Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2001 6:57:48 PM EDT
Get yer mitts on the latest issue of the NRA First Freedom magazine for an article on the Gyrojet pistol. I don't know much about them, but when I saw the article, I thought, "McUzi would dig this."
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife and I got ours today, and I thought of him immediately too.  Neat looking guns.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn. I get the Rifleman.
If anoyne gets finished with thier copy, and doesn't save them, lemme know.

Funny thng about Gyrojets...
It was a totally forgotten concept for the longest time. A few old timers and sci-fi fans knew about them, but really for all intents and purposes, it was an obscurity in gundom.
I went on an insane spam campaign on teh net, hitting every gun board 10 times asking for any and all info-
I built a little ezboard dedicated to Gyros-
I answered a whole lotta questions about them-I contacted former MB Associates scientists- I wrote letters to people, I called people....

And now, all of a sudden, there is a bit of a renewed interest in them. NRA does an article, and Small Arms Review will be doing one soon, featuring pics of the Gyro I traded to a fellow AR15.com'er.... (Who shall remain nameless unless he wants to step out of the shadows [;)]

Monty Mendenhall (From S.A.R.) and I exchanged e-mails a couple of times about Gyro's- Good guy.

I REALLY REALLY need to get my Gyro project completed. I have the design worked out- so I'd better get on the ball with working the bugs out- or else someone else with a lot more money than I have will use that money to put out a Gyro of their own (Which will be a lot shittier than mine- which is a refinement of teh original)
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Damn. I get the Rifleman.
If anoyne gets finished with thier copy, and doesn't save them, lemme know.

Funny thng about Gyrojets...
It was a totally forgotten concept for the longest time. A few old timers and sci-fi fans knew about them, but really for all intents and purposes, it was an obscurity in gundom.
I went on an insane spam campaign on teh net, hitting every gun board 10 times asking for any and all info-
I built a little ezboard dedicated to Gyros-
I answered a whole lotta questions about them-I contacted former MB Associates scientists- I wrote letters to people, I called people....

And now, all of a sudden, there is a bit of a renewed interest in them. NRA does an article, and Small Arms Review will be doing one soon, featuring pics of the Gyro I traded to a fellow AR15.com'er.... (Who shall remain nameless unless he wants to step out of the shadows [;)]

Monty Mendenhall (From S.A.R.) and I exchanged e-mails a couple of times about Gyro's- Good guy.

I REALLY REALLY need to get my Gyro project completed. I have the design worked out- so I'd better get on the ball with working the bugs out- or else someone else with a lot more money than I have will use that money to put out a Gyro of their own (Which will be a lot shittier than mine- which is a refinement of teh original)
View Quote

You sold your Gyro to IMBROGLIO, didn't you?

I remember you making a comment to the effect of "10/22 and .38 my ass".

And I KNOW who Imbroglio also is.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a gun store in Scottsdale that has a Gyro-Jet for sale. I look at it every time I go in there, but never can afford it. Cool looking pistol, though!
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#5]
"A few old timers and sci-fi fans"
View Quote

I learned about them in one of the Bond books.  I think it was a Gardner book, one of the early ones.  I thought it was an interesting concept, and actually saw a picture of one once a long while back.  

Link Posted: 10/22/2001 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Get on the ball and get the gun made.. I know somebody who has a rocket on the way that wants to get shot..
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:54:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Email me with your address and I'll send it off -anthrax free- after I finish going through it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:00:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw them on the history channel a few months ago.  Would be kinda cool to have around.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:02:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't want you guys envious of me but I have one will ammo. My father was a dealer and he always bought any odd ball weapon that came out. Like the Daisy caseless .22.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:26:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey McCarrot,

I just mailed my copy to 'ya.

(I didn't have any packing material to fill the box, so I used some baby powder -- DON'T PANIC -- JUST KIDDING!)

Seriously though..  
I really DID send it out to you.

I expect to get a free McUZI-GyroJet s/n#001 when you go into production!  [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top