Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2001 5:17:57 PM EDT
I have read the thread about torturing the Muslim extremists and detainees for info. I do not think we have to stoop to their level. It would be smarter to turn their extremism against them. Just look back in our own military history for the answer. During the Phillipines Insurrection at the turn of the century, American soldiers were fighting fanatical Muslim extremists who thought nothing of a suicide mission as long as they could kill at least one American soldier (to achieve their martyrdom, go sit by Allah, etc, sound familiar?) When one of the Muslims were captured, interrogations, beatings, and various back room tortures did nothing. The Muslims would not talk, no matter what kind of pain was introduced. An American officer devised a new approach. He went out, found a large pigskin, with head and hair still intact, and brought it into the room with one of the Muslim hard nuts. The officer calmly told the prisoner he had one last chance to talk. If he did not tell him what he wanted to know, he was going to shoot him in the head, wrap his body in the pigskin (a dirty unholy animal to the Muslims), and bury him in the jungle where his family could not find him. The effect on the Muslim prisoners was profound. Hard cases that had withstood marathon beatings without a whimper, suddenly started crying and spilling their guts. They were truly terrified of the prospect of eternity wrapped in the pigskin. They truly believed their soul would be in hell if that happened to them. All we have to do today is find a similar button to push. No torture, and all the info we need.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
That would be nice.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Gen. "Black Jack" Pershing did that. I heard they captured six guys, dug a hole, filled it with pig guts slaughtered in front of them. Then the shot five of them and buried them with the guts.They let the last guy go back and tell his buds.
Problem solved.Not sure how accurate the story is.
BP
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://www.eatonlink.com/main/uploaded/FreakOnALeash/stopbombing.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top