Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2001 5:11:41 PM EDT
I never used to watch Fox news (or CNN for that matter)it was too far down the channels on my dish. I didnt even know who Bill O'Rielly was.
I hated network news, too far left, but where else to get news?
That O'Rielly is a breath of fresh air!I wish his show was longer.
This board has shown me many different ways to find the TRUTH. Freerepublic, Drudge Report, Peggy Noonan, David Hackworth, JFPO, and others.
Thanks to all who've shown the way.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I am very grateful, as someone who recently discovered the Drudge Report thanks to this site.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
A laugh, you guys are hillarious.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 5:53:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have gotton ALOT of laughter, THANKS!
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 5:56:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I come here for the drama...
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:07:00 PM EDT
[#5]
It is nice to know there are other people out there who watch Bill O'Reilly and hate Hillary Clinton.  I thought I was a lone voice in a very loud storm of chaotic, and rampant liberalism.

If only I could find someone else who listens to Neil Diamond...........

[beer]  still my favorite part of posting
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Friends.  During Va shoots and other shoots in nearby states.

Link Posted: 10/22/2001 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I was talking about the time I polished a handgun on the buffing wheel in Jr. high shop class.How things have changed in school so much in so little time.[This was in 1980].

Any way I mentioned how my Dad had encoureged me in doing what I wanted to do at the time.I also mentioned that he had passed away recently.One member told me what a great guy my Dad was.How he would trust his son in refinishing his handgun with no prior experience.Then on top of it take it to school without question.

I'm glad I was able to describe my Dad in such a way,without trying.He was a great guy.I do miss him.

The thread was titled:
What would happen if you did this today.

Or something pretty close to it.I was going to copy the thread to my drive but it vanished.It was a great thread with alot of responses.Ecspeccially that one.I ashamed to admitt I dont remember who the guy was.I do believe he had or was about to become a Dad.
if anyone come across my thread I would be grateful if you emailed me the link.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#8]
This:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=40401[/url]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:52:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I've gotten laughs, good information, and lots of comradery.  While we don't always agree on things, I have respect for most of you.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#10]
As a refugee from the CSP page, I get a lot of laughs, and a lot more than just M1 Garand serial number questions, and headstamp numbers. Who cares?! This board is ten times better, and the people here are not snobs!
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Hmm, in all honesty

Troys Mag FAQ
Maryland AR shooters link
good pix of chix
the drama and laughs
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:08:38 PM EDT
[#12]
1) Knowledge (especially AR-related)
2) Entertainment [:)]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#13]
information lots of information
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I have gotten more from this site, than I will ever be capable of giving back.

Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Things I have gotten from this board:

1. Laughs---I have never met/talked with wittier bunch of people.

2. Information---I have learned [i]everything[/i] possible about the AR15 rifle, and many more firearms.

3. A Virus---but I promised Floater I wouldn't talk about that...besides the [b]Cipro[/b] medication took care of that infection within three weeks

Sgtar15
[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/flash.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:26:00 AM EDT
[#16]
A wealth of AR knowledge,and lots of laughs.And great stuffs on the EEx.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:38:27 AM EDT
[#17]
lots of knowledge, about everything.

relationship advice

laughs

advice on the working world

current events and world issues

oh, yeah, and somtimes, we talk about guns....

just kidding, you guy (and girls, especially girls) are great.

OffRoad
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:47:07 AM EDT
[#18]
A nasty rash that comes back periodically...
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:47:17 AM EDT
[#19]
I have met a lot of really great people at the shoots that I have attended in Texas. I hope to meet more.

I think I realized that I am not as smart as I thought I was.  Most of the people on this board amaze me with their knowledge of almost anything. From medics to pilots to lawyers, you name it and there is an expert in that field here somewhere. Oh yeah, can't forget doctors or whatever it is that ED sr does. I think he sees or saw dead people.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:51:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Well, I am fairly new to the board, but definitly Troys Mag FAQ

Laughs, and like minded people.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:53:37 AM EDT
[#21]
-The reasurance that i'm not the only one that thinks the way i do

-A stronger sense of unity with other shooters all over the US (and the world)

-Lots of great laughs, i never knew how great photoshop was....[:)]

-Tons of great info and knowledge...this was the site i checked on 9-11 to find out the truth as no one around here knew

-Pics of hot women with the flag, in camo, holding guns or with nothing at all [:D]

The sound of police officers and firemen booing HRKlinton gives me a warm feeling
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:59:44 AM EDT
[#22]
AR knowledges....and good laughs.[:)]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:11:42 AM EDT
[#23]
BUMP FIRE FIRE FIIIIIIIRE FIIIIRE FIRE FIIIIING [heavy]

Of course, my neighbors probably think Bump Firing is the Worst thing I have learned from this board.  heheh  [}:D]

TheRedGoat

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:12:52 AM EDT
[#24]
General weapons knowledge and accessory questions. I can't afford to pay $50-100 for some piece of equipment that doesn't work.

Imbroglio's sarcasm. Even funnier than that is the occasional hothead who doesn't realize Imbroglio is being sarcastic and goes off on him.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:54:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:50:41 AM EDT
[#26]
I got a NIB beta-c mag for $40
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Best things:
Learning how to build AR's out of part kits

Learning that guns arent evil

seeing people's arsenals

Worst things:
complete ignorance of islam (well lets face it its not about guns...)
Oh well nothing I say will change you guy's hearts because for all I know you guys think Islam is threat to civilizations, but a number of extreamists in "islamic" countries think that the west is a threat to civilizations as well. So why cant we quit being so ethnocentric and critizise about how Taliban is distorting islam in order to further their political goals instead? I guess you guys are supporting Bush or other politicians when they try to denounce gun control but not when they try and seperate Islam from terrorism... or should I try and cite my source that Islam does not equal terrorism, but what good will that do, since TV speaks louder than truth... Oh well the anti gunners are like that too, they hate guns because the TV tells them to. Oh and by the way nowadays the TV tries to seperate islam from terrorism as well... Im sure the gun control crazy liberals will use attacks on mosques as ammo for gun control, they will probably say "Look at these crazy people attacking mosques, if they hadnt had guns this would have not happened..." Meanwhile I will keep my AR-15 until it gets banned and grandfathered (very likely) and then I can sell them for like 3 times the price I paid for...

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Hitech Ammo

32 lbs of powder for 220 including shipping.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:30:56 AM EDT
[#29]
I learned to build my own lower and get my first AR. Thanks to all of you!

Cheers [beer]

Joe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top