Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2001 10:20:01 AM EDT
I'm sure all of you have seen US flags on darn near every car on the road, even in eastern MA there's a pretty high percentage of cars that have them.  I've seen a couple of guy's on Harley's with large flags flying, that was pretty cool.

But the one I saw that almost made me ram the scumbag was this pompous ass displaying a sizeable _UN_ flag in his rear window, with the icing on the cake being the 'Nader/LaDuke' sticker on the bumper...
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#1]
and hereby creating "road rage"
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#2]
As I drove around Florida last week I was saddened to see many US flags laying in the roadway with cars driving over them.
What is the rule, burn the flag if it touches the ground?
I would think, if you want to display the flag do it in a secure way so it can't endup in the dirt.

[:X*]  [:(!]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't seen flags on the ground, seen a few of the cloth car flags with bad cases of wind whip.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Cripes, it could have been my brother! I know he has the Nader sticker (he voted Nader in FL when he lived there, hehe) but I think he probably distrusts the UN. He's so left wing that some of his views are consistent with the right wing. Not enough of them though.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#5]
He doesn't drive a black VW does he? [:D]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:29:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He doesn't drive a black VW does he? [:D]
View Quote

Some kind of station wagon, I think.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I have seen 2 so far being flown on the car's antenna UPSIDE-DOWN!!!  Every time, I'm in a position where I can't follow them.  Because if I was, I'd wait till they parked and cut it off in front of them!!!!

I got the one haging on my antenna (half staff) laying in the road.  I need to get another one though because it is starting to look too ragged.  Its now half the size it was new...

BISHOP
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Most dignitaries ride in limos with little flags on each side of the hood.  The generals in WWII did too (in the movies, sniper bait in reality). I guess everyone wants to feel special and important, just like the elite.

Or is it a case of "I AM MORE PATRIOTIC THAN YOU ARE!"  ????

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top