Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2001 1:07:41 PM EDT
I've always been under the impression any standard, out of the box AR, be it a pre-ban Colt or postban Bushy or an Armalite, or whatever, should shoot abuot 1.5 moa. Is that correct? I see diffrent specialty versions saying MOA or even 1/2 MOA, but never see any accuracy claims on a standard model. Why's that? Jsut abuot every HK or Sig or Styr is seems gives accuracy claims. Even the Vepr's and M96 give them.

Thanks,
Justin.

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 1:12:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Using standard 55 grain, factory ammo, I think 1.5 MOA is not a bad claim. I don't measure my groups, but they are pretty tight. I can explode pop cans with one shot at 150 yards with a standard Bushmaster AR-15 w/ 20 inch HBAR and an TA01 ACOG, so they are accurate right out of the box.

Av.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
What Justin said...[smoke]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Veering off subject,
what do you guys think about my preference of objects, cans, deer, etc. over targets?

Not .223 on deer, of course.  We have big mulies out here in the Beehive state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top