreamly compulsive about how they look (my nails), and I'm finally fed up with them. I just kept hoping they would go away.

WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY FROM?!?! How do I make them go away, for good.
View Quote

Floater,

Try this:

[url]http://www.support4hope.com/Support_Groups.html[/url]

You never did tell us your MOS.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#11]
"They are all unique in shape and size"

O thats nice, like a snow fake[:)]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#12]
[b]
Quoted:
I have read a couple of health mag articles that seem to indicate the spots are due to a zinc deficiency.  Not a Dr., but might be worth looking in to.  
View Quote
[/b]

This is what I understand them to be as well,a Zinc deficiency.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"They are all unique in shape and size"

O thats nice, like a snow fake[:)]
View Quote

Ahhhhh  How cuuuuuuuuute!!!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#14]
If you hit the framing nail, insted of your finger nail, they will go away.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Time to buy some Zinc...

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top