Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2001 11:01:39 PM EDT
An idea just hit me and I posted it on another thread, but I thought I'd start another one with this idea, and see how it goes over with you folks. Why don't we all pick a military unit of company size (any branch), and write a letter to them expressing our support. Then, carry it around for a few days and show it to everyone you happen to meet, and ask them if they would like to sign it, or add something to it themselves. Then, send it to the unit, c/o the CO, asking said CO to read it to the unit at a formation, or post it on the unit's CQ desk/Quarterdeck or whatever. Sounds corny as all hell, I know, but stuff like that does have an impact, especially if they see a few pages of signature/comments.                        [edited to correct the spelling of "Quarterdeck"-GEEZ, what a dumbass I can be]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Id get in on that. good idea why didn't I think of that [:D]
Gary
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:21:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:23:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#5]
DVD tracker do you know who replied I guarded that squadron of a-10's in Kuwait in 1995

john
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:30:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Greetings board members.  As a Navy Pilot currently overseas, I love reading the boards and know of your support for us.  Unfortunately, the Anthrax mailings have put a stop to all the "any servicemember" mailings.  Here is a story about it in the Pacific Sars and Stripes [url]http://ww2.pstripes.osd.mil/01/oct01/ed102101c.html[/url]

You all take care, and God Bless America.

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:32:51 AM EDT
[#7]
ketchumj thanks for all your work I am vet myself and my father flew the f4 if you need anything sent to you while you are away let us know

john
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:38:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't mean addressed to "any servicemember." I mean addressed to a specific unit, care of the Commander. Getting in touch with the PAO may be of some help. [I sent an E-mail to the 1st Cav Div PAO asking about the possibility in light of the Anthrax threat, and maybe sending it to THEM, and let them forward it to the unit. I'll let ya know.....]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 1:26:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I think it is a great Idea.  But instead of any serviceman.  Send it to some one you know.  C'on folks there over 10,000 men in the Mountain division that is serving in that H -Hole right know.  I will bet everyone knows some one that is in the service- a friend of a friend- or some ones son.  Good news also travels fast and good news from home even faster. Let everyone know this country stands behind out President and our armed forces.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top