Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2001 2:39:42 PM EDT

hp: "People who shoot competition miss about 50% of what pratical accuracy with a service rifle means."

for the fall, winter, and into the spring. "practical accuracy" is what i'd like to concentrate on. i want to develop with a 16" a2 iron sight to an above average level before getting involved with any of that scopes, jackets and long distance stuff.

any benchmarks? drills? thoughts on what PA means?
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, you tryin' to get these guys to rip me a new one?

I was just pointin' out my pet peeve that Service Match competition has gone a bit too far towards MATCH and bit far from SERVICE.

I can assure you that no one in the service (Infantry at least) would have anything nice to say about a 16 pound AR.

As far as your qual questions the Army and I think the Marines both qualify on human silouettes that pop up for timed exposures measured in seconds.  A hit anywhere counts.  I have the Army Qual standards at home but would have to look them up.  

The standards required day and night qualification as well as a qual wearing the mask.

I've shot on a Marine course out to 500 yards (or is it meters) with a 16 Shorty AK with a Reflex and find I have about a 50% hit probabilty on the 500 y/m target.  

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#2]
yea...didn't you like how i threw your name in the topic....heh heh.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top