Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2001 12:23:55 AM EDT
I saw a list of the different bayonet numbers (M#) with a list of what rifles that they were designed for, but I can't find it again.  Does anyone know, or is there a website talking about the different bayo types?

Is the M7 and M9 the only two designed for the AR15/M16?

What will fit on a 16.1" Colt M4 Upper?

-Red-
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 1:48:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the M7 and M9 the only two designed for the AR15/M16?
View Quote

AFAIK, yes.

What will fit on a 16.1" Colt M4 Upper?
View Quote

Neither the M7 nor the M9 will fit on a 16" barrel, however they will fit on 14.5" and 20" barrels. I know on no bayonet that will fit a 16" barrel.
View Quote

None will on a 16" barrel with a standard flashhider.  But if you use one of the XM-177 look-a-like flash hiders that slip over the 16" barrel and make it look like an 11" barrel with a 5" flashhider, the bayonet should fit.  The only reason it wouldn't would be if the outside diameter is larger than a normal flash hider.  I do not believe thay are, but I have never measured.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#3]
The slipover supressors I have seen and used are larger diameter than a standard so you will not be able to use one of them!

I will add that a 11.5-inch upper with a 5.5-inch supressor will also mount a bayonet.

As for Bayonets that fit the M-16...  The M7 and M9 are the only US military bayonets but there are MANY others around that will mount to the rifle including some that are actually AOW guns that shoot.  Following is a bayonet that I own that I really like!

[url]http://www.eickhorn-solingen.com/frame_products.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool stuff on that website.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top