Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2001 10:35:32 AM EDT
I am looking for a shorter stock for a 10/22 ruger I already have a folder but I need one so that my son can shoot this gun. Bullpup maybe I don't know. What do ya think? I have looked at the Crickets and others and just don't like them. He can't really "GROW OUT OF" a 10/22. So I figure it would be a waste of cash for another gun [while I secretly save for the next AR Shorty Perhaps!]Your thoughts! [):)] pg  "  
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Hack off the factory wood stock and get a Hogue stock for you.
Or, buy a used factory stocked rifle for your son so he can have one "just like Dad".  Hack the stock down on that one.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#2]
hey prop....I think I have a factory stock that you could have cheap.....for cutting. Or maybe keep this one stock and cut your old one.
I replaced my stock with a Choate machine tool Dragunov as soon as I got it..
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hack off the factory wood stock and get a Hogue stock for you.
Or, buy a used factory stocked rifle for your son so he can have one "just like Dad".  Hack the stock down on that one.
View Quote
I have a fatory stock now and it's a little long he can't put his shoulder into it and still "get over the gun" Can you legally cut the stock? Thanks for the reply 007. [):)] pg
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
hey prop....I think I have a factory stock that you could have cheap.....for cutting. Or maybe keep this one stock and cut your old one.
I replaced my stock with a Choate machine tool Dragunov as soon as I got it..
View Quote
Hey hound how long or short actually is the dragunov I wonder if that would work? Like I told 007 his arms are to short to reach the trigger and "get over the gun" He loves shootin by the way and pretty damn good at it he will be even better when the old man fixes him up [):)]pg
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Can you legally cut the stock?
View Quote

Yes, as long as you leave enough of a butt for it to be shouldered.  Taking off 4" or so isn't a problem.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm rather fond of my Muzzle lite bullpup stock. Makes the the 10/22 very compact and gives it a kewl 'sci-fi' look. It's a little plasticy fealing, but I reinforced mine with some fiberglass and now I like it alot. It's an easy fix.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 12:16:50 PM EDT
[#7]
www.riflestock.com

not sure about the lenghth...it has spacers that can be removed to make it shorter....
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#8]
btt
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Armed Scientist:
I'm rather fond of my Muzzle lite bullpup stock. Makes the the 10/22 very compact and gives it a kewl 'sci-fi' look. It's a little plasticy fealing, but I reinforced mine with some fiberglass and now I like it alot. It's an easy fix.
View Quote
WHERE DID YA GET IT  [):)]? PG
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:11:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Here is a page for the muzzlelite

http://www.stellarrigs.com/stellarknife/Muzzlelite_Stocks.html
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Here is a page for the muzzlelite

http://www.stellarrigs.com/stellarknife/Muzzlelite_Stocks.html
View Quote
Ijust ordered the bullpup for the 10/22 What did you mean about you added fiberglass to it? Looks very cool and I think just what I need. For him. Thanks [):)]pg
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Armed Scientist:
View Quote

I had one of the bullpup stocks, but didn't really like the sights or how high a scope sat when mounted. I also found it to be less than what I would term accurate. Plus the little trigger bar mechanism didn't work near as well as it would have had it been made of metal. With a little work and some reinforcing it would be a nice little option, I just didn't feel like putting that much time into it, so I sold it at a loss.

Also, for all of you paranoid people out there with the MuzzleLite stocks on your 10/22s.....Take a tape measure to it and measure the overall length of the rifle from the muzzle to the butt of the stock. Now go look up the legal overall length for a rifle that is not a SBR. [shock]

Michael
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Even tho I do not own a bullpup, I have read a lot about them. He probably fiberglass bedded the barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top