Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2001 8:26:37 PM EDT
Anybody else listen to the Savage Nation?  This guy is pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You bet !!! and his bumper music is the best [:D]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh Yeah, every night on the way home from work. He was really up tonight.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm kind of lukewarm to Savage.  Sometimes I think he needs to buy more tin foil, and other times I think he couldn't be more right.  My wife heard him for the first time tonight coming back from a late grocery shopping trip, and liked him.

However, I'm not for giving up civil liberties, as he keeps suggesting.  He keeps mentioning that he'd gladly give up civil liberties on the short term to get Bin Laden, but he never states exactly which ones he wants to give up.  I'm personally afraid that they'd look at the Second, Fourth, and Fifth Amendments first, and quite frankly I'm fond of all of them.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#4]
He started out local [url]www.ksfo.com/[/url] and went nationwide awhile ago. He's very passionate and always has an interesting perspective on things. However, soon you figure out that passion and irascible are two different things and one of them I don't have much patience for. He's an odd mixture of the two. I regard him as the crazy uncle of the conservative movement. Glad he's there, just don't take him too seriously. I've heard him spout off about rounding up skinheads before they do anything wrong. Prior restraint, and very unconstitutional. Not everything he advocates is that wrong, actually most I'd support, but not with him in the lead. I usually make it about 20 minutes with him anymore.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oh Yeah, every night on the way home from work. He was really up tonight.
View Quote

Yes, he was "winging" a few times tonight.  I can't beleive the fools that call him.  He just chews them up and spits them out!  If you ever want to get verbally abused...just call Michael and disagree with him....LOL.  

Send all the "red diaper doper babies" to Afghanistan...now!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I tune in whenever hypotension is a problem.[;D]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:10:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 1:11:10 AM EDT
[#8]
The guy is a whining sack of shit.  Er, excuse me, a "whiiiiiiining saaaaaaaack of shit".

Limbaugh can be pompous sometimes, but at least he comes across as having thought through his opinions.  Carlson occasionally gets off on grandstanding, but 99% of the time is trying to engage in an actual dialog.  Medved is just an apologist, and a boring and predictable one at that.  But Savage, the times I've been stuck listening to him, has come across as being 100% for show -- no substance, just says whatever he thinks will piss people off and make him appear the most fascist.

His cooooooooonstant whiiiiiiiining doesn't help his case.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 1:47:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Medved an apologist? For what?
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:17:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
...But Savage, the times I've been stuck listening to him, has come across as being 100% for show -- no substance, just says whatever he thinks will piss people off and make him appear the most fascist.

His cooooooooonstant whiiiiiiiining doesn't help his case.
View Quote

He's just the guy for commute-hour road rage.
Even friendly callers get belittled from time to time.  I think he has some substance, but it's obscured by his bombastic style.  It's interesting that the KSFO A.M. commute-hour host is similarly assholic.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I've found him to be less than honest when it comes to telling the whole story about some of the topics he floats.

He'll quote someone that sounds NWO, pro-immigration, anti-Constitution, Big Govt., etc. A lot of times it turns out Savage is just telling tales out of school to get a reaction, quoting only part of what was said.

When I found that out I just tuned out. Can't tell if what he says is a lie or truth, can't trust him with the truth - he'll twist it for a reaction.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Medved an apologist? For what?
View Quote

Medved and Limbaugh are both apologists for the republican party.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 1:26:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I listen to him and agree with a lot of his thoughts.   REVENGE NOW! Is one of them.
Borders. Language and culture is another.

Check out Laura Ingraham also. She's brilliant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top