Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2001 9:28:09 PM EDT
In Switzerland, when you're 18, don't they issue you an M16, and 100 rounds of ammo???

Thanks..
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:33:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
In Switzerland, when you're 18, don't they issue you an M16, and 100 rounds of ammo???

Thanks..
View Quote

Knowing all the other things you have been wrong about...I betting yes! Just doesn't make sence in any way, shape, or form.

Sgtar15

This is my [b]AIrsoft[/b]rifle, there are many like it, but this one is [b]Kalifornia[/b] legal.
[img]http://www.redstorm.com/images/m16_inv.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks..
View Quote

Knowing all the other things you have been wrong about...I betting yes! Just doesn't make sence in any way, shape, or form.

Sgtar15

This is my [b]AIrsoft[/b]rifle, there are many like it, but this one is [b]Kalifornia[/b] legal.
[img]http://www.redstorm.com/images/m16_inv.gif[/img]
View Quote

Name one thing i've been wrong about, sunshine. Not just my opionion, because that is just that, an OPIONION. No right or wrong.

I believe it was this board where I read that about the Swiss. people.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Name one thing i've been wrong about, sunshine.
View Quote

I don't think you need a comma after M16. [;D]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#4]
HE HO HO HA HA!!!!

Besides, how long would 100 rounds last any 18 year old boy/man? [uzi]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Name one thing i've been wrong about, sunshine. Not just my opionion, because that is just that, an OPIONION. No right or wrong.
View Quote

Your opinions about the flag are wrong, and I it nighttime right now.  That makes three counting the coma.

Sgtar15
[img]http://www.tartarus.net/images/signs/hair.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:45:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Name one thing i've been wrong about

the Switz. people.
View Quote

Swiss.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#7]
just answer the fucking question, k?
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:49:13 PM EDT
[#8]
OK. In Switzerland, there is a mandatory Millitary service at age 18.

it isn't like you get out of high school, and they hand you a M16 to take with you for Summer Break.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:50:33 PM EDT
[#9]
What's an OPIONION? Is it like a Walla-Walla?

[url]www.goa-texas.org/swiss-1.htm[/url]

Alex
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:50:42 PM EDT
[#10]
... yes, but not before you complete two years of active duty.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Name one thing i've been wrong about, sunshine.
Not just my opionion, because that is just that, an OPIONION.
View Quote

Name one thing?

Ok, how about that spelling... "OPIONION"

What is an OPI-ONION?  Does that taste good on a burger?
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Not to nit pick, but I think you spelled opinion wrong too.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry, just giving you a hard time. But yes, the Swiss do give everyone a M16 and a battle pack of ammo(300rnds).  However, it is [i]after[/i] they serve the mandatory two years of military service!!  They consider [i]everyone[/i] members of a national front line defense perimiter force.  They are also required to keep them maintained and practice and their homes year round.

Sgtar15
Then again...I could just be making this all up[;)]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:53:48 PM EDT
[#14]
From
[url]http://www.ssanz.org.nz/articles/swiss.html[/url]

Today, military service for Swiss males is universal. At about age 20, every Swiss male goes through 118 consecutive days of recruit training in the Rekrutenschule. This training may be a young man's first encounter with his countrymen who speak different languages. (Switzerland has four official languages: German, French, Italian and Romansch.)

Even before required training begins, young men and women may take optional courses with the Swiss army's M57 assault rifle. They keep that gun at home for three months and receive six half-day training sessions.

From age 21 to 32, a Swiss man serves as a "frontline" troop in the Auszug, and devotes three weeks a year (in eight of the 12 years) to continued training. From age 33 to 42, he serves in the Landwehr (like America's National Guard); every few years, he reports for two-week training periods. Finally, from ages 43, to 50, he serves in the Landsturm; in this period, he only spends 13 days total in "home guard courses."

Over a soldier's career he also spends scattered days on mandatory equipment inspections and required target practice. Thus, in a 30-year mandatory military career, a Swiss man only spends about one year in direct military service. Following discharge from the regular army, men serve on reserve status until age 50 (55 for officers).

Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#15]
And another:

[url]http://www.guncite.com/tpgswiss.html[/url]

Switzerland requires mandatory military service for its men, but there is only a small standing army. The Swiss rely upon a militia system for defense of the confederation, and because of this, ownership of all types of military weapons is more widespread even than in the United States. The front line troops of the_Auszug_must keep their fully-automatic military assault rifle and seventy-two rounds of sealed ammunition at home during their term of service from age 21-32. The current issue militia weapons are the SIG Sturmgewehr 90 (.223) and SIG Sturmgewehr 550/551 (.223) assault rifles, and the SIG-Sauer P220 9mm semi-automatic pistol. Even after their service in the _Auszug,_Swiss men still remain part of the militia, either in a home guard (_Landwehr_), or reserve capacity (_Landsturm_) until age 42 (52 for officers).
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:15:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:17:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I thought it was the sig 550 not the M16

john
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:23:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted: Not to mention that Swiss citizens can buy anything the government uses (as long as they can afford it), including tanks, artillery, AAA, etc.

View Quote

Even fighter aircraft?
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:25:51 AM EDT
[#19]
funny,  how a government that trusts it's citizens acts
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top